Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NitageR

no more ros

Try being hardcore like zorro com/thermal long and no rosto - thats the spirit of pk!!

hehe

LOL, some people dropped COLs too because they came to pk without rostogol... HezzarPL (or something, dunno how to spell his name) and atmosfear comes to mind.

Also, DonPedro and smooms was talking about a day when Don forgot the rostogol and smooms and scarr pked him. He was wearing thermal serp and COL and dont dropped that, lucky Pedro LAL

I agree with Nitager.....played this game before rosts and CoLs were online and it was nice Pking......now when all mentiond above are there is no fun.....guy (for example) #750 a/d and little to high p/c with CoL comes into PK map..takes one or two hits and runs off....

And of course what is the sense of p/c counting on PK instead of A/d..

I don't want to abuse anyone or say bad words towards him/her but look at Ulubatli....a/d for fluffs, p/c for dcw....for me it sucks :/...in theory Im stronger than him but his p/c turns things upside down...As for me that is little unfrair...

But what Developers will do with that is only in their might

Enough of this :rolleyes: I must take my dogs for a walk ;]

And what about that rostogol will only reduce drop ratio, let's say on 10% instead of 50%, so it would be some protection, but not for 100% sure...

And of course what is the sense of p/c counting on PK instead of A/d..

I don't want to abuse anyone or say bad words towards him/her but look at Ulubatli....a/d for fluffs, p/c for dcw....for me it sucks :/...in theory Im stronger than him but his p/c turns things upside down...As for me that is little unfrair...

But what Developers will do with that is only in their might

I'm not fond of this setup either. There should not be unlimited p/c, there should be ***required*** levels for equipping/summoning/making things, one weapon shouldn't be the determining factor in a fight, and rost stones are too easy. Imo.

LOL, some people dropped COLs too because they came to pk without rostogol... HezzarPL (or something, dunno how to spell his name) and atmosfear comes to mind.

Also, DonPedro and smooms was talking about a day when Don forgot the rostogol and smooms and scarr pked him. He was wearing thermal serp and COL and dont dropped that, lucky Pedro LAL

me and mum :D

It should be really disappointing to pk someone with COL/thermal, that one drops a bag and neither COL or thermal be in bag. Poor Nitager ;) Lucky Don :D

More on topic: i think one of the main reasons that pk is not more "populate" is because there are no reward to the winner since everyone go there with rostogols.

Perhaps Ros don't need to be totally removed, but perhaps their drop rates could be lowered WAY, WAY DOWN (hehe, Office Space...), to the point that not every fighter could have one at the same time. Then people would still drop items, and having a Ro would be a *rare* treat.

ye nita, p/c is too big a factor.

i remember ages ago CG had huge p/c because of his perks, he used to be able to kill pedro often, i still got loads of screens of it lolz.. and he was like 15 a/d lower than pedro

@Nita: i wander if you would think the same way if you weren't a top5 player. :D

A/D should be the most imprtant part of fighting.

I think real player skills and strategy should be the most important thing in fighting. Strong char should help, but not determine a fight. COLs and cooldown support that.

My idea on rostos:

1)Making the amount of them constant( no new ones appearing in game, eighter mined/dropped/bought from the shop)

2)Changing the way they work: if a player gets killed he DROPS the stone(it doesn't dissapear), but nothing else.

This way the 'victim' would save its most precious items and the pk'er would still have a profit.

On the p/c thing: i think it's power is realistic ;) i mean irl a 90 year old karate champion on a weel chair wouldn't beat a dumb mountain of muscules :P and neg perks bite a lot. Also a high 'value' of pp's hits alrounders and thats good for the economy.

@Nita: i wander if you would think the same way if you weren't a top5 player. :D

Dude i am top 5 player because i was training much, everyone can be top player. There are in game people who started to play much later then me and owned me in a/d... so it is possible.

Btw. If you were pking before ros, cd and other staff like it you would feel the spirit of my posts. I think i have never seen you in pk.

Edited by NitageR

Luckly no :D

About training much: powergaming is the biggest disadvantage of EL imho. Its easy to lose grip and turn the game into murderous work.

I've joined EL after ros but before cooldown and i remember fighting without cd sucked- if you got loaded up with BR's you could have kill almost everything ingame.

edit: typo

Edited by Czpil

My idea on rostos:

1)Making the amount of them constant( no new ones appearing in game, eighter mined/dropped/bought from the shop)

2)Changing the way they work: if a player gets killed he DROPS the stone(it doesn't dissapear), but nothing else.

This way the 'victim' would save its most precious items and the pk'er would still have a profit.

I think it would make pvp/training on monster much easier, people would have little fear to lose stuff.

On the p/c thing: i think it's power is realistic :D i mean irl a 90 year old karate champion on a weel chair wouldn't beat a dumb mountain of muscules ;) and neg perks bite a lot. Also a high 'value' of pp's hits alrounders and thats good for the economy.

