Eternal Lands Official Forums
mihaim

The following players were banned for 1 week

The folowing players are locked/banned from EL for a week starting today 6 sept 2005:

FRoGkiLL , Doctor , Barnak , chicKengeorge , Solos , Logiscom , Shivar and Smooms

for breaking the following rules:

1. Use Appropriate language.

2. No Harassment.

3. Respect Others.

7. No Impersonations.

24. Don’t be a troublemaker.

25. Moderation is never a topic for public discussion.

Before they will be unlocked / unbanned they are requested:

- to appology publicly to the persons they offended (to Enyo, to Learner, to Rogue )

- to publicly promise not to do it again

Once the ban period is over they will be on probation for another 6 months. In the probation time any rules breaking will lead to character loose.

The ban woun't be lifted on 13th if they fail to comply to the requested things.

This players are not allowed to use any other characters during the ban period

( see rule 23 from http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14582 )

The measures taken were aproved by Entropy prior to application.

Regards,

EL Moderation Team

Ok i know now what i done, barnak didnt do anything duno who dun wat.

But why do we get banned its not anything to do with EL :glare:

Edited by FRoGkiLL

OMFG, Enyo please tell Rogue me and shivar didnt do anything.

And barnak just went there to LISTEN.

Edited by Mr.sMooMs

Shivar DID post something but it wasnt bad and Enyo forgive him,

And i didnt post, so we are not supose to be banned.

if this is about Enyo's site

what has that to do with EL?

if they did anything bad, ban them of that site and not on EL.. :icon4:

193687[/snapback]

This is regarding the increasing bad behaviour that you guys have instilled around EL. Some members from your guild have been behaving quite badly, and this is the result. This is not necessarily regarding the incident on those forums, but punishments for bad behaviour and breaking the IN-GAME rules.

i dont see myself there at those who are banned...

so its NOT MY thing, i didnt do anything wrong here

i just wanna discuss it, becuz i think it isnt fair and theyre my guildmates

193692[/snapback]

Read the bans forum rules please:

Posting in Bans:

1. Bans is to be used for the moderator who did the banning and for the person banned ONLY to post on their own behalf.

2. An exception will be made IF a third party has relevant information/proof.

3. All other posts by uninvolved third parties will be removed.

Please only make ONE post here if you were banned. Multiple posts will be deleted and decrease the chance of you getting unbanned!

Please have patience until an admin gets to your post! We are busy people have real jobs and real lives too!

Before you bombard us with all your rules, read my apoligy

193697[/snapback]

Be very careful here, your treading on thin ice and are lucky to be in the situation you are. You could have just been banned outright.

:icon4: wasn't beeing cheeky, dude i appoligized in a seperate topic cant u appreciate it?

193701[/snapback]

Yes I can, but the way you said it was abrupt, rude and quite out of context with current discussion on this topic.

This is regarding the increasing bad behaviour that you guys have instilled around EL. Some members from your guild have been behaving quite badly, and this is the result. This is not necessarily regarding the incident on those forums, but punishments for bad behaviour and breaking the IN-GAME rules.

193688[/snapback]

Hmm? Logiscom did nothing apart from post on that forum. sMooMs didnt even post on the forums.

Hmm? Logiscom did nothing apart from post on that forum. sMooMs didnt even post on the forums.

193721[/snapback]

Like I said in your quote, this isn't abotu that.

1. Use Appropriate language.

2. No Harassment.

3. Respect Others.

7. No Impersonations.

24. Don’t be a troublemaker.

25. Moderation is never a topic for public discussion.

Hmm, Enyo and me talked about this already, i told her i didnt did anything bad to her on her site, i didnt curse her,but i impersonated ZeD and akbucuy, i apoligized to her she accepted..so whats the problem here? i didnt impersonate Rogue or Learner.. so i dont see any reason why i should apoligize to them ? ..unless u tell me why i should appoligize ? cuz i got no clue

and last, smooms didnt do anything..just lock my char and Un-IP ban ? ..i cant play ona diff char as shivar anyways, so i wont be online to by pass the rule...

again enyo im sorry i wont spamm ur non_EL_rated_guest_book again

cu in a week (if i wil be unbanned)

Edited by Shivar

193721[/snapback]

Neither did i..can we know why we r banned ?

Where is your proof that Logiscom and sMooMs have broken IN-GAME rules then Placid???

193733[/snapback]

Proof doesn't need to be posted here considering the information provided to Entropy was more then enough for him to place this punishment. Entropy is the one that decided that everyone get that punishment and I'm surprised that that several people didn't get an outright ban because of their past history.

Also, slander against anyone or anything is illegal in many places, and how those posts were done were slanderous to EL and to the people they were impersonating as well, not just Enyo! I'd have banned you all!

sMooMs didnt do anything wrong... it was me ok ?

why ban him ?

and you dont have to proof anything because you CANT , he did do nothing

Ok i know now what i done, barnak didnt do anything duno who dun wat.

But why do we get banned its not anything to do with EL  :glare:

193684[/snapback]

well......as one who was impersonated, I would like to add to this thread. I ask the Mods to leave it here please.

It was you who took EL to another site...it was you who freely decided to

have a "cheap" laugh at others expense. Whichever one of you choose

to impersonate me....is your business.

