Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
algunar

#create_title

creating certain titles for guild members. now you can probably do that already (as an imagination), but lets make it official and put it on pen and paper. you type #create_title a b c d, where:

a=full title name

b=the minimum skill level requirements in order (not including oa)

c=the minimum rank needed

d=the short title name (must be no longer than 2 characters long)

example: #create_title Ranger 20_20_5_5_5_5_5_5 5 Rg

(i would only be able to do this if i was rank 19+)

so when a guildie reaches that requirements for the 1st time they get a message saying: You are now a Ranger!

when they talk in #gm and on guild chat channel it shows: #gm from [name](Rg): blah blah blah. maybe this also comes up everywhere to another guildies eyes, but not to a not-in-guild person. so another guildie sees [name](Rg) [guild], not [name] [guild]. just like the guild tag colours really.

there could be a #change_title, where all you need to do this is know the full title name and have rank 19+.

example: #change_title Ranger 30_30_10_10_10_10_10_10 5 Rn

and

#destroy_title, where you still just need to know the full title name and have rank 19+. #destroy_title Ranger

these titles would mean that the ranks are more official really, and no one could lie about their own "title" as they cannot change their own title and all would see their title.

its just like implementing the guilds all over again. sure we could have made up a guild and remembered the members, but you guys made it official, so why not do this too? (obviously only if you think it's a good idea)

Algunar

I think that something like this is a cool idea, but not just for guilds..for everyone. It would promote a more role play aspect to the game, to give your character more depth.

Maybe like having a set of predefined titles(to prevent spam ones).

Like:

Knight

Warrior

Ranger

Paladin

Mage

Cleric

etc....

Although where they would be located so other people can see them is the question.It could be that these titles would have nothing to do with skills/professions/classes, but be JUST a title that you'd pick for your character.

Just another idea anyway :rolleyes:

yea, they do something like this in Kal online. When you're in a guild you get a title depending on rank, and it get displayed next to your guild. Example is "Protector of (Guild name here)". Looks cool :rolleyes:

We need it for sure

that would be cool but how would you know your title would there be a #title command?

I like the idea of adding a title before a name. It would be great to see it in game. :crosses fingers:

Vanyel

maybe, since people will most likely get bored of being called Mage [name] all the time, and the game allows you to 'do it all', you can change your title at certain times. maybe after every log in, or after every 10 in game hours, or maybe the mods could give all players the option to change their title at certain points. players get a message from titler, pm from titler: do you want to change your title?, pm to titler: yes. or maybe the option comes up on your next log in screen. but i guess it doesnt matter that much, it wont screw your life up or anything. thought it might be better though, and goes more towards the game theme.

Edited by algunar

I don't like the idea of changing a title. The honour titles weren't something easy to change - only the kings/knigt brotherhood masters could have done it. In game should be the same. If you are given a honour titles - be happy to have one.

Vanyel

I agree partially with Vanyel - titles of honor should be earned, and hard to change without losing favor, or gaining a higher title.

However, what about professional titles - like, bards or tailors? Sure, IRL these would be hard to change - but, if you live under the circumstances we have in game, these shouldn't be that unrealistic - I mean, one day, I'm a mage, and the next, I start trying to work like a bard, or I am a blacksmith, and want to be a warrior... this (my thought) probably isn't the type of titles most people are thinking...

The honour titles weren't something easy to change - only the kings/knigt brotherhood masters could have done it. In game should be the same. If you are given a honour titles - be happy to have one.
I agree partially with Vanyel - titles of honor should be earned, and hard to change without losing favor, or gaining a higher title.

yeah that would be better. you wouldnt be able to keep up with other people's names if they kept changing from one title to another, then they get bored cos there's none left to choose from. so some monitoring on titles would be good, and certain "higher" people (mods etc) should only be able to change names. i just didnt wanna be one title all the time, with no possible chance of changing it. i will be happy with what i get, or maybe what i choose (however it could work). i'll be happy as long i can still be Algunar. perhaps mods could give players the power to change their own and/or others' titles if they see them to be worthy enough.

However, what about professional titles - like, bards or tailors? Sure, IRL these would be hard to change - but, if you live under the circumstances we have in game, these shouldn't be that unrealistic - I mean, one day, I'm a mage, and the next, I start trying to work like a bard, or I am a blacksmith, and want to be a warrior... this (my thought) probably isn't the type of titles most people are thinking...

titles are just a name, they represent honour, not what you do. purely for roleplaying purposes.

Edited by algunar