Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Bonus exp areas, no item made

how about raising the basic-xp for summoning, crafting, manu, alch, potion (harvesting) for each lvl you get ??

in fighting the xp gets higher and higher with each monster aswell :P

Well, you have a strange look on this game. While fighting and lvling up you get less exp. A new monster is the same as making higher lvl items. You get more exp to summon a chim than summon a wolf for example. I guess it would be better to lower the exp get from an item when you get a higher skill. Let's say, Item A gives you 30 exp, after +1 lvl you only got 28 ... So on level 30 you will get no more exp from it. Or you can just say like the minimum exp can be set on 10 etc ... But I've said this somewhere on this forum :evilgrin:

There's a problem there, Cycloon - With most skills, you are gaining experience for an item - such as, experience per veggie harvested, or helmet made, or wolf summoned, or... combat actually has to compare your levels against the levels of an opponent. Since your enemies aren't leveling (in the case of monsters) as you are, the comparison changes as you level.

It's a difference between static and dynamic leveling.

I don't really understand what you're trying to say, but let me explain it a little bit more.

A leather helmet that needs level 10 manufacturing gives you 30 exp

When you make it at lvl 9 you get 32 exp

at level 8 32 exp,

but at level 11 only 28

at level 12 only 26

at level 13 only 24, so at this point, the exp is getting worthless, but when you start making leather pants you get more exp.

Let's say pants are level 16, you get 50 exp from it to make it.

At level 13 from where you ended leather helmets you will get 56 exp

level 14 - 54 exp

level 15 - 52 exp

level 16 - 50 exp

level 17 - 48 exp

and so on.

So you see what I mean? When you want more exp, you shouldn't stick on the lower items because they simply give no more exp ... that's like how the monsters work. In the beginning you get nice exp from a gob, but when once you level you need to find a higher level monsters, and so on ..

Ok, I see what you are saying - but, an item generally has no levels. Items generate the experience per item, so making item X gives you Y experience, regardless if you are level 1 or 100 - the problem with making better items has not been the good experience lower stuff provides, but the wasted time in trying to make higher items. Example - people stay on helmets, gloves, or pants forever, because thread and leather are easily obtainable. In the meantime, metal armors aren't made as often because of the work to get ore, make into bars, and then make the armor. In the end, you could have more manu experience with leather in the same amount of time as you'd use to get less with metal. But, the point being that the item has no life, no level, nothing but that it's an item, so making it gets a certain amount of experience regardless of if you are level 1 or 100.

But monster/player fighting - you have level X, versus monster with level Y - that is compared, and creates a modifier for the experience potential. so, you gain a level, the modifier makes your experience go down. The target gains a level, the modifier makes your experience go up.

Not to say this couldn't be used in other skills, but to me, in most, it really makes little sense as things are now.

You can use the recommended level to generate a certain amount of exp. You can say recommended lvl * 5 = total exp on that level.

But as you are saying everyone now is sticking on leather items. With my idea it will be better to go on with other items. Maybe when the new items are released there could be a weapon/armor for each level so a nice ladder could be made to progress in the manu skill. And when you say leveling will go slower: Everyone will level at the same speed, and everyone will be hitted by it. Does each skill need to be as easy as a/d training? I don't think so :blush:

This could be the formula for the exp: ((recommended lvl * 5) - 2 * (current lvl - recommended lvl))

Edited by Cycloonx

I don't really understand what you're trying to say, but let me explain it a little bit more.

A leather helmet that needs level 10 manufacturing gives you 30 exp

When you make it at lvl 9 you get 32 exp

at level 8 32 exp,

but at level 11 only 28

at level 12 only 26

at level 13 only 24, so at this point, the exp is getting worthless, but when you start making leather pants you get more exp.

Let's say pants are level 16, you get 50 exp from it to make it.

At level 13 from where you ended leather helmets you will get 56 exp

level 14 - 54 exp

level 15 - 52 exp

level 16 - 50 exp

level 17 - 48 exp

and so on.

So you see what I mean? When you want more exp, you shouldn't stick on the lower items because they simply give no more exp ... that's like how the monsters work. In the beginning you get nice exp from a gob, but when once you level you need to find a higher level monsters, and so on ..

but then once you get to like level 60s manu like lobster, annraoi, and so on, you can only level off like plate and tit axes? :D that would make it impossible to level

Is there a need to level more than lvl 60 those days? When new items come they will be able to level more. Otherwise they can level to infinity ... so even when new items come out, they will be able to train, so they will not be able already to make those items even before they are released :blink:

Decreasing an action's experience value with increasing level misuses or misunderstands experience level systems like that used by EL.

It is more useful to think of an action's experience worth relative to the experience needed to gain a level. This already decreases as level increases.

To suggest decreasing an action's experience with level is to add unnecessary complication, since this effect is already modelled in the level system.

If there is a problem with the level progession -- if low-difficulty actions are having too big an impact on high levels -- then increasing the relative spacing between levels, and increasing the value of high-difficulty actions, has the same effect as that suggested, without adding new mechanics.

Do you want larger experience requirements for higher levels? ...thought not, but it is the same thing.

There are no 'right' relationships between levels; that is entirely up to the game.

Edited by trollson

I've read most of this thread, but I might have missed some, so sorry if I repeat somebody elses ideas.

The problem I'm missing with this idea is why it makes levelling up a challenge.

With the current system, it's a chore to become good at something, which is why higher levels are covetted so - if you allow anybody to level twice as fast (if not more because of the food level and item gathering taken out of the equation), higher levelled characters will be extremely common.

I liked the idea of having to pay for the service of training as this means that a user cannot just stay and train - perhaps it should cost more the higher the level you are? (and free below a certain level).

I can see, however, how this would just avoid the whole situation and end up with people building lots of items again - but maybe the double XP and need for less items will swing it enough.

On that note, would it still be possible to fail your training and destroy one or many of the component items? This would also make it less likely that somebody could sit and train up quickly.

*dives in to flame-proof bunker* :o

Admittedly I've been making a lot of leather goods to raise my manufacturing level, but in the past few weeks prices have been going down so much that I can barely break even, and thats having done the leather quest and killing spiders for thread. I agree we need to reduce some of the items in circulation, but this option seems like it would be far too costly in ingredients to be viable. Now, I don't think we should get the full price of the items, otherwise no one will bother making items to sell anymore. But perhaps a payment of half the item's base cost just to offest costs somewhat. Otherwise we'll just have a bunch of people spending most of their time harvesting lilacs for money, and a tiny bit of time levelling, and forget to just enjoy the game. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I do think this is a good idea, but just think we need something more than just the extra exp as motivation. I've spent a lot of time levelling up my harvesting and alchemy so I can gather all the raw ingredients I need myself, but I would still hesitate at using my items for no return other than exp.

But summoning isn't way to get items. You get just creature and lose it very fast (especially at summoning area). So bonus exp arena for summoning would give you just more exp when you lose just materials+mana like in other places.

My 2 cents

I like the school for training, but the extra steps i don't. You could purchase the base ingredients at the school for a reduced cost. When you make the item you can turn it in for credit at the school store. None of the items purchased or made at the school could leave.

My 2 cents

I like the school for training, but the extra steps i don't. You could purchase the base ingredients at the school for a reduced cost. When you make the item you can turn it in for credit at the school store. None of the items purchased or made at the school could leave.

To me, that sounds too easy.

To me, that sounds too easy.

If you like the extra steps, perhaps they would only be used in school, but your success rate out of school would be higher.