Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

Zoom In

I know we can't really make zoom out be any greater in the official client, but can't we increase the zoom in? Reason being is that some things look nicer up close :D

The camera is centered on the players feet at the moment. If it zooms in any more, you won't be able to see your own head :D

That's the original reason for the limitation. The zoom-in as it is now is actually a pretty simple bit of code (made slightly more complicated since I added the smoothing code to it), and it probably needs to be a bit "smarter" to make zooming in further look nice.

I mentioned on this thread the need for some better camera control:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8620

yea. camera code as it is now sux. If u remove the limits and move it down to 0 degrees u will see objects that would be behind the camera on the screen. having world coordinates of the camera and using gluLookat would be fun. i played around with that but it broke the frustum culling. :/

with world coordinates of the camera we could let it collide with objects. would be great for the autocamera.

There is still more room to zoom though, can you guys at least make it zoom in until the tip of the players head hits the top of the screen?