Eternal Lands Official Forums
Adyna

First Edition Of El Newspaper About To Be Issued

the main problem with the email being the actually "newspaper" is that there are alot of people who would read it, but dont want to go out of there way to send an email. And a site just has more all around access.

btw i signed up =D

Doesn't anyone have a real mailing list they can set up? As far as I know, hotmail sites can't be automatically managed...

I'm sure there's plenty of free mailing list software out there, anyway. :D

how about a yahoo group ? those are free mailing list rights ? and since it works by emailing everyone, you can still publish the paper in whatever format you're using.

btw i signed up too ofc, but still didn't get anything... talk to you guys ingame :D

I signed up and recived the first issue. Just to set one thing straight, I did not leave the revenge in the ruins event, I just logged off Lord_Vermor and stayed on Nera. :D

A good reporter would set your facts straight before writing it :lol:

Well you better make it online somehow i will not do it by email for 2 reasons. #1 you have not stated what format it will be sent in. #2 I do not open attachments at all. #3 I said there were 2 reasons lol

sorry guys iv been at work today and wasnt able to email the 1st issue while i was sleeping at 5am.

to rya: there are no attachments, all images in the paper are stored at freewebs :angry: and i havent stated what format its gonna be in? its an email u idiot.

you like a few other people are just too lazy to send an email to the address.

and it will not be necessary to host the paper on a website as we have almost 25 readers now :angry:

we have 42 readers now B)

and we r going to put this newspaper online aswell as email for the people who want to read it that way. however those who receive in the mail will get the newspaper sooner than the website.

Are you guys aware you quoted a fight between two people in your first issuse with out permision from either of persons in the fight or even talking to either of them to see what the real fight was actually all about....

storys are good and all but some of the reporters need to do a little more investigating... and next time you quote someone like that you should ask for there permission you dont want to get them pissed like mother nature and take 17 hp from you or send the evil bees after you or callapes a cave wall on you or nothing B)

^^^

Means i am a reader as well

well i am only mentioning it because it was miss quoted and the reson for the arguement had nothing to do with the story behind it....

btw non of the pictures show up in my email there all little red X's

Are you guys aware you quoted a fight between two people in your first issuse with out permision from either of persons in the fight or even talking to either of them to see what the real fight was actually all about....

storys are good and all but some of the reporters need to do a little more investigating... and next time  you quote someone like that you should ask for there permission you dont want to get them pissed like mother nature and take 17 hp from you or send the evil bees after you or callapes a cave wall on you or nothing  B)

^^^

Means i am a reader as well

We have and will continue to report the newz as we see it. In the majority of cases we do not ask for permission.

If u don't like this then all i can say is Tuff, (perhaps you are taking the game a bit too seriously)? :P

Adyna, Ediror-in-chief

The EL Times - Legends in the making

I think what she means is if you dont want people to know about it, dont talk in a channel or a local chat.

hey i was just sugesting you mention to some one when your going to quote them.... and next time dont miss quote...

I hereby label the EL Times a tabloid.

All you need are some paparazzi screenshots (Roja on the beach, Ent with another lover, the little alien that lives in Moonie's head, me reprogramming Dick Cheney's cyborg brain . . .)

So where is this tabloid then ??

I see all talk about putting it online, but still no show. :D

If you got the text ready, how hard can it be to slap it on a site ? :P

ember, there is ALOT of shit in RL newspapers that talk about people who would rather not have themselves be in the newspaper =P

There is now an official NEWZ guild although anyone can join, but of course if u want to become a reporter for 'The EL Times' it makes it easier for everyone to be in the same guild. This is not mandatory however.

The EL Times - Legends In The Making

we have a tabloid type section labeled 'gossip' any1 who has any gossip can stick it in there :(

about the site: when issue2 is released, we will put issue1 on a site, people who sign up for the paper via email will receive their copy sooner.

iv been away for the past 5 days so work on the paper was reduced by 50% but now im back and ready for action :blink: iv sent the paper to all the people who signed up in the past 5 days and we now have 60 approx subscribers :huh:

Err..is it just me, or did Issue 2 contain absolutely nothing in it? I mean, the email size is 30kB, but when I open it, there's nothing displayed there. It displays like an empty message - all there is is the usual MSN signature at the bottom.

makourain, could you try resending it to me?

-Lyn-