Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Screw You Guys, I'm Going Home!

if you leave, whose gonna decide on what to add/change. should make it clear b4 this game goes to hell.. doesnt seem like anyones gonnna change ur mind anyway so i wont try.

edit: nvm saw roja's post.

Guest snowden

It has been a fun ride, Ent. On behalf of many players, thanks for developing such a multilayered game, and allowing a thriving on line community to develop. Unfortunately, several members took it a little too far, and became resistant to natural evolution of the game. On bahalf of the rest of the EL community, I appologize for the harsh words of a few.

Step back for a min, Ent. Look at the diverse worldwide community you have created. Hundreds of people from several continents the world interact daily. You created a good thing. I hope a new project restores that "joie de vie" to development.

Please do what makes you happy. If you return to EL, we will welcome your creative energies. If you new project develops - we look forward to a new challenging game.

Good Luck

"Snowden"

"You're civilized, but soon paralized - the thought became the mission of your life"

- Tim DeLaughter When the Fool Becomes a King

Entropy,

I just want to say this is and always has been your project, your baby. You have taken EL from just an idea to what we have now. Your leadership and hard work have made EL what it is today, one of the best MMPORG's around. I just never understood why there's not more players for such a fine game. The game is in Beta, which means nothing is set in stone, including continued development or lack thereof. I know that recently the macroers have really gotten you and the development team pissed off, and I suggest you just start deleting characters for any macroers you find in the future. It's your game, and your rules. I do understand the need to take breaks from the development side of things, which is why I think you should let the game go without further development for a month or two(or three). That way you can relax, get your thoughts together, and hopefully come back to EL and lead the development team to an award winning MMPORG.

Entropy, you are a winner, not a loser. I'm just sorry the community has made you feel you must leave to relax. We should not put that kind of pressure on the development team.

Please do come back after you have had a chance to recouperate.

Telgar

Thanks, but EL stopped being my 'baby' quite a while ago, the last days being just the straw that broke the camel's back.

I know I am a winner, that's why my next project will be even better and more popular than Eternal Lands :P

we'll see about that eh... erm... can you at least tell us your real name? ;)

"Thanks, but EL stopped being my 'baby' quite a while ago, the last days being just the straw that broke the camel's back.

I know I am a winner, that's why my next project will be even better and more popular than Eternal Lands "

but thats not possible

maar thats niet mogelijk

ma thats non possibili

aber thats nicht möglich

mais thats non possibles

sorry for my bad translations evrybody its hard being quinlangual

Entropy,

I just want to say this is and always has been your project, your baby. You have taken EL from just an idea to what we have now. Your leadership and hard work have made EL what it is today, one of the best MMPORG's around. I just never understood why there's not more players for such a fine game. The game is in Beta, which means nothing is set in stone, including continued development or lack thereof. I know that recently the macroers have really gotten you and the development team pissed off, and I suggest you just start deleting characters for any macroers you find in the future. It's your game, and your rules. I do understand the need to take breaks from the development side of things, which is why I think you should let the game go without further development for a month or two(or three). That way you can relax, get your thoughts together, and hopefully come back to EL and lead the development team to an award winning MMPORG.

Entropy, you are a winner, not a loser. I'm just sorry the community has made you feel you must leave to relax. We should not put that kind of pressure on the development team.

Please do come back after you have had a chance to recouperate.

Telgar

Thanks, but EL stopped being my 'baby' quite a while ago, the last days being just the straw that broke the camel's back.

I know I am a winner, that's why my next project will be even better and more popular than Eternal Lands :P

we'll see about that eh... erm... can you at least tell us your real name? ;)

Just search for eternal lands on a search engine, you'll find it sonner or later

Ent, I just read this and one thing comes to mind...

NOOOOO! You only hear the bad comments about the game, think about everyone else who play the game, love it and dont complain. Don't let others people shit get you down. Keep the harvesting the way it is, implement the invasions, STAY IN EL.

I said my peace, just please reconsider your decision.

I was thinking the very same thing as I read through this post.

