Eternal Lands Official Forums
Tanyia

Strange weather!

Ok...so today in Wonderful, Paradise-like Boston, we have a blizzard AND a lightning storm! :wacko:

We have a few inches of snow already, and the windchill must be below zero degrees Farenheit, with gusts of at least 30 mph.

Anyone else having freaky weather?? :):P

Mother Nature is evil even in Real Life today :mace::(

We had a snowstorm in mid-Illinois, and even though all the other schools around us got cancelled, we didn't because we have a literal army of snowplows ^_^;;;

No, it's natural for us to dip under 32 sometimes. For us to stay below freezing and even drop into the low 20s is NOT natural. I had an inch of ice frozen on my windshield and my truck lock frozen stiff. You don't even want me to start on how thick the pond ice was.

Yeah, that's in Texas, a place where 100+ in the summertime is a common thing.

Ittttt's ffffrickkinn cccolddd hhere...

Ok, seriously, I don't normally stutter when I TYPE. But, it's been in the teens in degrees Fahrenheit for the past few days here in SW Ohio. That snowstorm Tanyia is talking about? Passed through here sans lightning a few days ago, with about 3-5 inches of snow locally.

And I really like having a nice heated house, except the draftiest window in the house being right behind my back, and the cats loving to climb in it, so I can't keep the drapes shut...

...but this is typical for Ohio - ungodly hot and humid in the summertime, and cold enough in winter to freeze the nards off an eskimo. (Ok, so people who have it 100+ will call me a wimp when I say the average summer temp is in the 90s, but when the air is thick as soup, a humid 90 has a heat index somewhere around 110 or more, IIRC.)

We're in Alaska, oe of the colder regions on Earth, Anchorage, and it's the middle of winter. I wake up one morning, go over to the thermometer, and it's over 40 degrees. Even though we aren't way far North, it's not natural for it to be RAINING in the middle of winter.

Well, in fact, we have too warm weather here ;)

We got like 15cm snow but most of it melted away :/

Its unusual when we have only like 5 cm snow and temperature is around 0 celcius, usually we have more snow/colder here in Finland at this time :)

Well.... I'd say the weather here in Denmark have been seriously smegged all year.

I blame H.C. Andersen!!! (Living in Odense, and I'm fed up with him due to the last years celebrations...)

But anyway - it ought to have been cold as smeg here by now - below 0 celsius - but no, not even close... think we've had 2-3 nights in the last 2 months where it's been feezing.... It should be winter, and cold, and windy, and snowy and all by now, not a bit chilly and mainly rainy!

Sodding weather - can't be trusted :angry2:

Here it's just alot of snow out of nowhere, and seasons literally changing overnight. I remember in September there was one day, 80 degrees F, next day was 35, tops. That's over a 40 degree change over the course of less than 12 hours, very strange.

Here, north of NYC in commuter distance we had snow on Thanksgiving for the first time in many years. It would still be visible on the ground if not for 8 inches more last Friday. What's creepy is that we seldom get any snow this early and it usually warms up and melts right after. It's been well below freezing and still dropping for the last two weeks. I'll bet it's cold in the city too, Comet.

usually this time of year i freeze out of my vest when going to school.. actually i could go to school without vest still.. really strange but well i'm not gonna complain about not having cold ^_^

Last week we had a severe thunderstorm that ripped trees apart and then later in that same week we had 11 inches of snow. :D So yeah, welcome to Kansas.

winters are becoming warmer here and summers getting colder :confused:

You from teh UK HC?

Cause I know what ya mean, lol.

Edited by WoodeH

Ahh anyone hear?(Yes I read the Econamist)North West europe is going to get a lot colder. Well it is a chance. A current the runs to England is weakening, meaning less warm water is going to be going there. That warm water warms up air currents so the areas that get nice and toasty might be losing their heater. Of course it has not been studied long enough to know all of its patterns(only 10 to 20 years i believe) so it might just be a flux. You never know what might happen....

Here, north of NYC in commuter distance we had snow on Thanksgiving for the first time in many years. It would still be visible on the ground if not for 8 inches more last Friday. What's creepy is that we seldom get any snow this early and it usually warms up and melts right after. It's been well below freezing and still dropping for the last two weeks. I'll bet it's cold in the city too, Comet.

I'm not in the city, I'm over in the Warren County area in the northcountry, but yeah I havn't seen a snowy thanksgiving in probably 3 or 4 years here