Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Izzy

Marriges by err..

I saw gay marriges were legal in the netherlands ~ but are they illegal in the US... I just thought there was no law against it...

Um... any way I was wonderining what people think about it... I mean I'm not opposed to it but I dont understand a guy and guy relationship... I dont hate it I just dont understand it... I mean physically a guy in my case see guys as well - a guy.

Mean while women to me have a more vulomptious shape out. A attractiveness...

I just dont get it...

I was talking to this lesbian who said it was love or something from like touching them you feel more love for them... I was a bit sickend by the thought of touching a dude like and with that intention but I kept a open mind and didn't spaz out.

same goes for girl on girl, I can't get that either... like I can understand it either...

The concept of love is somthing I never dug deep into... so I guess I'll have to do more research on it...

From what I underestand, homosexuality is some messed up genes, that makes you be attracted by the same sex.

I don't know about the laws in US (I think they vary from state to state), but I am sure that in most of the states homosexual marriage is not officially recognized.

LOL! Research on love... :D

Heh.. Anyway...

We live in the 21th century, we are veeery openminded about lots of things, we don't think it's bad to be gay anymore. Now, the only reason why gay marriages were illegal is because of the 'Curch' - the almighty Church thought it was bad, not according to God's will blablabla, so the state forbid it too. (And since everybody was with the Church, no problems) Now the Curch isn't that almighty anymore, and I think love goes above genders and sex. So, I think it's only good that gay marruages are allowed, even if I don't really understand it.

well, in the US church and state are two different things, but that line is clearly broken when it comes to marriges seeing as how it affects how you pay your taxes.

But the church does have a right to state their facts, and I dont believe in god but I know that if a organization has factual evidence that is tangible that is from the basis (the foundations) of that religion the fundamental truths of that religions.

Then it should be upheld by them, no if ands or buts.

Seeing as how the religion is not about self appeasement but serving a god or gods.

So as far as the church goes if all the above is met then its ok for them to say no.

But hey look at catholic priests and chior boys. Then look at the pope and all that gold he keeps to him erm ministry.

I mean whatever.

I've just got one thing to say on this...

We live right next to Vermont. Vermont is "The Gay State"

I think I'm going to move to New Zealand...

Eehh, who cares if someone is gay? As long as they don't kiss you if you don't want them to (same goes for straights btw)

I believe Vermont DOES officially recognize gay marriages..and some other states are trying to follow suit if I heard correctly..

There are many types of love. The differences come with it's intimacy. I could say I love another girl, and that would be true. But the type of love it would be would be that of friendship/family. Purely platonic.....I was just watching LOTR and I'm reminded of Frodo and Sam here ;)

So many people are saying things like "they're so gay". But really those people miss the whole point of Love. If someone thinks love is a sexual thing only and cannot be expressed in non-sexual ways with others of the same sex, that's stupid.

Hm..I think I got a bit off topic...ahem..back to "gay marriages"..

I have no idea what it's like having feelings for a member of the same sex..and I never will. And I do think there is something wrong with gays. It just doesn't seem/feel right. Why? I dont know..I can't answer that. I don't hate those people, I just don't see how they could feel that way..same with paedophiles, sadist, masochists, etc..I kind of put them all into the same category. Something's not right about it, but yet I can't prove it wrong. We can't prove a lot of things to be wrong, because we make our own right & wrongs. But, there is something inside each of us I believe..that tells us what's right/wrong...only that some don't hear it, or don't want to hear it....

Well my uncle is gay and i happen to have a friend who is gay so i think they should be entitled to the same rights we are. homosexuality is just sumthin ur born with, there isnt anything you can do about it, and i dont know why people are so predjidiced against it. abnormality is just not something we, as humans, can accept very easily it seems.

The last post was mine. Sometimes it just logs me out randomly. what the hell is wrong with these forums?

anywayz, in the last line, "can" should be "cant" but noooo, i cant edit it, because it's a "guest's"... :evil:

Well, actually, it shouldn't be can't... 'Cause you already denied something (by using not) before the ','

Ohh, that's something I had on my Dutch class today, so don't mind me! :)

Anyway, back on topic. Replying to Roja's post (since I totally agree with Guthix's)

I can see that you don't see how people could ever love someone of their own gender. It just shows that you're a 100% heterosexual. I just got a question for you: If you (would) know someone that's gay, would you accept him/her as a friend? Would you think bad of him or her, just because s/he's gay? I think you'll find that that person is the just as normal as you are, or anyone else for that matter, only with a different focus of love.

Maybe it's just the way we're raised, I was raised to be pretty openminded, but my grandma can't even think good of gay people. (For that matter, I think most Dutch people are pretty openminded...)

I just got a question for you: If you (would) know someone that's gay, would you accept him/her as a friend? Would you think bad of him or her, just because s/he's gay?

