Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
teranoz

Moving Items In The Quickbar

Most people have br or mr pots in the quickbar I guess.

Maybe it would be good to move items to the first slots if they get empty.

if a slot of the quickbar gets empty, move all items 1 slot higher, so the quickbar will allways be full (until inv. gets empty)

Very good suggestion.

So to say it would also be cool if the potions would stack in the shortcut bar, so that you only have to use one slot for one kind of pottion.

But i think it has been suggested before already - no idea what happened to it.

I think I don't like it when items in my inv get moved automagically.

At first, I thought that the filling of the quickbar slots should work just like the trade window slots - but stackable (*). But: you don't want yourself getting teleported to WSC because you have a ring in your inv after a bunch of br's...

• I think it would be nicest when the quickbar just uses the first row of slots as it does now, but indeed showing the whole stack for unstackable items. (So it stays controlable in which quickbar slots your items will be.)

• When consuming items like potions via the quickbar, it should start with the last one present in your inv, so the quickbar slot won't get empty until the last one (.. first one... only one left...) has been consumed.

(And yes, there were suggestions about this before... once...)

(*) That reminds me... can someone make the trade window ignore the non-stackable flag...

I think I don't like it when items in my inv get moved automagically.

At first, I thought that the filling of the quickbar slots should work just like the trade window slots - but stackable (*). But: you don't want yourself getting teleported to WSC because you have a ring in your inv after a bunch of br's...

• I think it would be nicest when the quickbar just uses the first row of slots as it does now, but indeed showing the whole stack for unstackable items. (So it stays controlable in which quickbar slots your items will be.)

• When consuming items like potions via the quickbar, it should start with the last one present in your inv, so the quickbar slot won't get empty until the last one (.. first one... only one left...) has been consumed.

(And yes, there were suggestions about this before... once...)

(*) That reminds me... can someone make the trade window ignore the non-stackable flag...

Actually, in correction, there was a PATCH already made for that...maybe we should add "check berlios.de before posting" :P

And, the original suggestion, I made a patch for that too...a hack, but it worked.

Yeah, read ALL the code from ALL patches b4 posting ?

So why was it rejected ?

Because, back when ent had tons of free time, server support was supposed to be added.

And, BTW, it is possible to just read the description of a patch.

...maybe we should add "check berlios.de before posting"  :P
Yep, that sure adds a nice dimension to suggesting stuff! :ph34r:

Ahwell, that leaves us with

:P

...maybe we should add "check berlios.de before posting"  :P
Yep, that sure adds a nice dimension to suggesting stuff! :ph34r:

Ahwell, that leaves us with

:P

Pretty sure we can...easily enough.

depends, what would be best would be a floating bar that could be set to vertical or horizontal (or docked) as then people could place it where they like...

depends, what would be best would be a floating bar that could be set to vertical or horizontal (or docked) as then people could place it where they like...

That would be great, can it be done???? :ph34r:

That would be great, can it be done???? :ph34r:

Of course...just you may need to bribe a programmer to do it *holds out hand*... j/k :P

Anyway, with a little extra coding (add docking to elwindows.c) and add the option to make the quickbar float.

That would be great, can it be done???? :P

Of course...just you may need to bribe a programmer to do it *holds out hand*... j/k :P

Anyway, with a little extra coding (add docking to elwindows.c) and add the option to make the quickbar float.

Great, you're hired! *puts undisclosed amount of gc in said programmer's hand* :ph34r:

Easier then you think, the quickbar is already a window, changing a couple words will make it an ordinary window and movable. They you have to code remembering its location in save/load of the cfg file. You don't even need to add docking support. To make it an el.ini option, just means an if to test which version of the creation code to add and the elini code as well.

Easier then you think, the quickbar is already a window, changing a couple words will make it an ordinary window and movable. They you have to code remembering its location in save/load of the cfg file. You don't even need to add docking support. To make it an el.ini option, just means an if to test which version of the creation code to add and the elini code as well.

I guess I'll have a go at it then.

That would be great, can it be done???? B)

Great, you're hired! *puts undisclosed amount of gc in said programmer's hand* B)

Gimme my money :P

Am I on the right track here?

(Right now, it's just hitting #qbar to make them windowed, dragging them around, and locking them in place by typing #qbar again...and the windows are separate.)

qbar1.PNG

qbar2.PNG

On the left side is great!!! Also I would like to see it able to be horizontal at the bottom of the screen too, if that is at all possible. If not, the way you have it is a tremendous improvement though!!!

useing the magic quickbar i see ;)

nice work...

Maybe so, but it ceases to cooperate when I try to make it differentiate between vertical and horizontal :( ...maybe I'll have to get it to check the window stats themselves.

NVM. Fix0red.

Again, Am I on the right track here?

(Right now, it's just hitting #qbar_align to make them horizontal, dragging them around, and locking them in place by typing #qbar again...and the windows are separate.)

qbar3.PNG

qbar4.PNG

But it looks like there may be the need for some kind of title bar fix.

Old source...so I guess the patch should be put together by tomorrow.