Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

The pig of the year award

In case you didn't know, we, the developers and various other people who contributed with their time, effort and knowledge, don't expect much financial reward from this game. Nevertheless, we dedicate a lot of time to it, and as it can be seen, a lot of people love the game, so it must be a good game, right?

We also don't expect the players to thank us for making it, but very few do it anyway.

The vast majority just playes the game and doesn't thank us at all, but this is ok, is not like we made it so that people will build us a statue or something.

Some people help us by buying various items and services, so that we can get better hardware, get a new server, and put some in our pockets.

Finally, there are a few pigs who do none of the above. Instead, they cheat, lie, and, worst, insult the developers in more or less nasty ways.

These people do not deserve to play the game, and, as such, they get banned.

The pig of the year award goes to Mr. Dlerch

Let us analyze why he got this prestigious award:

Well, first of all, Mr. Dlerch used an illegal client. Not a really big deal, except that this pig also macroed. And he vehemently denied it. Because, in his twisted brain, we are all idiots.

Then this pig also told a friend to tell me that he is terminally ill, with stomach cancer. So that I should go easy on him. Because, again, I must be the biggest idiot around and believe that someone who is terminally ill manufactures shit in the game 18 hours/day, for days in a row. Yeah, I mean, what better things to do with the rest of your short life but increase your manufacture exp in an online game.

Now, all the things I mentioned above would make him a dirty pig, but certinally not

win the pig of the year award.

So here is the thing that made him win the first prize (a one way ticket to the Eternal Banlands) :

A while ago, he was talking with his other good pig friends about how he would come to Pennsylvania and visit us, and have such a great time together. Other friends of his joined the conversation and suggested similarly good ways to spend our time together.

Out of respect for the young people here, I will not post that log. However, it wasn't exactly nice.

Jipomax wins the second prize (which is, coincidentally, a trip to the same place) for pretty much the same reasons as Dlerch, except for the stomach cancer bullshit.

The other winners of honorable mentiones are:

HOAXER

SMOOMS

TIDUS

DJINN

MURIDI

CHICKENGEORGE

SENIA

HARDCORE

POWERWARRIOR

OHOHOK

(all of them for insulting devs)

Frogkill gets a honorable mention for macroing near Rogue, and thinking we are idiots, then claiming he never macroed.

HOAXER

SMOOMS

TIDUS

DJINN

MURIDI

CHICKENGEORGE

SENIA

HARDCORE

POWERWARRIOR

OHOHOK

206179[/snapback]

All these win a free trip to banland or they just win the pig of the year?

Congratulations Dlerch!!!

Tough luck runner ups, Maybe next year!!

Personally i thought half of the people on the list were complete egotistical assholes (mainly chickengeorge and tidus). Good to see they got their ego from eating cheesy poofs across the room while they macroed.

Edited by MikeH

BTW, as a side note, some people PMed me telling me Dlerch is really terminal ill and it was not bullshit. I have a hard time believing that, given that all he said so far was complete BS.

I will believe it when I will see a medical certificate.

But if it's true, that makes him an even bigger pig, due to the fact that he trashes the people who created the place where he had chosen to spend the last days of his life.

All I can say is I am sadly disappointed when you are called on the fast that you cannot prove that someone is macroing (becase they were not) Tha you are reduced to banning them. I never said anything to you about being ill and I never mentioned to you I would visit you in Pennsylvania. I also never mentioned anything insulting to another dev/moderator. Now if anything insulting was said it was said in PM which as far as I knew was private. But you tell me Mr. Pig caller.

No, those things were mentioned on your guild chat, and someone reported it to us. Then we confirmed it's authenticity with other people.

And as you can see, I never said you mentioned it to me.

In case you didn't know, we, the developers and various other people who contributed with their time, effort and knowledge, don't expect much financial reward from this game. Nevertheless, we dedicate a lot of time to it, and as it can be seen, a lot of people love the game, so it must be a good game, right?

We also don't expect the players to thank us for making it, but very few do it anyway.

The vast majority just playes the game and doesn't thank us at all, but this is ok, is not like we made it so that people will build us a statue or something.

Most of us do appreciate what you have done, I especially appreciate it. EL has given me something that I look foward to. I have met a lot of people who i can safely say I would be friends with outside of EL. Anyone who cannot see the intense amount of TLC and work that goes into this game doesn't even deserve to play. :P

The other winners of honorable mentiones are:

HOAXER

SMOOMS

TIDUS

DJINN

MURIDI

CHICKENGEORGE

SENIA

HARDCORE

POWERWARRIOR

OHOHOK

(all of them for insulting devs)

goodbye success :P:P

My health never was mentioned on guild chat. Perhaps a visit to Pennsylvania was mentioned jokingly maybe you should post the chat since you verified it with everyone but the people involved.

My health never was mentioned on guild chat. Perhaps a visit to Pennsylvania was mentioned jokingly maybe you should post the chat since you verified it with everyone but the people involved.

