Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Apple_Pie

Where are the invasions?

bleh. I think I've only been online for 1-2 on main server. and I'm usually on around 12 hours a day... not enough devs doing them spread over the 24-hour day! grr! and stuffs

oh, and devs ae probably busy testing and all with the update, hence why there's not a lot of invasions

The people who can run the invasions have been busy with fixing update bugs, which is the first priority. Contests and invasions are a bit down the list. Last night's invasion was the first since we updated. They will be more spread out once we are all settled and stable again.

The people who can run the invasions have been busy with fixing update bugs, which is the first priority.  Contests and invasions are a bit down the list.  Last night's invasion was the first since we updated.  They will be more spread out once we are all settled and stable again.

198191[/snapback]

Can we expect invasions like the one before update?

I mean with monsters attacking in different locations?

the one last night had only gargs gobs and trolls!

oh yes 2 fluffs 2 chims

it was to easy for the numbers we came in

Yea..at the end there were like 100 large gargs, but when you have 60/60 a/d people in the area i barely noticed 10 small gargs disappearing. deffidently more of everything. also its good when you spread out the a/ds, so everyone can have fun. a lot of them have been like only ogres and stuff which isn't fun for low a/d people

Yes, invasions will be both for high level and low level, we will spread the wealth so everybody gets a chance. Just give us a chance to get everything settled in with the update, and we will start those up again on a regular basis. Also more people can now do them, so that will also help both with the frequency and time zones.

Next time there is an invasion try to be more specific about the monsters "pirates" could be anything. Its lucky that I'm lucky because it would have taken me a looonggg time to deal witht he losses I experienced.

The one last night was merely a taster, and to give some fun to you guys.

There willbe more, but please be patient :-)

198350[/snapback]

You will be my slave Placid :mace:

And yes there will be plenty of Invasions, don't worry about that, I'll make sure of it :P

We had one this weekend. :evilgrin: An army of gargoyles goblins and who knows what all charged in on Portland. It was quite an experience!

I do not think we will be posting when they will happen so that you can be on, because if we do post when. EL will be swamped and invasions are not nearly as fun when 100 players are running around. Or, to better word it. It is no fun when the small low-level monsters are killed instantly by the powergammers that are there, while when the larger monsters appear the younger die and the older have the same effect. I am personally trying to think of a good solution to this. Perhaps more to come on this topic in the future. :icon13:

Can we expect invasions like the one before update?

I mean with monsters attacking in different locations?

the one last night had only gargs gobs and trolls!

oh yes 2 fluffs 2 chims

it was to easy for the numbers we came in

We tried with that one to make it a mid-level invasion. Because we want most people to be able to help. Not just the high-level players who will incinerate an army of Gargs in a few blows. I think in the future we will try to explain more where different levels of fighters are needed. Its a problem in invasions where the low-level monsters are killed instantly by the high-levels. and the high-level monsters are killing the low-level players.

Did you like my portland invasion? I wrote it, but it was modified for the response we got. It was originally built for low-mid level players with a few strong players for the Chimera and Fluffy.

Did you like my portland invasion?

198545[/snapback]

I did, but there were WAY to many advanced players killing the gobs/gargs/whatever. I gave up and headed for the TI mine to harvest/hide and ran into a bunch of Trolls. :) This is where I learned that MM doesn't protect you in an invasion. I thought I was dead-meat, but I survived the first one. So I killed a few more until I ran out of BRs, and then went into the cave to hide.

Good job :) It is difficult to get players organized into fighting forces. High-levels here, newbies over here. But I think if we open up a channel and Force Roleplaying only on it, It will be much easier to understand. Perhaps we can organize ourselves into different troops. Three main groups. High - Mid - Low and have commanders for each. This way we can get the best invasion experience. Im still pondering this plan. Perhaps in the next invasion we can work on it.

I think he was gone for a while, and asking more of a "what are invasions" type of thing

If this is your question, moderators can #invade any number of monsters or animals at a specific place. Their name is in Red, and animals and monsters, whether or not you have the monster magnetism cloak or perk, will attack you. There is also usually a small role playing part to this.

Ex. #Message from Placid: Gargoyles are invading Portland from White Stone City, come defend the city!!!