Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GuineaPig

Harvesting Cap

Well, since the previous topic is closed and I just thought better late than never, here it goes :(

I think this actually is a good idea, although it needs some adjustments. For example, I agree with most people that 200 is a bit few, but think about it. Items will get much more rare and the prices will go up. I mean yea it sounds bad, but you can get a full equipment (tit serp, tit chain, etc.) in 1 week. I don't like that. I don't like the 'spawning of resources' either, since I played runescape before (where the spawning thingy is used) and it sucks if you're new to the game. Because if you're a low lvl harvester, you fail a lot and you can't beat the better harvesters mining the same rock and you won't get any resources. So I think the only way for this idea to work is to use the harvest cap, but only more than 200, like 400 or 500 or so.

The disadvantages people mentionned are not really disadvantages:

1. yes, alchemy will be a lot harder, but the way it is now, you can be a lvl 50 alchemist in no time. In comparison to other skills, alchemy is the easiest to raise.

2. manufacturing won't be much harder, since I (and probably everyone) use pants to lvl myself. I buy the ingredients for pants (leather and thread) in the shop now anyway.

3. crafting will be harder, but you can solve this by reducing the prices in the shops, for example for silver and gold bars.

I think this idea will work, if the harvest cap is higher than 200, prices in the shops (for which you can buy items) will be lowered and the chance to make enriched/modable items will be bigger.

Let me know what you think about it...

GP

guys...you may think it's a bad idea, but at least give people credit for trying by not being rude & sarcastic about it.

guys...you may think it's a bad idea, but at least give people credit for trying by not being rude & sarcastic about it.

It's good to be thinking about and trying to do stuff..... lot better than not doing anything at all.... maybe have only so many things can be harvest from each spot , for each person for each hour.... like it runs out and has to grow more (for flowers and vegs)

Tigger

Here's a good idea roja, add soem new stuff instead of thinking about doing all these negative to make macroing impossible, i can't quote him exaclty but ent did say it cannto be fully stopped. If i were you roja go around and try to find some people who will be willnig to write a paragraph or two fri or saturday for a sunday paper.

i agree

add more stuff, don't take things away ;)

that's the way to make ingame money disappear.

Ohhhhhh.... Soooo Sorry I forgot that Ent would never be rude or sarcatic to any of us.

Awe, well f*$k, can I go ahead and put my apeal in???

~E.S.

Sure, but it I already made up my mind about it.

I'll implement it in a RPG only server (RPG as in different from power playing).

The biggest problem I see is for manufactures and crafters. Money will be very tight for them. The only ppl who willbe able to afford it will be people who...Macro! Or kids who log on for 4 minutes every hour 8 hours a day.

Second problem is what to do with the other 56 minutes an hour. Kill monsters is the only answer. With everyone killing, the spawns will be camped, and soon everyone will have all the stuff they need and never goto market at all.

Too many fighters and too many drops are already killing the market. Most fighters have great armor & weaps & cash. Most crafters & manuf's have zero cash forever unless their guilds support them.

My two cents.

What happen if got rid npc that sold and brought stuff to game econome cause what learned that npc can be use regulate the market(I am manufactor person and have not made hardly any money from manu stuff basicall only guild member use me)?