Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Pre update test

Melinis [206,297] (Arena)

Tells you it's PK, but it isn't (get the 'cannot attack player' message, iso 'cannot attack people from same guild').

Idaloran TAB map: blacksmith dot is correctly placed at the npc, but ...... can't mapwalk to it, cause he's on the courtyard. Saves a few questions on #1/#24, if the dot is moved to blacksmith school entrance.

Edited by RallosZek

Palon Vertas Insides 400,15

Door doesn't work from the inside. (You have to rotate camera and the icon changes into the door icon when its on the outside)

In the tavern in Zirakinbar (Zirakinbar Insides [213,36]) there is a broken bottle and a red stain. It looks like a murder scene, which is super-cool, but when you look at the red stain, it says "You see a road." I thought that was a little odd. Maybe it should say, "You see a suspicious red stain... it is blood!" Or something cooler to the same effect. :pirate: Here is a picture of what I'm talking about:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/Wingalings/RedRoad.jpg

Cheers!

Really should have posted earlier :/

Once you unzip the folder into your copy of the EL directory, you need to do a little housekeeping to get it installed correctly:

here is my directory structure after unzipping the update:

E:

\Program Files

\Program Files\Eternal Lands

\Program Files\copy of Eternal Lands

\Program Files\copy of Eternal Lands\update

what you need to do is go into the \Program Files\copy of Eternal Lands\update folder, select all the files and directories, copy them, go back to \Program Files\copy of Eternal Lands and paste them, overwriting any exisiting files. At this stage, if you did not get a message asking to overwrite files you have done something incorrectly.

Your next (and final) step is to open el.ini and search for 2000, change it to read 2001

Save el.ini

Run EL from there. If it all worked, you should see "Test server" in the EL client. Run to c2 and buy your nice new armor, and don't forget to buy me a pair of titanium cuisses too for being so helpful ;)

Really should have posted earlier :/

Except that the idea is that anyone who can't work it out, probably isn't going to be a huge amount of help testing on the test server. I'm not going to say whether that is a good idea or not, that's just the way it is.

I understand completely where you're coming from, yet constantly I see people that have done everything correctly apart from the last step of drag/dropping, or trying to run el.exe from inside the update folder.

I was deliberately obtuse about unzipping into the folder as that should stop anyone that does not have the capability to do that.

I am spending a lot of time on 2001 at present as I am bot testing, and constantly see people on the server asking where the armor is, quickly followed by "it's invisible" or "what (undisclosed NPC)". The more people that go on the test server to explore the faster any 'features' will be found and reported, so a tiny bit of help surely would not go amiss.

I do not mind explaining where they've gone wrong on channel 1, but it gets a little repetitive, hence my post.

I myself fell foul of the fact that the update does not install to the correct location, and I doubt anybody would say I lack the knowledge to be on 2001. It took a little time for me to figure out where the error lay and you can believe that the great Homer Jay Simpson would have been proud of my "d'oh" when I realised where the problem lay.

I want to see everyone over level 50 (in anything) on the test server, you have no excuses.

The faster we locate the 'featurettes' the faster we can have flashy armour on 2000.

:):):):):)

the simple way of stoping auto update is moveing (or removeing) the mirrors.lst file found in your el directory

Or, you can just edit el.ini and set #autoupdate = 0 (which was a patch created at steph's request). The option is also available in the options window, and takes effect after a restart.

Currently it seems the "s2e removal event" is triggered as soon as you click on Hydrogenium Ore. No harvest attempted, just clicked on it. By repeatedly clicking on Hydrogenium without a single attempt, you could empty your inventory pretty fast. :D

The way it would be good:

|click| - wait - |harvest attempt| - |remove s2e| - |success true/false| - wait - |harvest attempt| - |remove s2e| - |success true/false| - ...

currently it seems like:

|click| - |remove s2e| - wait - |harvest attempt| - |success true/false| - wait - |harvest attempt| - |remove s2e| - |success true/false| - ...

EDIT: I could test it more thoroughly now, and I can only tell what I observed. Clicking on Hydrogenium immediately removes an s2e. If you do anything before your character tried to harvest actually, he stops haresting, and you just wasted a s2e. :)

I even had a random "You stopped harvesting." event, that had the same effect.

After that though, I had to wait quite long till I could start the harvest again. I guess thats due to long harvest time of Hydro. So no fast clicking, but the chance to lose s2e right at beginning through mistake are quite high.

Edited by xand