Eternal Lands Official Forums
Mireille

Eu Constitution

Do you support the current project of the constitution for Europe?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the current project of the constitution for Europe?

• Yes
    • No

Yes and no.

If the UK joined, we'd probably gain software patents.

If we don't join, our allie status with the US will strengthen, and we'll be the 51st state for real - I don't want Mr Bush running our country.

Yes and no.

If the UK joined, we'd probably gain software patents.

If we don't join, our allie status with the US will strengthen, and we'll be the 51st state for real - I don't want Mr Bush running our country.

This I dont understand, people are assuming that bush is no better than dictator with his ideals, yet if you really look into his governent policy, you will see he goes above and beyond just to AVOID that image. And the fact that he removed Saddam from power and gave Iraq freedom means nothing does it? I suppose you will bring up; BUT WAR IS HORRIBLE INNOCENT PEOPLE DIE! Btw, how many did Saddam kill before we removed him and how many might he have continued to kill?

As far as expanding our land, Bush has no such plans. If ANY country becomes a state it will be puerto rico, simply because of tis proximity and military usefullness, Bush knows better than to bite off more than he can chew, and I dont care what you say, the man knows what he is doing.

-stong bush supporter out.

I don't believe in states, nations or unions of those two. BUT I can see the advantages of the EU constitution. Democracy will be strengthend and the barriers between the states will fall even more.

I hope the french will vote for the EU constitution. Personally I think the UK should decide wether they wanna be part of the EU or not.

I live next to the german and swiss border (switzerland is not in the EU yes but joins the Schengen convention) and not far away from the Italian border. I think it's great that there are no borders between these countries, it's just like going to some austrian place and the region here really grows together. The Euro is another great thing. I had to carry three currencies with me all the time, which sucks hard. I was very sceptic at first, but the advantages outweight everything.

I want this Union to become more democratic and with less barriers inside, that's why I would vote for the constitution (in Austria the parliament decides anyways).

The project of a constitution for Europe is great and will get my full support. We need a constitution, but not this one. The french are my last hope, to decline it. We germans do not have this possibility, and it seems that no one really know what this constitution will mean for us.

1) privatization of public utility providers

As seen in a lot of asian and south-amarican states it will raise the prices and lower the quality of support. (In Paris the prices for water raised afaik for 300%, and failures in the water supply)

Remember the power blackout in the USA ;-)

2) complete liberalization of the market

3) non-social market economy

Freedom for the economy is a main topic, but not the social standards for the employees, they are even not really mentioned. A question occures for me:

- Is the economy something we humans need to exist, or are we only the human ressource to be slave-driven by the economy?

4) Obligation to boost the military investements

The constitutions says something like "the armed forces must constantly get improved". Never read something like this in any constitution - in our actual situation this is - imho - the completly wrong way.

Us Brits need to make up our minds wether we are in or out of Europe, sure there is pros and cons for both sides of the arguement but this half hearted approach is damaging for all.

Personally i'm all for a United States of Europe we need another super power to balance things out in the world, plus Britain has far more in common culturly and historicaly wise with Europe.

P.S make your vote count on the 5th May and vote Liberal Democrats, out with Tony Blair :P

This I dont understand, people are assuming that bush is no better than dictator with his ideals, yet if you really look into his governent policy, you will see he goes above and beyond just to AVOID that image. And the fact that he removed Saddam from power and gave Iraq freedom means nothing does it? I suppose you will bring up; BUT WAR IS HORRIBLE INNOCENT PEOPLE DIE! Btw, how many did Saddam kill before we removed him and how many might he have continued to kill?

As far as expanding our land, Bush has no such plans. If ANY country becomes a state it will be puerto rico, simply because of tis proximity and military usefullness, Bush knows better than to bite off more than he can chew, and I dont care what you say, the man knows what he is doing.

-stong bush supporter out.

157511[/snapback]

LMAO, he knows what he's doing? :P

How about I don't want to look into his political manifesto's? Why? Because the guy is thick as shit, and its embarassing.

Iraq war? Sure, war is nasty, but thats not my point: There was absolutely no reasoning behind his war ideals apart from his father saying "Finish the west off sonny!".

Freedom to Iraq? HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING THE NEWS??? People are STILL dieing. People are STILL getting mamed, yet you say they are 'liberated'!!! I reckon if Sadam was still in power, his 'death toll' would equal the amount of kills through US friendly fire or lack of usefullness in protecting INNOCENT people.

Jeeze, open your eyes damnit.

hello politic players.

any one want to talk about politics ?

158125[/snapback]

I sometimes do. Do you have a problem with that?

LMAO, he knows what he's doing? 

How about I don't want to look into his political manifesto's? Why? Because the guy is thick as shit, and its embarassing.

Iraq war? Sure, war is nasty, but thats not my point: There was absolutely no reasoning behind his war ideals apart from his father saying "Finish the west off sonny!".

Freedom to Iraq? HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING THE NEWS??? People are STILL dieing. People are STILL getting mamed, yet you say they are 'liberated'!!! I reckon if Sadam was still in power, his 'death toll' would equal the amount of kills through US friendly fire or lack of usefullness in protecting INNOCENT people.

Jeeze, open your eyes damnit.

Oh boy here we go. *takes deep breath*

There was reasoning, Bush is trying to cut out the worlds major terror orginizations, and Saddam funds a great deal of them (or rather he did), it's not about "finishing daddies business" because if you weren't so thickheaded yourself, you would remember that Bush Sr. had no plans of invading Iraq and capturing Saddam, he simply wanted Iraq out of Iran, because Iran controls most of our oil imports. Oh and btw, these so called "innocents" that are dying, why dont you pay more attention the next time you watch the news, they are being killed by OTHER IRAQI'S, this war has the lowest civillian casualty rate of any of our wars (less than 10%!!!). If the extremesists would stop bombing our troops, shooting at them in the streets etc, then civilian casualties would be virtually non-existant. Im not a retard , I do my research so open YOUR eyes.