Actually I did have a guy friend that was gay, and I was friends with him. So I guess that answers your question. Although..girls on the other hand..i'm a bit weary of..they kinda freak me out :P But I haven't met many lesbians..except one girl who really WAS weird..but I guess i'd treat them the same as well.

homosexuality is just sumthin ur born with

Actually that is NOT a proven fact. It's only one theory.

Which one is going to get the $100 bill first? The male-friendly lesbian, the   man-hating dyke, Santa Claus, or the Easter Bunny?  

The man-hating dyke.  

Good! Why?  

I don't know.  

Because the other three are figments of your fuckin' imagination!  

I don't know why I found it necessary to post that, but I did...

if you don't know where that's from, tough.

Gay marriages are awesome. When Canada allowed gay marraiges last summer, I got my ministership and married a whole bunch during Gay Pride week. Apparently, these guys are really rich, so I'd get $300+ for an hour's work.

Jevik

ok after doing a little bit more research in homosexuality, visiting various websites that have articles and research papers on the topic at hand, I have come up with 1 answer.

Homosexuals are a byproduct of stress, much like in the extream case of a serial killer; who usually has a history of high stress, either from parents of school kids or others they develope with a emotional deformaty.

Generally most homosexuals come about their acceptance of them being a homosexual during their teenage years or pre teenage, either from repressed memories that cannot be specifically remembered but are a factor none the less.

(This is male homosexuals)

The male in the family is usually the one who strives for the most power, while the female is (ritualisticly) supposed to be the one who aids the male but at home.

The agrressive or more masculine homosexual is a counterposit of their father and mother, except they dont want to rule a female, maybe because of that it reminds them of their mother.

For the femanine homosexual it is a reaction of power and wanting more power, but almost like a shy person. (not saying shy people are gay). Some one who is shy is generally afraid of the exposure rather than the person, they are afriad of what the person might do.

In the femanin homosexuals case the idea of a stronger male is about the same, except they remember their father being either the provider or the mother being the provider and try to mimic that role, however they have the attraction to the same gender because the male is supposed to be some one you confide in.

Freak Homosexuals are the final blur, they are what covers over the entire homosexual people giving heterosexuals another impression of homosexuals.

These are men who are plain dumb, I'm not saying that personally but its just from what I read, they have questions that need answering but are afraid to ask them or dont know who to ask, they put on a disguise to ask a woman who they are probably afraid of the questions, they have sex with other gay men for that same reason.

-------------

I'll cover lesbians another time.

I think that's pretty harsh Izzy. So basically you're saying that gay people don't really love their own gender? Seems pretty weird to me, since almost 10% of the whole world population is gay..

no no no, in all senses they do love their partner, but as for the reason why they do is not in the classical view of why...

Ok a serial killer could be said to kill in self defence, but thats self defence emotionally.

A serial killer like err... hmm... damn cant remember his name, damn I really cant..

well I remember what he did, he would watch women that resembled his mother, then he would kill them and dress them in make up to look like his mom, then he would cut a portion of skin and flesh or an apendage from them, and dump the body in a river.

From what I remember I think he turned the skin into clothes and the skin from the fingers into gloves.

But he was heavily abused by his mother when he was younger. So when he looked at a woman not even knowing his mother he would see his mother in them.

Get the connection?

Same sort of theory can be applied to the origin of the love that homosexuals have towards each other.

1 misunderstanding that is never confronted can lead to a definate traumatic effect that might be pushed deep into the mind.

=D, but thats all from what I gathered. I only read about 9 articles >.>.

I'm sure theirs ppl who read about 200 maybe 2000 articles and even novels on the subject.

:shock: too much info to read at one...

i live in sweden, and here, everything seems to be ok. I dont know about *marriage* tho. You CAN get a partnership, but im poretty sure that the swedish church wont marry two gay people. You also cant adopt children if you are gay. Thats a HUGE thing here in sweden.. gay people trying to adopt, on the news all the time. And since they cant adopt, its usuall that the following thing happens: A lesbian girl goes out on the pub, hits on a guy, gets him to sleep with her, telling him that she goes on 'p-pills' (you know, the no-baby-for-me-pills).. but she doesnt, she give birth for the child, and forces the poor guy to pay for the child in 18 years, while only the mother gets to keep custety of the baby, sick contry huh?

That's pretty sick indeed... BTW; it's called a anticonception pill :) (At least, that'd be a correct term, if you'd ask me). Back to the adoption:

Here in Holland gay couples can adopt kiddo's - it's not bad for the kid, just different.

And to Izzy: OK; so homosexuality is just the result of a trauma which hasn't been dealt with. I gotta say I think most gay people haven't had a trauma at all... But that's just me, and I didn't do any research ^.^ At school all that kinda stuff just gets cramped into us, and one look at Discovery Channel tells loads too.

not like that, of course you know, all people are the same as well as different.