206202[/snapback]

Oh, ok, let's post it and see if anyone thinks you deserve a second chance:

#GM from Tidus: ant learner is still stalking me

#GM from Shasso: jipo's gf is a squiril so he does it all the time

#GM from jipomax: drop something for him

#GM from jipomax: yep

#GM from dlerch: blow learner some kisses he will leave you alone

#GM from Hardcore: get him to kf

#GM from Tidus: he wont gay

#GM from Shasso: kill learner

#GM from jipomax: shivar should have changed his name then nobody would know who he was and he could start freash as a good guy

#GM from jipomax:

#GM from dlerch: lol shivar as a good guy

#GM from Shasso: lol i feel sprry for him

#GM from Shasso: sorry*

#GM from jipomax: me too

#GM from Hardcore: yeah it's hard to find shivar with another name...

#GM from dlerch: i do too that was a lot of work they erased

#GM from jipomax: fuck yeah it was

#GM from Hardcore: 8 months of work

#GM from Shasso: they halfed his mgic is well :'(

#GM from dlerch: id have flown to pennsylvania and killed ent

#GM from jipomax: i'd have stoped playing this shit

#GM from Hardcore: then you would never get stats back :/

#GM from Shasso: i know jipo

#GM from dlerch: so id have been happy

#GM from Hardcore: better to fly to him and make sex with him for stats back

#GM from jipomax: oh yeah that could work

#GM from Shasso: afk 5 min

#GM from jipomax: it is close next state over hmm i can blow him for #1

#GM from jipomax: and a meal

#GM from dlerch: lol

#GM from Tidus: grrr

#GM from jipomax:

#GM from Tidus: i want learner on

#GM from Tidus: maybe his fucking ant will stop stalking me

#GM from dlerch: id just break him in half rape roja and eat all their food then fly home

#GM from Hardcore: 8 of 100 sr's failed :/

#GM from jipomax: eat thier food that's harsh

#GM from frak: what kind of food do romanians eat? XD

#GM from dlerch: i know it is roumanian so i prob will not like it

#GM from dlerch: it will prob give me gas

#GM from jipomax: they eat grass or something

#GM from frak: lol

#GM from dlerch: and on a long flight thats bad

#GM from frak: afterburner for supersonic speed

#GM from jipomax: just tell him you'll turn him in to ins u know he has to to an illegal

#GM from dlerch: ill just hide his dish towel so he cant wash anymore dishes

#GM from jipomax: lol

#GM from dlerch: now that is harsh

#GM from jipomax: he will have to use a pair of roja old panties to do the dishes

#GM from dlerch: i am not eating there

#GM from jipomax: yeah u will have surf and turf when just thinking you are eating meat

#GM from dlerch: eww

#GM from frak: while u there steal his computers, so we can get server sources. also try to get his paypal account

#GM from jipomax: lol

#GM from jipomax: i bet he has all sorts of shady money coming in to that account

#GM from dlerch: the servers are in france i think

#GM from Shasso: why would they be in france

#GM from frak: yea they are. but the sources should be on his computer too

#GM from dlerch: i dont know but that is where the game is hosted

#GM from jipomax: ent is a spy

#GM from dlerch: for tomania lol

#GM from dlerch: what is he stealing how to make french fries

#GM from jipomax: no freedom fries

So now I guess we are not allowed to have any opinion that you disagree with in #GM. If you dont like what we say in GM you can and have banned people. Very nice. I am glad I live in America where freedom of speech is a right not a priviledge. In El it is at the whim of someone who spies on private guild messages.

Of course you are allowed to voice your oppinion. And we also have the right to ban you. Land of the free, we all have the freedoms to do stuff :hehe:

I always thought that PM's / #gms were private conversations...

206206[/snapback]

PMs are, guild messages are not (I mean, they go to whoever in your guild is listening to them). If someone who listened to them reports it to us, well, you are out of luck.

#GM from dlerch: id just break him in half rape roja and eat all their food then fly home

#GM from Hardcore: 8 of 100 sr's failed :/

#GM from jipomax: eat thier food that's harsh

This disgusts me. First off just what dlerch said, but the fact that noone seemed alarmed at what he said is even worse. Why are people being like this? I dont understand the deal with ingame issues. :hehe:

I am glad at least I live in america where we have freedom of speech. As what was said was said in private and just reported to you. I wonder why you did not bother to talk to anyone else about it. It was said as we were blowing off steam at our frustration at being accused for things we had not done. If we had not been accused it would never have been said. I am sorry I said I would visit you not because I want to be unbanned but because I am sorry I sunk to the level of frustration because of the situation. As for my health it has nothing to do with this and has no right being here. I never mentioned my health to you in connection with this at all. If someone else did please ask me next time not them. To the person that did mention it to you please contact me we need to speak.

I am glad at least I live in america where we have freedom of speech.

206218[/snapback]

Try to tell a cop that you have the freedom of speech that you'd rape and kill people and stuff. See what the jury thinks.

What was posted there has nothing to do with the freedom of speech.

That is disgusting and filthy. I would have done much worse than banning him.

206215[/snapback]

Full ack - and you dare to call that voicing your opinion, dlerch? :hehe:

If i said it to a cop you are right but if i said it to a group of my friends in private. The cop would have to come talk to those involved and see if their was a valid and credible threat. He could not take secondhand info as a credible threat.