Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dagar

Trade == Attack?

Wasn't quite sure where to post this, abuse, bugs, help, or general chat, decided on general chat, cause I don't know if this is a known thing that I've just never seen before or what...

Some character, who for now I will not name, offered to trade with me out of the blue.

As usual, I figured, "He clicked me by mistake" and simply walked away. He followed me and offered to trade again, and again, without saying anything. So I decided to click trade to see what he wanted, and when I went to click on him to trade, the "sword" came up - so I didn't click, think "what the heck is going on?" Seconds later, some newbie walks up to this person (we were on IP) and whack, dead newbie.

If this is a bug, it needs fixed. If it is not a bug, it is really lame, and the lowest kind of abuse (IMO).

Could someone please enlighten me?

Thanks

Dagar

You have to select the trade icon first before you click on someone to trade. Dunno which icon it is, the one with the two hands.

EDIT: and IP is a non-combat map. You can't fight against other players there.

Edited by Grum

I did select the trade icon. When I moused over the character, the sword/fight symbol appeared. I doubled checked that I didn't select the fight icon, and it was definately the trade icon.

Said character attacked and killed another player right in front of my eyes, on IP.

Edited by Dagar

Brian_Huting

And if he was "PKable on any map" then I'm definately saying this is a bug, clicking trade should not initiate combat.

Edited by Dagar

I've never had trouble with trade before. I don;t understand why the sword icon should come up anyway, even when not trading, I guess it should be an eye(?) on a non-combat map.

But yeah, if this is due to the person being PKable, it is abuse, and a bug. Aren't PKable person recognisable (red name or something, or is that something else?)

I've never had trouble with trade before. I don;t understand why the sword icon should come up anyway, even when not trading, I guess it should be an eye(?) on a non-combat map.

But yeah, if this is due to the person being PKable, it is abuse, and a bug. Aren't PKable person recognisable (red name or something, or is that something else?)

PKable characters have yellow names on a map (same as monsters/animals).

I have also noticed, that with pkable characters (namely WanderingFool) that no matter which map and without selecting the fight icon, hovering over the pkable character shows the sword icon. Therefore, its possible that clicking (whether it be trade or anything else) results in you attacking them.

Perhaps this is a bug? I havent reported it as i believed it to be a 'feature'.

Perhaps this is a bug? I havent reported it as i believed it to be a 'feature'.

Well, as this story shows, there's a possibility of abuse. I think it qualifies as a bug.

It is fixed in CVS client AFAIK.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

I didn't actually click on him, thankfully. I was obvious he was abusing the fact that getting someone to click on him initiated combat by repeatedly attempting to trade with others.