Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Enyo

A Day in the EL life

Guest Enyo

Its all LadyReni's fault.. I blame her for everything. Anyway, I was on EL making a zillion trips back and forth to Mira buying feasting potions so I could make Health Essence and Spirit Restoration since I'm too poor now to buy them. First I had to spend a pavillion hours harvesting blue lupines and carrying them back and forth to the Portland flower shop until I finally had 26K..

Low and behold, LadyReni pms me to ask if I've been on the test server to know if the feasting potions are stackable yet or not. I said "no". Later on after starting my tedious journey of buying feasting potions, I pm LadyReni to ask if she found out and she said "no". So I thought about it and decided that I would be the good samaritan who downloads the test server 3 version.. first copying the original version somewhere safe, download the test 3, unzip and overwrite existing file, etc and so on.

I logged on only to discover that I had to reset due to having hellspawn and it works quiet well on the test server. I had to harvest 12 levels so I could get some physique and take all negatives except for anti and hellspawn (why isn't it called underworld spawn if the underworld is infact not hell?). After doing all of that I nearly forgot about the potions.

I went to Mira and ended up having to remove my plate and everything else and unloading it all on the ground.. guess what?! The potions are infact stackable. Of course I couldn't carry all of that so I had to leave my plate and everything in the bag sitting on the ground and make several trips back and forth to Nordcarn storage since Raven has moved yet again on the test server and was entirely too far.

I thought that since I was on the test server I would actually test a few things out for them. The first thing that I wanted to try was the underground exit in Palon Vertas where the emeralds and ogre are to see if it works now. Guess what?! It works now.. yay!

Then I remebered about Destina in Iscalarith or someplace cold like that didn't work so I wanted to check it out too. I made my way to the docks in Idaloran and made it to Iscalarith (who came up with these hard to spell names?) or something like that soon to discover that I was quickly dying! Apparently the cold was killing me. I madly clicked clicked my way back to Idaloran storage only to sadly discover that I had no warm clothing. What?!

#beam me back to Seridia or however you spell it. I logged onto the market channel hoping to buy some fur clothes.. it was a complete ghost channel. OK, so I decided that I would make some fur clothes. How hard could they be after all. I read up in the encyclopedia. Iron bars, rat tails,wolf fur, deer fur fox fur, white rabbit fur, brown rabbit fur, beaver fur, thread, leather and a needle.. is basically all I needed. Why couldn't all of these animals have been in one place for me to slaughter and take their fur, tails, etc? I went to the rat house at IP chasing around nasty rodent like critters until I had 8 tails. YUK!! Went to VOTD for the deer and wolf fur and for some reason the wolves were taking FOREVER to spawn. Then I made my way to the woods in Desert Pines to kill the two fox that I needed. I went to the beachfront on the way to C2 to kill one white rabbit and then made my way yet back again to IP to run around hammering cute little bunnies and beavers (Thanks Goddess my 7 year old daugter was sleeping to not witness this because she made me promise that I wouldn't kill anymore cute animals on EL). I went to the general store to buy a pickaxe and then traveled to each and every single blacksmith in all Seridia searching for one who sold iron bars. Guess what?! NONE did! Oh yeah , I had to harvest more veggies which I hate to get some more Pick Points because I needed two on artifical to make the fur clothes and two on inorganic to harvest the iron ore in order to make the iron bars. Guess what?! I said the heck with it all and went back to the WSC blacksmith who sold iron ore for 20 gold coins each and I thought to myself that I wasn't about to pay that! But I paid it even after I went to all of the trouble to put two Pick Points on inorganic. (This goes to show you that the economy can pull out of its recess if players are willing to bite the bullet and not give in to demanding customers who want to ruin the economy with their pathetically low prices. Eventually they will pay the full price like I did.) I bought the 4 fire essence from the magic shop in WSC (I wasn't about to harvest sulfur, snapdragons and red roses just to make 4 fire essences.. I'm really more like a catalog girl who prefers to buy it all and make as little as possible.. someone has to keep those people in jobs.) and yes I actually harvested the 6 coals myself only because I couldn't find a place to buy them. WOW, I made the two iron bars and was so very proud of myself. I managed to find the general store to buy thread, leather and a needle. A couple of times it failed as I was trying to make it and I was crossing my fingers and hoping that I wouldn't lose ingredients too. FINALLY I finished my brand new fur outfit all by my little ole' self..yes I did it.. I really did it and now I was safe to travel back to Iscalarith or something like that without fear of dying from cold exposure.

I paid the 100 gold coins.. bla bla bla.. you know how it goes.. one boat and then another and allot of walking and clicking and so on.. finally.. I was at Destina!! I arrived!! Guess what?! I wasn't able to access storage. I opened up storage but when I went to navigate got these horrid red letters that said I couldn't access her. :) Can someone please tell me why I had to dress like a Viking Goddess while she was dressed casually for a walk on the beach? Shouldn't she be freezing to death or something?

After all of this, I thought at least I can report a bug that no one else has. Guess what?! Bep already reported it before ME!!! ;) (There were also a few map bugs that I bravely discovered too but someone else also had reported those.. Hey I did report that feasting potions are stackable and something was wrong with the video mathingamagidgy.. does that count?). All I could think of during this whole process is that I need to get back to LadyReni but by the time I finished it was like 4 am my time in France and she was long gone sound asleep in her bed where I should have been... zzzzzzzzzzz.

Can someone please explain to me why there is a human male portrait in the storage window for Destina?

PS Just thought that I would mention this all took about 6 - 8 hours.. a full EL day! I just want to know if Radu or Roja or anyone else on the EL dev team appreciate my hard work??????? Do I get something nice for all of my hard work and devotion like a free thermal serp or Helm of Magic? Well?!.. just another day in the EL life..At least I know how to make a fur outfit :)

EDIT: I still have to delete the test version folder and copy the original folder back to its place in program files because I use Windows XP and have yet to complete the task of buying feasting potions.. oh well.. another day for that.

Edited by Enyo

Its all LadyReni's fault.. I blame her for everything.

Sorry Enyo ... omg I cannot stop laughing ;):):)

1. On Iscarlith, I didn't die if I wore a single fur cloak (OK it wasn't on the testserver, but the original, or the cold damage will be higher?).

2. I had the same problem with Destinta (on the original server of course), and I got the answer from channel 24, that after you open the storage, you have to go right (from Destinta's view) to the wall, and ther e you can use it.

Guest Enyo

1. On Iscarlith, I didn't die if I wore a single fur cloak (OK it wasn't on the testserver, but the original, or the cold damage will be higher?).

2. I had the same problem with Destinta (on the original server of course), and I got the answer from channel 24, that after you open the storage, you have to go right (from Destinta's view) to the wall, and ther e you can use it.

I don't know but I only had a MM cloak on. On the regular server, the cold doesn't effect you yet or it didn't me. I only knew that I didn't want to take that chance of dying again and there was no one in site to ask so I made an entire fur outfit.. gloves, hat and all and I think I was looking rather cute. Besides, just a cloak would have made me look like a peasant.. :)

As for Destina, I moved in all kind of directions and there was no one on channel 24 or any other channel to ask. I still wonder why Destina wasn't wearing fur and yet seemed to be very healthy. Maybe its those green horns of hers, I don't know.

Its all LadyReni's fault.. I blame her for everything.

Sorry Enyo ... omg I cannot stop laughing :omg::D:D

:pinch::cry:;):wacko::)

Edited by Enyo

Guest Enyo

Ok, here is the screenshot. The storage works from here.

I was in leather set, and didn't die. And in fact, I lost minimal amount of life when i didn't wear it.

But thats not on the test server and when I was on the regular server I didn't even need leather and honestly, who looks cuter? You in your leather or me in my fur? The storage doesn't work properly if we have to find a spot where we can access it .. like far away instead of up close. Its doing the opposite of what it should be doing. I guess I could have worn leather too but I didn't have any until after I bought the iron bars and then I bought one leather torso from the WSC blacksmith or from one of them, I can't remember which one but I think it was WSC. I didn't want to read a book on leather torso and also have to find where to buy it, etc. Yes on the test server you lose life very very fast.. try it for yourself. Anyway, it was just a big adventure and turned out to be allot of fun and I thought it was hilarious so I wanted to share the story... Kinda like the day when a few of us on the test server decided we would find a way to bypass the chim wolf barracade blocking entrance to the new continent.. that was so much fun but I'll share that one on another cold day.

Edited by Enyo

Anyway, it was just a big adventure and turned out to be allot of fun and I thought it was hilarious so I wanted to share the story... Kinda like the day when a few of us on the test server decided we would find a way to bypass the chim wolf barracade blocking entrance to the new continent.. that was so much fun but I'll share that one on another cold day.

*cough**cough*The test server is for testing, not adventuring, and didn't a lot of you get test-server banned for that event?*cough**cough*

Guest Enyo

Anyway, it was just a big adventure and turned out to be allot of fun and I thought it was hilarious so I wanted to share the story... Kinda like the day when a few of us on the test server decided we would find a way to bypass the chim wolf barracade blocking entrance to the new continent.. that was so much fun but I'll share that one on another cold day.

*cough**cough*The test server is for testing, not adventuring, and didn't a lot of you get test-server banned for that event?*cough**cough*

I don't know but I didn't. Anyway, I was there to test actually but the test turned out to be an adventure. :P

But thats not on the test server and when I was on the regular server I didn't even need leather and

It was on the test server. Appereatly I got the same damage on the test server than on the regular.

At first (about a day before your post) I explored Iscarlith on the regular server and I was wearing a fur cloak. I found the bug about Destinta, and got the answer from channel 24. And after your post, I tried the same on the test server, and got the same result.

About the storage: yes, it's a bug, but it works from the place I'm standing on the picture.

Guest Enyo

Peter, this post was just a fun post and nothing more. But I did go back to the test server and the same cold damage is there.. of course I also have jelly bones on that server but even without it there is damage like every second. For me its 3 points of damage. Apparently you only need one item with cold protection, even a pair of warm gloves will do it and it gives you full protection. I think it would be interesting to have protection based on how many items that a player is wearing instead of getting the full benefit from only one item.

But of course when I was running about trying to make my fur outfit, I wasn't aware that only one item with cold protection would suffice. Does it really matter? The story was posted not to critique but because it was hilarious and I thought it would make others laugh as much as it did me even though I wasn't really laughing as it progressed.

hehe, looks like you had an insane day!

But that's what usually happens. You want to do something, you need something else, and the you need something for that item and etc etc...it goes on for awhile.

But all the same, you get exp as you go along, most of the time :o

-Kat