Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gareth

battle cries

i was thinking that creatures like orcs, trolls, and other humanoid monsters could shout some sort of battle cry. also if ent implements human baddies like bandits (i got a quest idea for this), they can shout things like "death to the intruders" or "nice boots i want them" just a basic idea to add a little more life to the game

that would be cool, i'm not sure what's going on the with the sound fx right now..

And yes, ent will implement bandits and such...but i will make them :D

hehe awesome bandits (wow you would have to get lots of gold coins and stuff like that) woo hoo that would be awesome (which gives me an idea) where you could steal things (not from other players) but like goblins and stuff (since like at 20/20/20 they don't attack you) you could steal from them if you wanted to that would be awesome and have like a stealing stat :)

the battle cries dont have to be audio, they could be text or subtitles, like appearing over the creatures head or in the chat area

Maybe but all if the Text does get to be annoying. Most NPCs always say something in Text Boxes. Of course, the Cries don't need to be in Text Boxes but they'll still add another line of text and that'll get either Pointless or annoying if a Hostle surprises you while talking or Harvesting/Manufacturing.

If you're gonna do it textbased, have it in the normal chatarea (that's gonna be recreated soon), and make the cries ignorable. Easy enough.