Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

An idea for more excitment to the game!

257 members have voted

1. 1. Please read message below fully before voting! :)

• No keep the maps and monsters as they are!
    • Yes, make these changes!

Since Roja is asking for new skills I have a few ideas.

1. Redemption: According to how many PP you put into this attribute and a random factor you may at random times while fighting get healed for the amount of damage you normally recieve. (not sure if that is a skill but I had to add)

2. Collecting: It's a bit like harvesting but can be done anywhere and yields random items, of course the higher your level, the higher the chance of getting an item. In order to level you would need to gain exp whether you got anything or not. Of course to stop people from abusing this to level their OA it would need an hourly exp limit.

3. Soul Reaping: When an enemy near you dies according to your level in this skill you will gain mana.

4. Cooking: I think just cooking raw meat is sort of silly, why not be able to make more advanced meals that like heal you fully or maybe give you a temporary boost in your food capacity?

I'm tired, but that was what I thought of right away.

i voted no but i ment to click on yes :D

Why drop the perk ppl, do you ******* realize that you give 5 pp for that perk, 5 pp that DON'T come back without reset? I think it's perfectly balanced as is now, no guards, mm intact and so on.

I think stonemason might be a good skill.Lord Luxin needs to improve the lands defences do to renewed pirate activity.No skill needed to mine granite and sell to npc.A source of income for new people instead of flowers all the time.

Marble mining.Regular mining but blocks must be dressed with rock hammer(new item) and maybe essesnce.Finished marble is tithed to the god of your choice.A kind of in game contest.At the end of a certain period of time the god that receives the most donations is tops for a period of time.A slight increase in blessing for followers of the winning god.Slight decrease in blessings for followers of the losing gods.

It may create a new market item as players vie to make their god the best.

Im not sure if this idea was suggeted before but how about making this new monsters and npc guards and stuff all on c2 that was people can go and try it out if they like and maybe have a ring or something that drops rarely so that soom of the poorer noobs can get to c2 to get a weak players view on it all

I voted no. If I wanted to have monsters chasing me I wouldn't have spent all those PP's on MM. Though given how watered down MM is becoming I'm certainly starting to wish for a refund opportunity. MM ain't cheap. The fact that it has gotten less useful over time and that people are discussing things that will water it down even more is a bit distressing.

I voted no (how predictable is that? :) ).

I took MM for one reason: to explore strange new maps, to seek out new monsters and new cities... well, you get the idea :) I like being able to go into seemingly dangerous places and having a reasonably good chance of getting out alive, without having to fight. MM is the closest thing EL offers to the character archetype that I like to play (sort of a sneaky, crafty, wood-wise type). If I want a "thrill," well, I'll reset and not take MM (or maybe I'll just streak through Kilaran Fields :) )

If you introduce some mechanism by which we explorer-wannabes could "dodge" monsters, one that doesn't rely on a laggy home key or frantic (and also laggy) mouse clicking, then I'd think otherwise. Better flee was already mentioned, as was some sort of "stealth" skill (applicable to monsters only). Another possibility might be to give the aggressive monsters some sort of regular patrol that changes slightly over time, so savvy players could scout monster movements and bolt when the time was right (inasmuch as we can bolt, that is).

...and why do some folks think "harder" or "realistic" are the same as "better gameplay?" <_<

my only concern is that us non-fighters will NOT be able to explore your many maps and secrets, which is partly what el is alll about for me!!

but i voted yes because i can acknowledge such implimentations will further solidify EL's own identity and probably draw more wondeful players.

hanover triggered some thoughts on new skills posted here:

Thoughts of a Woodland Elf

Edited by pennifuin

i votd yes it was sooooooooooo fun running from the portland gob. twas a sad day when he ignored me lol..not

i think this is a great idea when will be put into effect :confused:

If this has to happen then please...

A, lower the cost of MM

B, refund the PP difference between the old and new cost to people who currently have MM.

