Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BriGuy!04

Holiday Drops!

:D On holidays the eternal lands staff should drop special items on holidays. The items would be something that isnt in the game already and would have to be related to the holidays theme.ex) for holloween make like a devil mask, on easter bunny ears, and for christmas a santa hat. You could also make weapons like for halloween maybe u could make a weapon like the grim reaper has. You would give it to evry1 that was on that day though.then the next year come out with different stuff.

i like your highly original ideas. they definately aren't all from runescape...

anyhoo.. i know i've seen this suggested before, and i know they had some reason to reject it.. hm.. cant really remember why tho :D

That idea rocks....

If RuneScape does that then I guess Runescape has one cool idea.

The thing that realy lacks in this game is what you can wear....I hate looking the same as everyone else and even when I get a hold of the realy rare armor there are still other people who look almost identical to me! There should be a clothes shop or somethign where you can buy lots of clothes and special drops, seasonal stuff, etc.

I know why they are rejecting a lot of this stuff thou. They need to have the models, textures, etc. in the game folders for them to have this stuff. Unlike Runescape which runs right in yoru browser, this game is soooo much nicer made in C++, but the disadvantage is that they can't add new things that they diden't plan for in the last update.

Still, having people go get a quick patch isent' that big of a deal....

Still, having people go get a quick patch isent' that big of a deal....

It'll be even easier when that auto-update thing is in. :D

More clothing would be a nice, Yes, and Roja said she'll be making a lot for the p2p version(And I recall something about body sizes o.O), But lets NOT turn this into runescape, please. <_<

Edited by Hazor

for holloween make like a devil mask, on easter bunny ears, and for christmas a santa hat.

1) Halloween has *nothing* to do with the "devil"

2) Easter is *Christian* if you include that, then Wiccans should have Ostara with a Goddess mask of fertility...

3) Not everybody is 2 and some of us *don't* celebrate Christmas because the root there is "Christ" and *some* of us are NOT Christian *coughIhatereligioncough*

4) What purpose does that serve?

So what...we are all differnt...It is stupid that you cannot respect other people's religions....

There is no reason that christmas clothes shoulden't be offered because of the peopel who dont' believe in it...for the peopel who do it is fun...If you are offeneded by that then you have a problem....if we can respecect that you don't do religon, then you can expect that we do (well...I beleive a lot of theorys involving science over a lot of things in the Bible...but...oh well...i'm weird....).

Also....I dont' understand the thign with Runescape...I only played it for a few minutes and hated it because it was too slow, it was made in Java, and it was realy hard to control the character...Is toped playing it in 10 minutes.

What is wrong if features similar to RuneScape are put into this game....it is like this....

Yeah...somethign for Christmas...LOL.

You have one realy ugly stocking that smells and is all dirty, but it has realy good candy in it.

Now, you have a realy realy realy nice stocking that has no candy in it, but then you see the old ugly stocking, deciding to put some yummy candy inside the better stocking. It woudl jsut make it better :unsure:

Chatter, I was saying that if Christmas clothes are added, you should add something for Yule, Hanukkah (I know that isn't spelled right, anybody care to correct?), and every other holiday at that time...

And Halloween, add Samhain, Day of the Dead, and All Hallows Eve...

Etc. etc. etc.

But I do respect religions and the people that follow them, I'm merely requesting that if Christians get their holidays put into EL, so should everybody else.

add to talk post I start play runescape and found thing like that can make own bread by harvesting wheat then take windmilled to make flour then add water make dough and then put on stoved cooked it and you got homemade bread that boost willpower cause all work you day make tasted even better. Ps might post suggest came up with sometime future or never :)

Chatter, I was saying that if Christmas clothes are added, you should add something for Yule, Hanukkah (I know that isn't spelled right, anybody care to correct?), and every other holiday at that time...

Ummm...it idden't sound like that...but yeah....that woudl be cool

I want hanaka clothes! :)

Well maybe as not to offend people of driffent beliefs, made up holidays. Maybe something to fit the storyline.

And on this day the day of Oct. the 28 80 years ago the mighty King Slackalot. Slew the dragon Red Pepper that had ravaged the lands for 30 days and 30 nights.

Henc froth on this day we have got stupid drunk and party till the rising of the sun in honor of his memory. :D

Edit-I think holidays would be cool but I don't thinking a incress drop rate or something like is needed. Maybe like all travens hand out free wine and ale.

Edited by Fizban

:P obviously u dont respect our religion if u posted u hated it in ur first post.

Correction: I said I hate *religion* not YOUR religion... There *is* a difference. Stop putting words in my mouth, I'm perfectly capable of that.

Well maybe as not to offend people of driffent beliefs, made up holidays. Maybe something to fit the storyline.

That seems like the best idea for adding holidays...

i was just about to suggest this wen i read the rules and foudn the topic other great mmorpgs do this and dont give me that bs that ppl will b offended by christmas or something we could do hannika too its fun to celebrate the holidayz and it makes ppl wanna play more even if its only on the holidayz

-happy halloween everyone

The only holiday "drops" we'll have are items for contests that you can win.

P.S. Please try to write better, it's very hard to read your writing because of all the run on sentences and not spelling out full words.