Eternal Lands Official Forums
crusadingknight

Missing Textures In Clean Cvs Compile

I just updated, then this was messed up....It wasn't the hud[.c|.h] that caused it; I've already checked.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Just you.

I guess I'll just use my old client then...

Wait, I found the stable source I gathered up for the Gobolinux recipe...fine as of the 25th.

OH, and here is a screenshot: ...it still looks the same. Did you edit anything involving textures when adding Cal3D support cicero? :(

meep.PNG

Well...I tried patching the files from cvs one-by-one, and the client screwed up when I Updated particles.c ...maybe we need:

#ifndef WINDOWS 
#ifndef SUCKY_INTEL_BOARD

#endif
#endif

Did you edit anything involving textures when adding Cal3D support cicero? :P

Nope. the cal3d stuff is all very self-contained at the moment, and if you don't compile with -DCAL3D, you won't get any cal3d changes.

Well...I tried patching the files from cvs one-by-one, and the client screwed up when I Updated particles.c ...maybe we need:

#ifndef WINDOWS 
#ifndef SUCKY_INTEL_BOARD

#endif
#endif

There...compiles and works once I reversed my old particles.c with particles.c 1.20 and added int particles_percentage=100; to make it compile...

Ent, I think there may be some problem with my Intel board, or just Intel Boards in general.

EDIT: Well, something screwy must be going on here, I just read the whole diff, and nothing seems amiss...bah.

Update your drivers.

They're already at the most recent version.

me and my friend too :blink:

and both of us have the most recent drivers

Ent, I think there may be some problem with my Intel board, or just Intel Boards in general.

could it be that we're on notebooks with intel graphics cards? ;):P

Edited by mcdull

Yeah, it must be that code I added to screw with people who use Intel cards :ph34r:

Could you guys post what settings you use (#use_point_particles), contents of error_log.txt and more info about the video card (#texture units and which of the extensions are supported)?

Just the full name of the card should be enough if you don't know its specifics.

(It'll be hard for me to fix it since I neither use Windows, nor an Intel video card, but I'll try...)

I use an Intel 845 (cough, useless card anyway), and since they have notebooks, I assume they both use either Intel 815s or Intel 855s.

Every extension used by EL seems to be supported anyway. error_log.txt of course does not have any errors <_<

...I was going to try to find the problem in the source code, but I have no clue what could be card specific.

What you could do is recompile the whole project with -DDEBUG (assuming, of course, that you don't already use that flag.) Run the game and see if anything shows up in error_log.txt

(Defining DEBUG means that OpenGL errors are logged as well.)

What you could do is recompile the whole project with -DDEBUG (assuming, of course, that you don't already use that flag.) Run the game and see if anything shows up in error_log.txt

(Defining DEBUG means that OpenGL errors are logged as well.)

I'll do that :D

Here we go:

Error: particles.c.draw_point_particle_sys:462 - OpenGL error 1280

(repeated on each scene redraw)

Ok, that's invalid enumerant. So your card probably doesn't support the point_particle extension. Try setting #use_point_particles=0 in the el.ini file.

If that helps, it's just a matter of the client wrongly detecting that you have an extension you don't.... I think I can even see the error in the code. :D

You still get exactly the same OpenGL error?

Are you sure your card supports GL_NV_point_sprite or GL_ARB_point_sprite, then? (And in that case, which one?)

Now the logging of error has disappeared...eek :blink:

Hm, I'll find out.

GL_ARB, it seems...

Edited by crusadingknight

Now the logging of error has disappeared...eek  :o

#use_point_particles=0 means the function where the OpenGL error was isn't called anymore...

GL_ARB, it seems...

I have GL_NV_point_sprite, but they should work the same way (for the purposes of this game, anyway.)

Anyway, since the same error still appears when point particles aren't used, the problem must be something else...

If you're willing to experiment a bit, You could try commenting out parts of the code to see what causes this. Start by commenting out the display_particles() call in draw_scene.c (I'm guessing this will make it work fine, except of course that the particles aren't rendered.) Then move into the display_particles function and so on.

I commited an update to how the point_sprite extension is detected, by the way.

not sure if u still need this, [been busy with school]

i'm on an Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller

not sure which one my friend is using, but we both have this in the error_log.txt file:

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/fontv.bmp

hope that helps

Edited by mcdull

Guest Zeplin

Maybe i can build a copy, disabling some of the code, And post it some place, for the Intel users to try, and see if we can resolve this, give me a little time to arrange some hosting etc.

Zeplin, the Intel users can already use it...just only with version update 1.20, or whenever the new system was added. (Which is better than 1.23 with missing chunks).

Turbo w00t-age!

Here we go-everything works on removing glEnable(GL_CULL_FACE); on line 488 (or maybe 489, some things got editted) in void display_particles().

I took this to another level of experimentation, and, or course, it all works by adding glDisable(GL_CULL_FACE); at line 520 (or maybe 521), after unlock_particles_list(); in void display_particles()....

Wait, scratch all that, here's the diff:

--- elc/particles.c	Sat Oct 23 05:52:37 2004
+++ particles.c	Sat Oct 30 08:49:50 2004
@@ -516,6 +516,7 @@
  	 }
	 }
 unlock_particles_list();
+	glDisable(GL_CULL_FACE);
 glPopAttrib();
 check_gl_errors();
}