Eternal Lands Official Forums
Adyna

First Edition Of El Newspaper About To Be Issued

The first edition of 'The El Times' is about to be released.

The first issue contains the full report of the recent wars, Celebrity Gossip and hot off the press is an interview with one of the of the top players MetalKid, plus much, much more.

We name and shame and tell u like it really is. Got something to say? Then say it in the EL Times.

Subscribe to this free newspaper by emailing theeltimes@hotmail.com or speak to Adyna or Makourain in EL.

Subscribe now before we run out of copies! :unsure:

The EL Times - Legends in the making

Well it would be cool if some responsible people would manage EL Times and spread it using mailing list

I could setup ezmlm but that requires bloody qmail to works and I will rather die than install qmail so

if someone wants...

But I think first make some page, with EL Time and show the link on forum. If it will be ok probably

Roja or Entropy will link to it from el.com. If it will be really cool you, guys, can think about some mailing

list to do as an option...

Regards.

It's great to see someone is putting in the time and work to

do this.... good job.. :unsure:

Tigger

Yea.. who's metalkid? there's like.. 4247382749 people who keep popping up with major fighting stats and 50-70 in any random other skill...

The first edition of 'The El Times' is about to be released.

The first issue contains the full report of the recent wars, Celebrity Gossip and hot off the press is an interview with one of the of the top players MetalKid, plus much, much more.

We name and shame and tell u like it really is. Got something to say? Then say it in the EL Times.

Subscribe to this free newspaper by emailing theeltimes@hotmail.com or speak to Adyna or Makourain in EL.

Subscribe now before we run out of copies! :unsure:

The EL Times - Legends in the making

That'll be one big newspaper to write. :) But I bet you could do it.

we need to get a group of people doing this and bring up the old EL newspaper site!!!!

cuz a newspaper would just be 1337

@adyna - i suggest you talk to roja/ent about bringing this to the next level, and have it be more of an EL-wide newspaper

we need to get a group of people doing this and bring up the old EL newspaper site!!!!

cuz a newspaper would just be 1337

@adyna - i suggest you talk to roja/ent about bringing this to the next level, and have it be more of an EL-wide newspaper

Maybe we could get it implemented into the game, where it was broadcasted if a new paper had come out. Then you can visit an NPC ingame, buy it for 100, and have a separate button come up for reading the paper.

Take some cash out of the economy and add some interesting flavor to it.

wow finally someone wants to continue with this project :(

I'd like it if you'd ptu the newspaper on a website and not send emails. If the page is really good i'll put a direct link to it on our main page. Oh and I did make an EL times banner if you want it..just let me know.

the idea was that this newspaper would be delivered weekly using a mailing list.

having it on a website would not be practical since it would not be coming in the mail and the format which we have chosen.

all you people are like "well if someone else gets signs up for it then ill sign up" well u gotta take the first step and say u want to receive it.

Roja that banner would be great :P please sent it to theeltimes@hotmail.com

and one last thing

U know what... i don't want to have my email box spammed, so just post a link to a website where u dump this EL times of urs...

noob :D

I already signed up for the mailing list (of course) :D. So now all those that said "If someone else signs up for it then I will"...here's your chance.

By the way, I think you're going to have to archive them eventually, so why not use the website for archives, but keep the mailing list for the newest edition?

-Lyn-

we dont want to put it on a website, we want to strike out on our own.

tropicano would never let us use the old el newspaper site anyway.

this way is traditional and functional, all you have to do is say yes.

i was gonna archive them inside theeltimes@hotmail email address, but lyanna that isnt such a bad idea..

the thing is, we have a whole action plan and marketing strategy that is dependant on people signing up for this using their email.

the idea is that the newspaper gets sent to every1 on the list at once, but atm people r signing up one at a time so to begin with they will receive the paper as they come until the next issue is released.

only 1 person has signed up so far :D

Haha... I just read it. Brilliant! :P:D :D

Very good work, EL Times team! I spotted no language errors in my first run-through (besides those in the conversations - but I presume you kept them there for realism), so well done Adyna and makourain. Bladestorm, Fearn and Stargaze, nice investigative reporting on the Wars! Interesting to see how you managed to sneak in... :):D Maybe you guys need to form a NEWS guild, to get special permits next time... or do you like playing the paparazzi role? :)

I can now see why you need an email - the layout is suitable for that (although I still think it's possible to convert it into a website...). You might want to do something about the layout design, though (yes, the pics didn't come out, and the Revenge in the Ruins title was misaligned). Get the EL Times banner from Roja. If you can find a layout artist, to design the stuff (like the classified ads) that would be even better.

I especially liked the Celebrity news - both the gossip and the interview (although I've never heard of MetalKid before either...). The gossip was wicked, spicy, intriguing - exactly what it should be. :)

All in all, a very good first edition! :) Keep it up! Can't wait to read next week's one...

-Lyn-

i just want to reiterate that all u have to do to sign up is send an email to theeltimes@hotmail.com saying u want the paper.

u dont have to tell any1 u r getting it if u dont want to, its completly free.

i just want to reiterate that all u have to do to sign up is send an email to theeltimes@hotmail.com saying u want the paper.

u dont have to tell any1 u r getting it if u dont want to, its completly free.

Ok i signed up :D

Tigger

thankyou all for your support :D only 3 people so far tho :\

and dont forget to check the classifieds section, if there is somthing u want to buy or sell it might be in that section. PLUS if u want to buy or sell somthing and have your advert put into the newspaper please send an email to theeltimes@hotmail.com or PM makourain or Adyna

Why the heck not i will read it sounds fun to me, to hear about how everything goes in the game :P good idee btw i hope it works out good this time.

I signed up too, but since i have a Yahoo address, i'm afraid it will end up in the 'Bulk' spam folder.

I like the ideea, but plz try to make it a site, that's much better.

Why would you want to use tropicano's old site? If possible, it would still be a REALLY REALLY better idea to put it on a website, at least the archives like Lyanna suggested. If people want to sign up for the email edition that's fine..but some don't :P Besides, you can't have as many pictures and such.

I've always envisioned a real newspaper like site for EL (www.nytimes.com).

I think its an excellent idea. It adds more to the community, and brings things together a little more.

Dont worry about people not signing up, it'll soon catch on, you'll see :P

Could you not offer a sub-domain on www.eternal-lands.com?

i.e. times.eternal-lands.com or whatever?

If you didnt want to hand access accounts out, the guys doing the paper could just send whoever the content, and it could be uploaded? Probably quite time consuming, but one option.

Plus, with a subdomain as its site, it keeps everything together.

placid i think u might be onto somthing there :D

there were people who had emailed saying they wanted to get the paper, but their emails went into the junkmail section. the subscriber account now stands at a healthy 14 :D!

Ask if someone is willing to donate a website...or i'll try to find someone. But please don't give up on the website idea, because i'd go to a website 100% faster than i would join an email mailing list. Personally i hate reading anything but personal mail for email..i'd much rather look on a website. Don't bash me on this, it's just my own opinion.

And no we can't give EL subdomains out and such unless I work on the website..we all know what happened the last time we did that.