I liked the harvesting idea, and I like the game, and I will probably like anything that you choose to do to the game (I'm fairly easy to entertain, though), so I therefore don't have a strong opinion against the game like the people you describe as "bitching" do, and I have no reason to come to the forums. Although, now that I think about it, perhaps I should have, or somebody should have, because everybody needs to hear that they are appreciated every once in a while. What you're seeing here are the people who have strong enough opinions about what needs to be changed in the game that they actually take the time to rant on the forums about how much they dislike the current system. Of course, there are some exceptions, such as Lyanna, who present their views in a mature and rational manner. I'm not sure how many other people there are out there who feel the same way that I do about this, but I can guess that there are probably quite a few. I'm not saying that you shouldn't take this break, though, because you definitely deserve a break. So, take your break, and when you're ready, I and many others will be delighted to have your unique ideas once again flowing into this game. Although, I didn't need to tell you that, because that's what you've already stated that you are doing. Thank you for all you've done for this game; I appreciate it.

hmm....ya know what? this thread needs a big whopping can of spam post.you know those ones that make absolutely no sense and are mostly incoherent babbling.this is not that post.

Anyways... Ent have a nice little vacation from el.you need it. you allready have worked too hard for some of these ungrateful fucks and i applaude you for having the patience to put up with so much crap for so long.i know i personally have dissagreed with some of the things you chose to implement but i still played afterwards and accepted those changes. but i thank you (and anyone else who worked on making el) for creating such wonderfully addictive internet crack that has driven my family and classmates insane.never before have i loved playing a game so much. (and i thought runescape had turned me off to mmorpgs forever)well anyways my thoughts are now known and i dont really have much left to say so i bid you a good night/day/whenever.

Hi

never really talked to you besides when i am having problems, which you we kind enough to help me fix.

just an idea, maybe you should play the game like we do. harvest, hunt, fight, get a sword like we do, a random stone, but not as ent, as joe who is a noob and has to work at everything, not okay i have 1245 hp and if i need HE zap i have them, see where some of us (community) are coming from.

just an idea may be bad one, but threwing it out there. i just think that sometimes we forget why we started something like this and maybe getting back to basics; Helps sometimes ;o)

or just go out and get drunk and have some great monkeysex ;o)

hey it never hurts

I wish you weren't leaving, although I've never really talked to you, I am playing your game after all :)

Well Ent, what can I say? It's your decision. Good luck on the next project!

only problem i can see with that mdnicegirl is that he knows the game inside out and it kinda takes almost all of the interest out of the game.but discarding that fact it is a good idea to play from our point of view.

Yes, I know that many people like the game, that's why I am not going to change it anyfurther. Now, before I go, do you want the old harvesting back or not (it's a matter of a few seconds of my time, and a restart).

I really like the way it is now... makes the game fun and hav. now boring at all.... in fact i hav. more now hoping something happens...lol... please take some time off if you must and come back and make the new p2p stuff and get us paying for a great game. I really do not want to have to go back to my old p2p game Lineage now..lol... please please come back and make the game the way you want it.... being it's beta keep testing out new stuff...

Tigger

do u think u could fix the horrible harvesting changes before u go?

He sure is not going to fix it for someone voting for Bush lol...

I love it the new way ..fun :)

Tigger

This decision is mostly fueled by the constant struggle between me and the community.

Thats what you get for even reading what every 14yr old has to say. You have mods and nhs, and they play and read BS, you should consider what they say, not everybody else if that frustrates you so much..

To the other developers: Dont you quit on us too please :)

Well, I had no probs with most of your changes, but bees with teeth really scare me :lol:

Anyway, thanks for a great game and good luck at whatever you are going to do now.

Yes, I know that many people like the game, that's why I am not going to change it anyfurther. Now, before I go, do you want the old harvesting back or not (it's a matter of a few seconds of my time, and a restart).

yes change it back, only like 10% of the people like the new system, youv alienated noobs and the people with high health dont even feel the effects.

okay i know this sounds stupid, but is Roja's name Radu? or is that Ent's? <_<

"Radu Privantu" <---was meant as an Edit

Radu Privantu = Ent

Maura Privantu = Roja

Sir,

Alot of people have said it now and it is sad that you have not gotten to hear how much we all "the silent majority" really do love EL. It is a silent majority, we play and love it and dont feel the need to bother you or take up your time, and maybe we should have, you would have a better feel for how the whole community feels.

I respect you very much. I appreciate all you and the others have done and I am truely sorry you feel the need to leave even for alittle while. I wish you would stay. You will never please everyone so change it as you like and we will adapt.

Very Respectfully Sandcastle

Well Radu even though we butted heads a few times in forums I just wanted to say thank you for creating such a great game. I really respect you for all the effort you've put into it. If I could offer some advice, please take a nice vacation before starting your single player game. Maybe go see a stress management counselor... LATERZ!!!!!!!!!

I know I am a winner, that's why my next project will be even better and more popular than Eternal Lands :(

That's the spirit :)

Go ahead, have some fun.