Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sywren

PK Event

Event: This is a "find and kill" event on the main server. At the moment there will be two three FIVE people hiding on different PK maps. Contestants must find and kill one of them to win.

The Prize: If you can kill one of us, you win a character on the PK server. At the moment, two FOUR characters are brand new and unnamed, and the third is a named character.

The Extra Challenge: This is an announced PK event covering all of the PK maps. Everyone knows, so hopefully all of the PKers out there will be scouring maps either looking for the hiders, or looking for the lookers.

When: Thursday, February 21st at 22:00 GMT (5:00 pm EST)

The hiders will be:

SyWren: high 30s a/d. SyWren is naked (possibly shivering, but then again, she may have found a comfy place to keep warm). Will she fight? Not on this server...

peino: mid 50s a/d. Peino is wearing his dancing shoes and may have a few fancy steps.

Enly: mid 40s a/d. I hear rumor she keeps a pet rock in pocket.

Sithicus: mid 30s a/d. Sithicus may be joining us late, but when he does, he may just engineer a few friends to keep him company.

kaGen: Unconfirmed...(but if I know kaGen, you might find yourself fighting your way through his entourage just to get a glimpse of him)

Spellsword: high 30s a/d. Spellsword is dressed for business, but ready to play.

The first five confirmed kills will be the winners.

Note: This is not designed as an opportunity to gain alts. We would prefer to give the prize to someone who is interested in trying out the PK server for the first time. You're on your honor here, folks.

Another note: I don't get off work until 4:00, so I may not be around until just before the event starts.

Edited by sygon

We now have THREE characters as prizes, which means that we will have three hiders. If anyone else has a donation, please let me know. The more people we have to find, the longer the event.

Edited by sygon

Peino Ereonis, 27th Moon Bear Lord, House of Ereon, is one of the hiders. So all of you who ever thought that I'm a pompous jerk who needs a kick in the ass, now's your chance -- and you even get a prize to make it worth the 2 seconds it will take to kill me. :D:D

just out of interest, what sort of stats will the hiders have? i am not sure how accessible this is for low a/d (like me)

(i havent been able to check gossip yet)

Edited by Minion07

just out of interest, what sort of stats will the hiders have? i am not sure how accessible this is for low a/d (like me)

Good question. I'm going to compile this information tomorrow and post basics like this. At the moment, the range is between 30s a/d naked and 70s dressed and fighting back.

I'm curious to know how many people are planning to show up just for the PK action (and not for the prizes). I don't know if I am going to announce the winners as they make their kills, or keep it a secret for a little while so PKers can have some fun.

Thoughts? Preferences?

Edited by sygon

Good question. I'm going to compile this information tomorrow and post basics like this. At the moment, the range is between 30s a/d naked and 70s dressed and fighting back.

I'm curious to know how many people are planning to show up just for the PK action (and not for the prizes). I don't know if I am going to announce the winners as they make their kills, or keep it a secret for a little while so PKers can have some fun.

Thoughts? Preferences?

I think that would be incredibly evil of you. :laugh:

Also, is there going to be a time limit? Iow, how long do we hiders have sit behind our barrels waiting for these noobs-- err, sorry, I mean mighty warrior contestants -- to find us? :P

EDIT: If there's a time limit, then even if we're all killed and prizes awarded, you could keep quiet about that until the time limit is up.

Edited by peino

Thoughts? Preferences?

if i win my prizes will go to my guild anyway, as if i keep them lol

I've given this some thought and here's how I've decided to time it:

If all five hiders are found within an hour, it will be kept a secret in order to allow more PK. After an hour, it will be announced how many are still hiding, and if any of the hiders need to be released, one of the "dead" hiders will replace them until all of the prizes are awarded. If after two hours, all of the prizes have not been awarded, they will be put on reserve as a prize for a future, similar events.

At the moment, we have five characters as prizes, but I have only confirmed three of my hiders. If any honorable players with low/medium stats would like to be on the "reserve" list in case the other two can't participate, please PM me.

I will post the finalized list of hiders and a brief "bio" about each so that lookers can get an idea of what to expect if they find one. BE WARNED: some of the hiders will fight back (magic, med level summons, weapons, heal, etc...) I am asking that they don't leave the map or arena, but some may dis/flee and expect a bit of a chase.

Hiders and stats now available in first post.

(and yes, I realize they are quite cheesy)

Edited by sygon

Hiders and stats now available in first post.

(and yes, I realize they are quite cheesy)

Now I gotta go get dancing shoes? Geez. *grumble* :D

Ooou, I get a pet rock? sweet... I wanna name it :P

See you all there, I hope to put up something of a fight, with the help of my rock of course :D

Good luck tonight with the PK event

Would have liked to be a hider but have work lol

But im helping in other ways

Have fun guys

Handy

keep PK alive :D

And the winners are:

EvilLittleman

fantastika

shakyamuni

kidberg

ragutizit