First and foremost: its not realistic the "high value" of pp's. Someone would be weaker just because he happens to be a manuer and got to spend pp's on there? I dont like the nexus system of el at all.

In the other hand, attack and defense is much harder to get than pp's and what define most fights is p/c, so its unbalanced, people who spent more time training (or bought a better char) would not enjoy the benefits of their efforts.

And not everything is muscle either, nobody denied p/c should make difference on fights, we are just arguing it makes too much difference.

Oh, and it comes from someone who is not top5 :P

I think it would make pvp/training on monster much easier, people would have little fear to lose stuff.

Not really bcz ros would get much more expensive

attack and defense is much harder to get than pp's and what define most fight is p/c, so its unbalanced

Studying martial arts is also way harder than working out in a gym :D

I dont like the nexus system of el at all.

Neither do I. The ability to use a wep/mine stuff should be based on attributes. Its not cool that someone so weak that he needs 5 hits to kill a rat can carry a steel axe just bcz he has the right nexus:)

PS.

I think i have never seen you in pk.

I don't really pk, but i like arranged ff's and these are much more phun with cd ;))

Edited by Czpil

Nexi are good when determining which potion/weapon you can make, but I either agree that armor/weapon wearing ability should be determined by P (for armor) or P/C (weapons need dexterity as well).

attack and defense is much harder to get than pp's and what define most fight is p/c, so its unbalanced

Studying martial arts is also way harder than working out in a gym :D

But in real life there are no perks that make you strong sudenly.

And in a side note, Bruce Lee owned almost all (including Chuck Norris, martial arts masters, champions boxers) and was not exactly strong. So martial arts gives you more advantage than gym training in real life, in my humble opinion.

And this is a RPG which is played in a fantasy world. In this settings people usually wants to have rewards for their efforts just like in real life. ;)

Edited by Lorck

steroids? :D

martial arts gives you more advantage than gym training in real life

120/120/4/4 player would prolly pwn a 55/55/34/34 player, its hard to tell which give you more advantage ;) And Bruce Lee may have been not an giant muscle man, but he wasnt a wimp either :P

Yeah, P/C of course should be important, but not as important as it is now.

I would like to notice here that strategy and individual player skills are important. Despite my top5 A/D i don't feel like overpowered brainless strongman.

You can think and say what you want but personally for me overpowered by negs pkers are funny. What is a pleasure to fight when you are like a tank and don't have to use your brain to win a battle huh? This is one of the reasons i am still perkless at around 130 oa :D

Edited by NitageR

steroids? :D

martial arts gives you more advantage than gym training in real life

120/120/4/4 player would prolly pwn a 55/55/34/34 player, its hard to tell which give you more advantage ;) And Bruce Lee may have been not an giant muscle man, but he wasnt a wimp either :P

With steroids you gain muscles faster but you still have to train hard.

Oh, and Bruce Lee is just one example, i can give you many more exemples of small kung fue people who defeated giant muscle men.

And what about that rostogol will only reduce drop ratio, let's say on 10% instead of 50%, so it would be some protection, but not for 100% sure...

well, i'm by no mean pker (maybe i'll have the stats for that in a few years :D ), but i think this makes a good point.

rosto's should "fail" a little bit. lower the 50% rate to 5-10% would probably spice things up a bit.

i don't really like the idea of a full insurance. a bit of random "bad luck" could be nice. ;)

Oh, and Bruce Lee is just one example, i can give you many more exemples of small kung fue people who defeated giant muscle men.

they had large coord :D

And back on topic: you guys say that pk system should be restored to when there were no ros etc. While imo its going in the right direction, tho it's still not perfect. Nita and others complain all they get in pk is satisfaction at the oponent losing a rosto and a funny death message to put into their sig. Remember when there was no cd on diss rings? You didn't get even that :P

Rostogols are avaliable way too easy, but i'm, sure it will get fixed, just give it some time. The game is still evolving and 'backwards' is not the right direction for evolution ;)

Remember when there was no cd on diss rings? You didn't get even that :D

Sure ya did, cause people were willing to risk staying and fighting cause they could diss again quick, ...then u get surprised.

Take today...nice little fight with enius, doing fine, hit restore at 74 health thinking its all good........only his mirror kicked in or something and I healed in hell.

Always can get that unexpected surprise.

I think tanyia has the best approach. When i first started there were rosts, but they were far less in abundance. Having a rost was like "omg..think what i can do now"

Edited by anthropologist

Before the overall system ..came to EL ....after doing a quest...you could get a max of 15 15 15 15 4 4 p c r w i v. No1 could get more then that...and a player with 10 levels above you...in a d ..would totaly own u. Fights were more intense...then..and more fun! IMO the whole OA system sux..! Maybe there should be limit for how much p c u can get....

lmfao i remember, and the "combat" lvl was really silly :D

had to get like 10000000 beaver furs rofl

limit p/c is good idea though, although it means the whole fighting system would need to be redone, because training on a chim with a low p/c aint fun :P