I'm not a whiner / bitcher or whatever, but is this a (MMO)RPG or an online fighting game?

I keep seeing things like "tell us ideas for new skills cause we cannot think of anything else but things that improve fighting". There is work to do with summoning, and crafting just seems silly to me now. New skills do not seem nessessary to me at the moment, but they would be cool. Why let this game revolve around att/def so much?

I wear an MM-cape because sometimes I don't want a rush, and I'm an RP-er, not a fighter. I do like to work on some fighting-levels sometimes ONLY to get a certain level so that I don't need the MM-cape and I can wear my Excavator-cape instead.

When I want a rush, I can get a rush quite easily. I don't want to get a rush all the time, that would kill my heart (and my gameplay, for that matter).

Fighting is a part of RP-ing. Please don't make RP-ing a part of fighting...

[edit]stupid grammar...[/edit]

Edited by Cormaher

I'm not a fighter, I'm a item maker. Not everyone is all gung-ho about fighting: isn't EL supposed to be about balancing your skills rather than playing a game of cat and mouse with monsters? If there are people who love to fight, that's what PK maps are for, or training in expectation of fighting stronger monsters. To revolve my EL life around monsters is annoying when I'm trying to harvest stuff. My chara has the MM perk anyway, but I plan on making another one, and I don't want to deal with all this bodyguard nonsense. In short, I voted no.

:confused: I really wonder why people think Monster Magnetism wouldn't work with the idea originally presented here. Funny how things you say get distorted.

So, what if we placed aggressive monsters, on almost all maps...

I think people mistook the aggressive in the above sentance for the invasion type of aggressive (vs. the attack-if-you-don't-have-mm aggressive.

Edited by Dunian

:devlish: I really wonder why people think Monster Magnetism wouldn't work with the idea originally presented here. Funny how things you say get distorted.

I asked a few posts back, and never saw an answer, about this.

I kinda wondered what was the point of having these aggressive monsters if they don't ignore Monster Magnetism (basically, don't we already have this?)

Aggressive means simply that they can initiate combat-like monsters do. Well the idea is that not everyone has MM so people would still have to run from them. but anyway, this isn't going to be done. Some maps will always stay safe.

I really wonder why people think Monster Magnetism wouldn't work with the idea originally presented here. Funny how things you say get distorted.

No that's not it (it always seems so, but sometimes that's just not it!)

My point with the capes just could be that I don't want to wear my MM all the time. When I'm in VotD I want to wear my Excavator-cloak, and just harvest my Lilacs and Red Snapdragons. The only risk I take then is Mother Nature and some bees. I don't want to choose between wearing MM and harvesting slower or wearing Exc and loose it by one mighty blow of a garg.

Point clear?

No, because I never said there would be HIGH lvl monsters in medium or low leveled maps. You would never see a garg or orc or ogre, etc, running around votd. The only exception is the gargs in ws at night.

for a map like votd you'd only see low to low-medium lvl creature, because that's the type of map it is.

Guest Enyo

I voted "yes" .. Knights Online also does this with NPC and such and I love it.. it will bring more excitement to the game. I do think the MM perk sucks for several reasons but one of the main reasons it suck is because less people want to buy the MM cloak which I love. We have disengagement rings so one can disengage from combat. One could still choose to wear one cloak in lieu of the MM and use a disengagement ring if needed. Besides, no one wants a nice, comfy safe world if they are role playing in Medieval times.

Edited by Enyo

No, because I never said there would be HIGH lvl monsters in medium or low leveled maps. You would never see a garg or orc or ogre, etc, running around votd. The only exception is the gargs in ws at night.

allright, then this is just another way to make harvesting harder (getting disturbed by imps or such). Suits me, but I fear for n00bs.

I still think this is a bad idea, but not as bad as I thought it would turn out. I can't wait for more diversity in the game (new, lower level monster would be great) but I fear for a more combat orientated game. Just my two goldcrowns.