Eternal Lands Official Forums

Ok so i was thinking what if we had a major disaster happen? That would be awsome because lately it is hard to stay focused on just harvesting hunting etc (at least thats what everyone keeps saying). So I have some ideas to keep the game interesting.

1. A natural disaster (maybe an earthquake rips up some buildings somewhere or a tornado appears that sucks players up. :D

2. A goblin invasion! On a pk map or maybe a normal one, have goblins overrun the thing, only they are stonger than your average goblin and dont respawn, then it could be a status symbol to own some of their skin!

3. Unleash a murder bot, make him super stealthy and super quick, so that the person who finally catches him gets a big reward.

Just some ideas, I think we need some big event to happen so that people stay intrigued! :D

3. Unleash a murder bot, make him super stealthy and super quick, so that the person who finally catches him gets a big reward.

seems to futureistic. Maybe like a rogue but not a bot :D Rogues are stealthy and quick.

Edited by desil

The invasion thing is actually my idea, and I started to implement it but then I gave up the programming for EL, and it was never implemented so far. But it is on the todo list, so it will be implemented, eventually.

1 and 3 are a little but too drastical, many people would complain (and rightfully so).

Lol, i like 2 and 3.

Gobbies invading maps sounds nice.

And for #3, an assasin who kills every hour a player and then hides somewhere. Find and kill him to get some nice drops, that would be fun :(

Piper

I was going to suggest that mining could trigger monster invasions. I'm thinking more like folklore Kobolds and not Balrogs.

invasions could be neat, diff maps, diff invasions.

or "the pest" illness - dont know right english word for that

plague.

Illnesses would be cool in general.

Uh-oh...

/me's gotta go...

plague.

Illnesses would be cool in general.

Uh-oh...

/me's gotta go...

yay, plague would be neat.. and even nicer if it's contagious to other players and even monsters/animals.

also random chance to get tapeworms from certain types of foods... effect could be similar to power hungry perk, but cureable.

or "the pest" illness - dont know right english word for that

Yeah, the black death.

Lets get Satan infected for a test run :ph34r:

I was going to suggest that mining could trigger monster invasions. I'm thinking more like folklore Kobolds and not Balrogs.

Lol, that would be fun. Opening by accident a way to the home of the kobolds, gnomes or gobbies and 5 of them attack you :ph34r:

Piper

Monster invasion is an old idea, but I still like it.

As far as major disasters goes; they are difficult to implement and the 'after effects' would prolly take a new map to be implemented. Cp. Isla Prima after the natural disaster of winter.

However it is feasible, but I am not sure how useful it is part from the fact that you create a feeling of living in an ever changing world.

However it is feasible, but I am not sure how useful it is part from the fact that you create a feeling of living in an ever changing world.

I think that would be a very useful feeling :)

Have a nice day

Lachesis