Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Learner

When Ants Go Bad!

ants....everywhere.........run..........or die........

There are 100 ants, and I actually had them all running at once, but 20-30 of them hadn't made it to that map yet. I normally run 10-20 at a time (10 currently until I convince them to wander on more maps)

Guest Enyo

hey.. there i am in the pic...covered in ants.. yikes, they gave me the hives..seriously speaking learner.. you are absolutely brilliant.. let me tell you something funny about this pic.. i was there to get fruit and then all these ants appeared.. i was about to #abuse because i had NO idea what was going on, lol. anyway, that was fun.. :)

Guest Enyo
I was warning everyone before I did it, but you showed up at just the wrong time.

166943[/snapback]

it's ok. it was allot of fun.. i loved it, lol.. just didn't know what was going on at first, lol.. i thought that the ants were having babies or something..

...the end is coming... :)

i thought that the ants were having babies or something..

166948[/snapback]

If I ever see an Ant give birth, I will gouge my eyes out. Please don't program this!! :lol:

Obviously this is what happens when you leave fruit out in the open for too long...

-Lyn-

just wait and see..

EL will soon be crawling with these Ants and will take over the whole of EL.

Run,

run like you have never ran in ur entire life...

run now before it is too late...

the end is near...

before u know it

the ants will kill us all

only time will tell...

:P:ph34r::)

-kat

Learner you truely are a genious!!

How did you get them all in one place?

I was also wondering if they were on a mutiple combat map would they be able to over power just about anyone? (If all 100 were present?)

One other cool idea is to get them their own secret cave for the anthill that is a PK map! I would be willing to donate for something like that!

Oh!! It would be really cool if the cave was underground and mapped out like a forreal anthill!!

Also every few months you can change the location. Can you imagine just walking around a random map and poof! you fall into the PK anthill!! That would be sooo awesome!!

JaneMuffin

I got them all there by forcing a strong desire to go to the anthill on every ant while I brough groups of ants online so they could be tagged as bots. Then finally I told the ant server to start all 100 ants will that same command. After I was done with the photo shoot, I removed the two lines of coded I added.

Not a bad idea for making a hidden cave for the Anthill. But if that was to happen the ants would rarely be in there once its location is known ... for some 'unknown' reason the ants have problems staying on PK maps.

Toomass, do you know anything about why Ant_5 left KF earlier today?

When I read about the Ants on the Forums, I rather expected them to look like giant ants... Maybe this could be slotted into the next update? <_<

Won't happen unless Roja has decides to make a model and has enough time. Not sure how much bribery it would take to convince her, feel free to make her an offer if you want!

Not a bad idea for making a hidden cave for the Anthill. But if that was to happen the ants would rarely be in there once its location is known ... for some 'unknown' reason the ants have problems staying on PK maps.

167153[/snapback]

Would it be hard to change the maps location as soon as it became well known?

I am thinking it might be alot of work but I figure it take at least a month for evryoen to know about a secret cave, so an update every month or so would be needed. Is that alot of work? (I dont know anything about adding maps to the game.)

JaneMuffin