I saw the postings......and well....you have been treated fairly

some might even say too fairly.

All you have shown is that you treat others in a shabby and shoody fashion

and boys you are pathetic....lololol.

It is again obvious...that like me.....EL means something to you...enough for you to post to get reinstated.......just ask yourself this"is having a laugh worth it"???? especially as having the last laugh is what counts.

Guest Enyo

First of all,

I want to thank the mod/dev team for doing what is right.. and also entropy..

second of all, my radio site is about the artists.. musicians.. not EL.. however, these people brought EL to my site with their EXTREME language, abuse, harassment, filth, impersonations of not only Rogue and Learner but of other EL players, as well.. this went entirely too far.. and I'm beyond shocked!! They used EL to harass me and others via my site intended for artists. they not only defaced my site with 6 pages of garbage and spam but defaced and shamed EL and the name of eternal lands..i don't even know half of the people who did it and can't imagine why they did it..

yes, shivar we spoke and i do forgive you of course but i'm still shocked that you posted at all.. after all i've done to try to help you and support you since you came back from being banned so this kinda hurts a little but i'll get over it. thank you at least for being honest.. i appreciate that.. cg on the other hand tried to put the blame on everyone else and doctor admits to nothing yet brags to others.. frogkill doesn't seem to be sincere at all and i don't know what he and the others have against me other than cg hating me .. i don't even know barnak but thank you for your sincere apology.. logiscom, i didn't expect this of you either.. but i know you're not a bad guy..i'm sure none of you are really bad..but you all went too far..all of this because of what?? guild wars, enemies in a role playing game?

One post actually said my daughter was raped and I am a pedophile.. called me all kind of vulgar and sexual names..let me tell you something.. my daughter who lives in America called me about that.. and you should see the emails i've recieved from concerned musician friends and promoters..

this is too much!! you guys got off easy so stop whining about your little slap on the hand.. what you did was illegal and if i were mean, i could have taken it further.. reported you all to your isp, etc..what you did was also against the law and i could have spoken to my lawyer but i didn't becuase most of you are kids and i just happen to care about kids..

but take some smeging responsibility and stop blaming anyone else other than who you see in the mirror each morning..

do i forgive you? yes, i've already forgiven some.. but i'm not the only one who deserve an apology here.. the entire community of EL deserves one.. there was even posts in the name of Rogue, Learner, sweetthang, cernunnos, vampireloren, donpedro, _zed_ tidus, smooms and so many others......why should all who post apologize even if the offensive post wasn't yours? first of all, ALL the posts were offensive.. secondly, you all posted together in a little posting frenza party and i'm quiet sure you were all laughing about it together..so you are all guilty together.. it's not important WHO posted what.. but you did it together as a team..so you are also responsible as a team.. a whole..

what i would like to see here is some real remorse.. EL is a great community.. this is a real community.. let's stop this abuse of one another.. i'm also tired to hear some of you say the mods are out to get me, bla bla bla.. NO they are not!!!! they are just tired of the smeg and are tired of babysitting and just want to enjoy the game like everyone else.

finally, to the mods/devs and entropy and roja.. i'm so very sorry that this even happened.. i wonder if the right thing was to complain.. i've complained allot since i've been here about harassment by usually the same few players.. but this is depressing and it makes me very sad for EL.. i don't ever want to see this happen again to anyone.. as for me, i seriously doubt i will ever complain about anything again just because i feel so bad for the mods and to entropy and roja to deal with this crap.. and i no longer wish to contribute to it in anyway..

do i forgive you? do you want to be forgiven? i forgive all who want it because it's in my nature.

let's just have fun and enjoy this game and not ever take it this serious again.. we can pk each other and have our guild wars, etc.. but not to the point of harassment, stalking, impersonation and abuse..and even taking it a step further outside the boundaries of EL..

edit: PS i'm also sorry to anyone that i've ever offended in this game but things should not ever escalate to the point of harassment and abuse because we are all human and will offend each other and we can't all possibly get along in the first place but that doesn't mean we have to abuse and harass each other.

Edited by Enyo

just a few words,

1) What was done is against the internationnal law of internet :

- Some of who post in the Enyo website can incure 2 years in jailhouse and something like 50 000€ in payment to the proprietor of the website.

- In this problem not only who posted can have problem, some post was made in the name of eternal lands, I let you imagine what can hapenned at the owner.

- be a kid like some said don't mean you are safe with the law, punishement just can be give at your parents.

- this low is internationnal, that mean it don't care of the country where it was done.

2) We have all the chance play a wonderfull game which is totaly FREE. I don't see any reason to make problems to the owner. Why not spend time to help them rather than make those sort of problem. If you dislike someone keep it in EL without broke rule.

P.S. : Internet and law is a part of my job, all i said is real, I checked before.

I have nothing else to add, my english may be difficult to understand if anyone have a problem just pm me using forum pm. I don't know who post what and don't care just wanted give informations about what was done for the low.

really sad,

Shenriss

Can i get an appology as well.....from whichever jackass made a post under my name commenting something about "molest children" or some such crap :P

Edit: incase some are a bit thick in the head area i am Cernunnos..

Edited by GreenGanjaKing