In some cases some one might not be hurt by saying "YO MAMA."

and the next guy would put a bullet in the kid who said it, about 20 other kids around him, then himself.

It's not fare the generalize like that to say all people can handle a certain set ammount of stress, some people break for things that you might brush off like a birds feather on your shoulder.

Here in Holland gay couples can adopt kiddo's - it's not bad for the kid, just different.

Actually I don't think it would be so good for a kid....think of how it would be to have 2 dads or 2 moms..you wouldn't have a member of the opposite sex in your immediate family. And Males & Females are of course different(i'm not talking sexualy in this case). I don't think 2 of the same sex could fill in those gaps completely. It's just not natural/normal.

And if you're going to say something like "well it has to be natural cause it happens", well plently of unnatural things happen.

Gay marriages are awesome. When Canada allowed gay marraiges last summer, I got my ministership and married a whole bunch during Gay Pride week. Apparently, these guys are really rich, so I'd get $300+ for an hour's work.

LOL...so it's all a money making deal for you, eh? :)

anyway..speaking of ministers...isn't it funny how there's some christian religions that accept gays? I mean..come on, how stupid is that, since it says it right there in their Holy book that it isn't good. Those people make their own religions up....well lots of people do that but still..they completely contradict themselves :)

anyway..speaking of ministers...isn't it funny how there's some christian religions that accept gays? I mean..come on, how stupid is that, since it says it right there in their Holy book that it isn't good.  Those people make their own religions up....well lots of people do that but still..they completely contradict themselves B)

=D, I'm like a a seer of the future or somethin' I mean jeez.

Or did I just look at the present >.>.

I don't like saying "I told ya so." but it's very applicable in this situation.

gawks at his own ego...

almost choked there. =P

roja, plz dont make me feel any better than I already do. O.o.

Oh back on topic,

I started looking into lesbians now, its even wierder than guys, I mean I figured that guys well... wooo, they are some wierdos.

I also read this funny note.

"Bisexuals are worldwide some of the dumbest people on earth."

I think some of the dumbest people on earth dont even know they are dumb.

From what I gathered so far, Lesbians are multitalented, apparantly there are fat lesbians >.<. I never saw one before...

Lesbians from what I gathered seem to be women in extream depression.

Almost like this, (for any girls over 19 and past puberty).

Its like your worst nightmare pms x having a baby at the sametime^5.

Now thats not possible, but thats the type of trauma some women go through. They drown themselves in taboo, or what is supposed to be taboo.

Sad but I doubt I'm right, I mean I only read about 4 articles so far. -.-

..you wouldn't have a member of the opposite sex in your immediate family. And Males & Females are of course different(i'm not talking sexualy in this case).

So you're saying single parents shouldn't be allowed to raise children either, right?

Jevik

LOL...so it's all a money making deal for you, eh? :D

anyway..speaking of ministers...isn't it funny how there's some christian religions that accept gays? I mean..come on, how stupid is that, since it says it right there in their Holy book that it isn't good. Those people make their own religions up....well lots of people do that but still..they completely contradict themselves B)

Well, my point was that I think so little of the variances of human sexuality that I might as well cash in on any money making opportunities that the bigotry of others create.

As for the "against the Bible" stuff, well, "laying with another man" is an abomination. So is eating shellfish. (I don't think it says anything about lesbians).

But, really, who cares what the mythology of a long-dead desert tribe says?

Jevik

P.S: All religions are "made up". :P

Good point about single parents, but fortunatly I did some research on them too, because the same question crossed my mind.

Single parents in general are more focused, (some arent, I'll describe those in a sec) those parents (assuming he/she isn't rich) two fathers has a definate impact on the child compared to 1 father and no mother.

a son in a 1 parent relationship would ask, where is mommy one day, or they will come to an understanding of what happened on their own. Thats the key, that understanding is what happens; the "difference" in what I described above.

Its that understanding at that age that alters the childs life, now some children with the same situation. Wouldn't be able to understand it, and maybe even develope a hate for women.

(Ha a serial killer did that, again I cant remember his name but he reigned terror in the bronx for 1 summer - I believe it was Son of Sam, he named himself after his neighbors dog.)

----------------------

Ok in a gay marrige with 2 men and 1 son the understanding is a bit altered, as the development of the childs perception (depending on when he was adopted; for argument sake lets say he was adopted at 2 months old.) That child at the age of 8 - 14 would ask where is mommy, because it takes a woman and a man doesn't it?

(Unless the two fathers told him that he was adopted.)

The father would have to explain, the cocept of love, then explain what they go though. Now in most cases the boy may understand the love and seek the love himself, in the other case he make understand the love and have a opened mind to it.

Now thats the difference, the child with 2 fathers has a closed vision of everything, as the child with 1 father has more chance of becoming friends or not hating gay men, however atleast he has a chace to say he hates homosexuals.

It's wrong to take the right to hate away.