Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rogue28

Name Search

I would like to suggest having some way to inform new players whether a name has been taken or not, as I was just contacted by a moderator informing me that my Username is also used by a Moderator.

I was unaware of this, as I usually use Rogue28 and/or Rogue628 as my character's name in games.

I haven't been playing long (2 or 3 days approx.) ao it's not going to kill me if I have to start over. Anyway, just a thought to save some people's time.

BTW Great game. :(

I told you :( well, the people in charge could change your name to something else if it is necessary, so i dont think you need to start over

Lol he wasn't complaining about starting over, or even discussing that...

I think its a very good idea actually, to have a name search, or something that comes up when you submit your name that says something like: "I'm sorry, that name is already taken by a moderator/player/whatever, please think of another name".

I know I wouldn't care to have an Aislinn28 wandering around, not that it is your fault, how could you know? Which obviously is the point of your suggestion :(

oh, i thought he wrote 'it is going to kill me' =)

Guest Anchesenamon

Rogue, you can't use your nick because some moderator took it? And you want him to change nick? I don't get it...

Rogue, you can't use your nick because some moderator took it? And you want him to change nick? I don't get it...

No, the name is taken by the mod, he wants his own name to be changed.

And, uhh... Rogue28 is taken? I thought it was Rouge...

Guest Anchesenamon

So if he don't want name Rogue28 why he has created such char? I don't underestand. <_<

So if he don't want name Rogue28 why he has created such char? I don't underestand. <_<

Because he didn't know Rogue was a mod's name when he chose the name Rogue28. Some people like to be originals, not have the same name as another with a number on the end. I don't blame him one bit, I wouldn't want the same name as somebody else either.