Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aitrus

Out of game Messenger

A messenger thats tiny to download and you can go to any El channel and speak to people + if you logon you get accss to guild chat and PM

Try http://rootshell.be/~bremac/elchat.zip

It's a small PDcurses-based client, with a windows executable included... may need to rebuild it for linux or whatever.

It's essentially Wytter's elchat program...just I can't remember what his site is. <_<

You have to edit elchat.ini with a Unix-line style editor. (Anything but notepad :( )

Edited by crusadingknight

Microsoft Word will work? Stupid question.

Will there be a mac version of this?

If I can locate that Mac patch...maybe...

Dunno with microsoft word... personally, I use gVim. (Vim)

Here's a small non-standard port of vi to Windows:

http://www.winvi.de/winvi32.zip

Edited by crusadingknight

When I try to start the program I get an error that says elchat has caused an error in elchat.exe. and it closes. How can i fix this?

When I try to start the program I get an error that says elchat has caused an error in elchat.exe. and it closes. How can i fix this?

Thanks for the detail... that's like "The person that robbed me? uh, he was human".

Please, details...what was the error?

When I try to start the program I get an error that says elchat has caused an error in elchat.exe.  and it closes.  How can i fix this?

Thanks for the detail... that's like "The person that robbed me? uh, he was human".

Hehehehe, I couldn't agree more :huh:

click on start > execute > type in "edit"

voilà, a Texteditor that will work just fine (no, it's not notepad)

regards,

kl4Uz

Wooteth!! It worked!! Thank you to whoever made this.

You have to copy-paste the SDL.dll and SDL_net.dll into its directory from the EL client directory. I am allowed to connect to port 2000 with this, right?

Curses! They named it right, for sure. Every time I hit a key that's not a letter, backspace, enter, or space, it crashes... anyway... Fixes anytime soon?

Edited by freeone3000

When I try to start the program I get an error that says elchat has caused an error in elchat.exe.  and it closes.  How can i fix this?

I would give you more information if I had it. The only thing that windows tells me when it crashes is what I told you there.

uhh i have a problem... i only have word >.> help!

If you are running windows, you have a text editor other than wordpad. It's been posted already, but: Start, run, type in edit.

Anyway, it shouldn't be a problem. I don't see why you have to edit it.

Copy-paste SDL.dll and SDL_net.dll from your EL directory to this directory. Make sure you have uncompressed it first. Then Double-click on the config (.ini) file. Open with whatever. Change username to your username, password to your password, and change port from 2001 to 2000. Close that, double click the executable. Make sure you get it, not the icon file. Then it is done. Remember not to press caps lock, control, alt, windows, a function key, num lock, end, insert, or printscreen. It will crash if you do.

Edited by freeone3000

ohh can someone please put these files here >.> i dont have el installed on my comp

If you are running windows, you have a text editor other than wordpad. It's been posted already, but: Start, run, type in edit.

Anyway, it shouldn't be a problem. I don't see why you have to edit it.

Copy-paste SDL.dll and SDL_net.dll from your EL directory to this directory. Make sure you have uncompressed it first. Then Double-click on the config (.ini) file. Open with whatever. Change username to your username, password to your password, and change port from 2001 to 2000. Close that, double click the executable. Make sure you get it, not the icon file. Then it is done. Remember not to press caps lock, control, alt, windows, a function key, num lock, end, insert, or printscreen. It will crash if you do.

It should accept ctrl, alt, caps lock, etc, unless your system DLL's aren't installed correctly. :blink: