Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dark_Nightmare

The Jewel Monkeys of Kusamura

Bethurc decided not to try anything that might indanger him. They are very mysterious and powerful, certainly not from around here... .He should try to join them. After a run of bad luck and bad bussness he had to go down to lowdown ways." Well" he said. " I have had a run of bad luck lately. I am sorry for trying to trick you but here we will do anything to survive. If you wish i could join you to try to redeam myself, for i am the only one in my family who would have done such a thing. I am at your mercy...."

Edited by sparhawk

Brom was slightly taken aback. This fellow, who Brom thought was a cutpurse, just put himself at his mercy. Brom had not spun a tale yet, but this young man was already giving up? Strange folk in these parts. "What is your name then youngin? we may have use for you yet." Looking around the room Brom relised he once again had spoken too much, eyes shot toward him, begging him to answer questions such as "who are we" what "what use". Looking up at the barkeep and thinking quickly he orders the young man a drink before the young man had time to answer.

After hurrying to get a drink with the old man Bethurc talked to him in a hushed voice." My name is Bethurc, i come from a noble family that came here. But they made many enemies, one of them killed my whole family and i am the only one who I know to be alive. I keep my thoughts dark and my intentions basic just in case they have magic wielders among them." He took anouther drink." I see you guys as a ticket out of here and a way to do some good in this world. Also i need a change in life, from doing nothing to doing a quest. I will repent my dark ways which have just been a protection for me. I would be glad to help your troup in succeding your quest. That is my story, do with it as you will"

Shdaowbane silently thought to himself: "I hope they don't mess this up, those Monkeys may be the only way to cure them..." There was a solemn, sad look in his eyes, a moment of sorrow and sencerity that was not common among Shadowbane's nature.

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

Dunian sent a mental message to Brom, "Enjoy your history Brom, and keep an eye on that Bethurc fellow, he had a dagger under his cloak when he first adressed you. Anyways, I'm going to follow our host, and find out what is going on. Wish me luck."

He left the tavern and followed Shadowbane's tracks in the snow as silently as a wraith; just out of sight and hearing, but still sure of the trail.

Shadowbane cleared his mind of the cloud of emotions, and then sensed Dunian. "D*** that fool! He was to watch the group! Grrrr... It is hard to trust one in these times..." He muttered under his breath. He continued on, angry, hoping Dunian won't interfere.

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

Shadowbane cleared his mind of the cloud of emotions, and then sensed Dunian. "D*** that fool! He was to watch the group! Grrrr... It is hard to trust one in these times..." He muttered under his breath. He continued on, angry, hoping Dunian won't interfere.

((If I remember correctly, you asked Brom to watch us, and then he tried to pass it on to me. Oh well))

Dunian followed Shadowbane through the caves, he remembered only too late that they were forbidden.

Kendai frowned slightly, watching Dunian leave. I hope he knows what he's doing... she thought to herself. She continued watching the beggar closely, their voices too low for her to catch their conversation. Was this friend or foe?

LadyWolf sits sleeping in the portals room, still unsure where to go from here. She awakes suddenly, cold and stiff. She closes her eyes again and channels out to Brom. " Did you forget about me old friend?"

((OOC..Somebody get me outta this stupid portals room ;)))

((I'll just jump in real fast to get ladywolf out of the portal room))

Sora was left standing on an uncharted islan on Irillion. He was still stuck there after the expedition, and he hadn't had food in a while.

"Ok, now i'll get it right this time," he said. "I'm going to summon a large bag of Frito's and a Coke..," he kept mumbleing to him self.

This was foolish of them because he only had level 2 summoning.

"Allakazamzers!," he scrame. A blinding light flashed the island and Sora failed to summon what he wanted. He was left with a slim, young dragonie in front of him, and she looked pissed.

"MERPS!," the young humkey scrame as he ran for cover....

((you can finish the rest ladywolf :lol:))

"Ok, We will test your loyalty, Dunian told me, we are supposed to go get our friend Ladywolf and bring her back here safely. I do not know this island as well as I would like to. But Ladywolf tells me she is quite bored and is going to jump into one of those portals unless we are on our way soon. I am not very strong in magic so I cannot teleport to the room myself, Dunian could have but he has left. So! I ask you Bethurc. Where is the spawn location for the portals room. So that we can be close or there when we tell her to walk out? My next task with you Bethurc, and hopefully a few others is to save Ladywolf." Eyeing Kendai and her formidable form, he said "Who is with me?"

Kendai set her mug down, standing up to her full height. "I'm coming, I'm coming." She smirked, picking up her things off the floor. She nodded in acknowledgement at Bethurc, towering over the human.

(OOC- hope you're human... :blink:)

Sora finally relizes running is useless because the island is only like, 10 feet long. He then approches the slightly started LadyWolf.

"Hm.....I wonder if she is really there," The humkey says.

Sora then starts to repeatidly poke Ladywolf with his tail.

((Your stuck with me now unless you do somthing Ladywolf :blink:))

Startled, LadyWolf jumps to her feet swinging her staff around, connecting blindly with the young humkey. Seeing who it is she stands over Sora (who has a nice lump forming on the side of his head.) baring her teeth in a half snarl/half smirk.

LadyWolf growls low in her chest, glaring down at Sora, still unnerved at her sudden appearance here. "I'm going back to the portals room so that Brom and the others know where to find me." she snaps, and with that she reached in her pouch and pulled out a few essences and cast teleport to portals room once more.

