Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
krazykat

Rules Suggestion

Rule #9 states:

9. No multiple accounts on at the same time, that help each other. That is, it's OK to have two characters online, if one stays and does nothing, or does something totally different than the other, and they don't interact (trade, exchanging items, train on each other, etc.)

But I've been told that dropping a bag, logging out character one and then logging in character two and gettint the bag is against the rules. But since this type of player never has two accounts on at the same time it sounds like rule 9 was not broken.

Either let it be allowed, or get rid of the "at the same time." just to avoid confusion.

The problem is they are still interacting and you are doing it on purpose to try to circumvent the rules.

In regard to what seems a pretty general opinion that making a bag for whatever reason is totally your own risk (see this topic), I think it's rather strange that you're not allowed to leave some stuff in a bag, log out, log in with another char, and pick it up. Same risk, no?

• I suggest: disable the login of another character from the same IP within 15 seconds after one has logged out.

This covers the hole in the rule and totally goes allong with the bag risk.

The rule is OK.

9. No multiple accounts on at the same time, that help each other.

There is no "online" specification there. If you have multiple characters (that are online or offline) the rule still applies, since you have multiple characters.

Its the "on at the same time" that is the ambiguous part...it does imply that you could make the bag, log off, then log on a second char to get the bag and it would be within the guidelines...

The rule is OK.

9. No multiple accounts on at the same time, that help each other.

There is no "online" specification there. If you have multiple characters (that are online or offline) the rule still applies, since you have multiple characters.

Are you saying the "on" part of that statement does not imply online? What is it supposed to imply then? I can't possibly think of another meaning.

The way that rule is worded I couldn't possibly interpret that as anything else other than 2 accounts online EL at the same time, meaning an item bag drop from one char, then log off, then log on another char would be legal (Not saying that it is legal obviously, because I know it is not, but that is what that rule implies) OR just giving the stuff to another person in game to give to your other character.

I definitely think it should be reworded, I can't possibly see someone looking at that rule alone and infer that a bag drop transfer or character transfer isn't perfectly legal.

-edit-

You also might want to add an IP clause. The way that is worded, no 2 accounts AT ALL can help eachother, meaning even if I have no idea who the person i am trading with is it would be against the rules.