Let's leave Bush's policy and related politics out of it.. it's a neverending discussion that results in closed threads.

Could someone explain to me what this Eu Constitution is?

Hmm, common currency, easy-to-cross borders, unified military...

Sounds like the Europeans thinking "ahead" are coming to the same conclusion we "stupid Americans" did 100-200 years ago...

BTW, many of our individual states started as independent nations too.

So, if Europe is coming to the same point 13 colonies in America did 200+ years ago, WE'RE the stupid ones?

Hmm, common currency, easy-to-cross borders, unified military...

Sounds like the Europeans thinking "ahead" are coming to the same conclusion we "stupid Americans" did 100-200 years ago...

BTW, many of our individual states started as independent nations too.

So, if Europe is coming to the same point 13 colonies in America did 200+ years ago, WE'RE the stupid ones?

158585[/snapback]

USA was founded by one nation, mainly the English, the rest came later. EU is 25 nations at least.

Oh boy here we go. *takes deep breath*

There was reasoning, Bush is trying to cut out the worlds major terror orginizations, and Saddam funds a great deal of them (or rather he did),

Nope, no proof found. Saddam imprisoned and executed religious fanatics.

it's not about "finishing daddies business" because if you weren't so thickheaded yourself, you would remember that Bush Sr. had no plans of invading Iraq and capturing Saddam, he simply wanted Iraq out of Iran, because Iran controls most of our oil imports.

Nope, wrong direction, it was Kuwait. The thingie with Iran was when US gave WMD's to Saddam, because he was fighting nasty Ayatollas. Thats the time from when the handshake picture with Saddam/Rumsfeld is.

Oh and btw, these so called "innocents" that are dying, why dont you pay more attention the next time you watch the news, they are being killed by OTHER IRAQI'S,

Nope, foreign extremists which entered Iraq AFTER the defeat of the Saddam regime. Zarkawi for example is from Jordan, others are/were from Saudi Arabia, Egypt and other contries.

this war has the lowest civillian casualty rate of any of our wars (less than 10%!!!). If the extremesists would stop bombing our troops, shooting at them in the streets etc, then civilian casualties would be virtually non-existant. Im not a retard , I do my research so open YOUR eyes.

158280[/snapback]

Get your facts right before posting..

And now back to topic please. :D

Piper

USA was founded by one nation, mainly the English, the rest came later. EU is 25 nations at least.

158587[/snapback]

Actually, the 13 "original colonies" were founded by several nationalities, but were all British by 1775. However, they effectively set themselves up as a loose confederation of 13 nations after that, until 1787.

Even with that, there's the Republic of Texas (left Mexico, independent for 9 years, joined USA) and Hawaii (pineapple kings, need I say more?), independent nations that chose to join the USA.

Actually, the 13 "original colonies" were founded by several nationalities, but were all British by 1775.  However, they effectively set themselves up as a loose confederation of 13 nations after that, until 1787.

Even with that, there's the Republic of Texas (left Mexico, independent for 9 years, joined USA) and Hawaii (pineapple kings, need I say more?), independent nations that chose to join the USA.

158906[/snapback]

Hawaii? "Do you want to be a part of a superpower, or you'd rather remain a backwater state no-one has heard of?" Come on... And somehow Puerto Ricans can't be forced to join that WASP federation of yours.

Hawaii? "Do you want to be a part of a superpower, or you'd rather remain a backwater state no-one has heard of?" Come on... And somehow Puerto Ricans can't be forced to join that WASP federation of yours.

158943[/snapback]

Yeah, and wouldn't ya know it, them Hawaiians were just happy being a backwater nothing nation, until them pineapple-selling Americans took 'em over, and joined the US...

I don't know about you, but I don't see anyone forcing anyone to join us - unless you can tell me we're actually trying to annex Iraq. How stupid that would be!

Simply put, you Europeans may look down on us Americans all you want, but anyone can see the EU as simply Europe trying to be after 1000's of years what we've been for 140 (gotta count that Civil War there...).

Yeah, and wouldn't ya know it, them Hawaiians were just happy being a backwater nothing nation, until them pineapple-selling Americans took 'em over, and joined the US...

I don't know about you, but I don't see anyone forcing anyone to join us - unless you can tell me we're actually trying to annex Iraq.  How stupid that would be!

Simply put, you Europeans may look down on us Americans all you want, but anyone can see the EU as simply Europe trying to be after 1000's of years what we've been for 140 (gotta count that Civil War there...).

158960[/snapback]

What?

Your just envious because your not European :( (j/k).

On a more serious note, I think your wrong. This isnt an attempt to be like America - he'll we'd go bomb South Africa if we wanted to be so unique.

Well whatever, Britain and France wont be joining the EU any time soon (thank god for the stiff upper lip and French independance)

158960[/snapback]

Europe has thousands of years of history and USA has to make up historic lies such as that idiotic films about that treasure of the templars to make themselves feel better. Besides, your tone clearly shows that you've got some inferiority complexes concerning Europe.

EU any time soon (thank god for the stiff upper lip and French independance)

158965[/snapback]

What history is it that you're writing, Placid? :(

Not history, but future :( :(

158974[/snapback]

Strange, I thought you said about UK and France joining the EU. The EU my country is in already has France and UK.

Strange, I thought you said about UK and France joining the EU. The EU my country is in already has France and UK.

158975[/snapback]

The EU and the Constitution are different IMO. Yes France and the UK are members, but they will not joing the Constitution