Arriving back in the portals room she glances around and sees the strange, yet now familiar surroundings she has become accustomed to. I'll just sit here for a bit longer, surely someone is going to get me out of here, she thinks. If not I'll just choose a portal and hope for the best.

((OOC..There, I did something Sora))

Edited by LadyWolf

Shadowbane and Dunian froze as a strange wind blew all of a sudden, and there were voices and howling and explosions. He lsitened closely with his Draegoni ears, and then realised who was behind the voices. There was a final howl of revenge and a come-back, a burst of light, another strange wind, and then all was silent. He strode off towards the Royal Throneroom of the Draegoni. (Can't say no more, or SistaMa' and Hyperion are gonna sue.)

Bethurc nodded slowly and said"I will do it. I have often travelled the land to escape foes and sometimes angry women. I know the way easily. Anyone who wishes to come follow me". Bethurc gave the barmaid coins and then marched out of the door.Too crowded and too many ears in there As he waited out side the door for the others he took a deep breath of the fresh air and said to himself. This is a new beginning, after this I will avenge my family. No more hiding or being cowardly again....

(( Yes I an human Kendia)

Edited by sparhawk

LadyWolf sits impatiently in the portals room looking between the portals available to her. "That's it, I'll just get myself outta here" , and with that she chose a portal and and took a run at it.

When she came out on the other side, she was greeted by an artic chimeran wolf just out of atacking distance. LadyWolf gulped and turned and ran in the opposite direction. She rounded a corner still looking behind her to make sure the chim wasn't chasing her, when suddenly it felt like she hit a brick wall and with a grunt she was tumbling to the ground. She heard a grunt from whoever, whatever she ran into. She shook her head to clear her vision and looked down and saw that she was face to face with Brom. Altho she rather enjoyed Brom's company, and it was rather cozy, she knew if they didn't move the chimmy was gonna have them for a midnight snack.

LadyWolf jumped to her feet and offered a hand down to Brom, who looked back at her puzzled. "Run...now...chim!" she heard from her left. She looked over and saw some little greasy guy she didn't know and Kendai.

LW looked back and saw the chim standing 10 feet behind them.....

((OOC..Sorry I got teh bored just sitting there ;)))

Edited by LadyWolf

Dunian followed the tracks of Shadowbane around a corner... then they dissappeared! He searched farther up, but to no avail. Then something caught his eye...

Bethurc had just gotten outside with Brom and Kendai when a figure hurtled past him and into the old dragonie. Bethurc pulled out a long knife but when he saw that she was not foe he put it away. Amused he turns around and is amazed by the sight of the artic chimmie. Throwing a knife at it, he then dives into the open door.

((Ha Ha, perfect, I was hoping someone would take control while I was gone. :P Wisdom teeth just came out you see. And Im still on medicine so this may be a little off :P))

Brom Kendai and Bethurc had just set out to the spawn location when Ladywolf ran around a grouping of trees and slammed into him yelling "Chim!" Lovely, they all ran and jumped inside of the building, which usually foiled Chimera for a while. Everyone crowded inside of the small tavern in fear. Chimera usually stay outside of towns and keep to themselves..unless they see a creature they want to kill, which happens all the time.

"Ok folks, right outside this door is the second most cruel and evil creature on the face of Draia that I have ever run into. I have never killed one, last time I saw one I was heading to the safety of the Draegoni caverns, but this one must be killed and let respawn so that these townsfolk will be ok. The best fighters we have are Kendai and Ladywolf, I can assist with my knowledge of Chimera and a little magic. Here is how we will defeat him. Pausing for a moment he said. "Hi, and welcome back Ladywolf." Then he rushed on with:

"Chimera only have a few weaknesses, and those weaknesses are not really weak. They can get confuzed easily if too many people come accross them at once, so we will all attack at the same time. Also, Chimeras are very weak to magic. Harming a Chimera will cause it to be very angry and attack you with furiousity, but if he is being attacked physically and with magic he will be even more confuzed and likly make a mistake. I will be a physical distraction but cannot do enough physical damage to make a difference, For that I will require you three. Are any of you gifted with magic enough to cause significant damage with Harm or a like spell?" Brom continues without waiting for a response. "Either way the overall plan is to overwhelm this Chimera with physical and magical damage so he will make a physical mistake, Then I hope that one of you can give a death-blow to this beast, Give it your all if you have it to give, this is a matter of life or death."

"Prepare yourselves and ask any questions now, If you do not feel this is right either run away or say something now"

Brom pulled a chair around and sat on it, bringing out essense and potions, preparing for the magic he needed to do. "Darn, we could use Dunian right now!"

"Ladywolf, remember what I taught you about mental invasion? We need this Chimera distracted in all ways possible, so if you would also invade this Chimeras mind with your own it would help us live. Throw memories at him, the mind of a Chimera might be different from ours, Ive never felt one, but any mind must process information such as strong memories thrown at it. I will be doing the same."

Kendai carefully walked over to the window and looked out. "Brom, there is a little girl and boy playing down the street! The Chimera is just strolling toward them!"

"HURRY! We must go now!" Brom said in a loud voice so that the chimera would become distracted from the children. Running to the door he flung it open and charged outside, looking left to where a Chimera was turning to face him. Several steps sideways to leave room for the rest to rush out of the tavern into the face of this cruel winter creature.

Edited by Brom