Eternal Lands Official Forums
Rya

Newbie Helper

Why are there not any newbie helpers on later at night. Evertime i wanna do a contest, Quest or just an El walkthru where the noobs follow me and i teach them stuff no one is here to announce it. This is why i wanna be a NH dDo i get any votes?

More specifically, the time zone that Rya is referring to is 2 AM - 8 AM Central USA time, or about 4 AM - 12 NN UK time. Best way would probably to get an NH from Australia, or regular late-nighters along the Californian coast.

-Lyn-

If your doing newbie walkthrough's u could of course just announce on the Newbie Channel, as thats not spam, and its completely relevant for newbies.

Why are there not any newbie helpers on later at night. Evertime i wanna do a contest, Quest or just an El walkthru where the noobs follow me and i teach them stuff no one is here to announce it. This is why i wanna be a NH dDo i get any votes?

I was a night Newbie Helper. Anyway I decided to suspend my newbie helping and playing this game for

indeterminate time because buying stats it not acceptable for me. Sorry.

Regards.

Subtlety is not your strong point is it Plat :P

You maybe right Rya, perhaps there should be NH's on at night, but some of us do sleep you know :P :lol: :ph34r:

There are other ways than asking NH's for #bc's when annoucing things. Except for contest etc... You can just announce them at beam, tell people to send the word around, and announce on general chat etc.

Subtlety is not your strong point is it Plat :P

You maybe right Rya, perhaps there should be NH's on at night, but some of us do sleep you know :P :lol: :ph34r:

There are other ways than asking NH's for #bc's when annoucing things. Except for contest etc... You can just announce them at beam, tell people to send the word around, and announce on general chat etc.

Possibly. I am still shocked and no idea what to do.

Anyway I was full time NH - I could play at work and I was playing when I couldn't sleep at night.

So very offten I was the one Newbie Helper online.

Regards.

I was just joking anyway :P

I dont want to go off topic, but you are a good part of the community Plat, you have always been helping out etc... and you have contributed in the way you can, by sharing your knowledge. By saying

'I am still shocked and no idea what to do.' i hope ur not thinking of leaving, some people will be teh s4d :ph34r::P

I also think there are enough nh's atm....If someone wants something announced and an nh/mod isnt on, cant they just wait?

I dont think your reason for being an NH is a valid one. If it was more like no one to moderate the channels and mute/kick/denoob people, then I'd say sure, we might need one more for late nights. But if you are only saying this because you cant get announcements, Im sorry but thats just stupid.

Well Lord i am shocked you think that is the only reason. I have talked to Roja about how the noob channel is unmodderated at night and one night it got really nasty on there. The reason I stated the contest scenario is that I Had spent an hour thinking and writing a quest to do and tiras"Sorry Tiras" sad it was bedtime. Now as far a being a noob helper I do visit the noob channel alot. I do walkthrus announced or not to new players. And I have a vast understanding of the game. Look at my stats for that. I am a sharing individual ask anyone including yourself. Now I offer my services"I consider it an honor even thou some nh complain" to help ent and the whole El crew bring more players into the game and at least give them a chance to suceed. I got about 20 people a night that are considered newbies pming me asking questions and I help them all. so in a way i am a vigalante nh lol since i am not an official one. And I am disapointed no one has even said yeah rya would make a good nh!!!! gee whiz. I do not want praise i want this game to suceed and the biggest way is to make new people want to stay that will increase chance of incoming money for ent. There are a lot of things if some one just starts the game. One thing is once someone has been here a week they get in a rut. Thats where i think i can really help alot too i mean look at my stats i went a diff way then most from restart i started on pots right away so i could fight not fight and use fast regan and sit and hope a friend made weopons i killed for my first weopons. well anyways if i am not worthy of nh status ill just stay away from the noob channel and so on and mind my own business. But please at least get a nh on late night usa time.

Guest Zeplin

Well lord, there are a few Australians in UTi, When most of us are on, there is rarely in NH or helper to announce our comps.

And I try to stay away from market channel during those times. to many flames, abuse and off topics.

So doesnt it make sence to add someone for that timezone?

Ive spoken and done deals with Rya several time, Definatly honorable. probably the best candidate I could think of.

rya is a top notch guy, well known and respected. as anyone who actually plays will know.

would get my vote for an NH ;)

hey well guess what

no matter how bad you want to be an NH you dont fucking ask, cuz i did once and it completely shitted all my chances for being one. You get asked to bve an NH cuz if every would post something that says they want to be an NH then almost everyone would do it.

so dont post in here about wanting to be, or have other people say how great you are and that you should be an NH

Thanks to you guys that said rya is worthy and for you mike time to get an attitude adjustment. There is to much negativity in EL and i am here to change that nh or not. So feel free to say what ya want just pls pls do not try to make a donut out of a whole.

Oh yeah woot Elise level 50 means never a miss or loss on pots u go!!!! i am at 53atm trying to feed whichever guild wants me when they need them lol

rya is a top notch guy, well known and respected. as anyone who actually plays will know.

would get my vote for an NH :)

I see him helping a lot.... would make a great NH... not a easy job in this game for sure....lol

Tigger

Thing is...the way you said it in the first post sounds like the only reason is to announce contests. I reread it a few times and I still think it sounds that way.

Im not trying to be a nag about it, thats what it just sounded like. I do agree, however, we need another NH for when no others are on. I might just have to stay up realy late this weekend and see whos doing a good job :lol:

I know this is not a popularity type of a job and so on. But only reason I have posted here is if I am going to help noobs i would rather help a mass instead of taking a few a week under my wings. Laerners bot seems to be a great idea the one next to the wraith. Well learner good start thats the kind of thing i been hoping for a help bot. Peace end of post pls lock.......

I agree with Rya, there definitely needs to be more NH's and/or mods on during the late night time periods. I live in the EST and by 9pm its dead. EL doesn't shut down when europe goes to bed :D

And what exactly would be wrong with Rya being a NH? I think he is eminently more qualified than several I can think of and is nicer too. (And no, I am NOT refering to teh banned 0n3na so don't even go there).

I think EL late night needs more than one new NH...somebody who actually makes these decisions should consider this seriously, and consider Rya also.

MikeH...you aren't a NH???????????????? :angry:

Small part of Europe has insomnia and is EL cerber when big part of Europe is sleeping and big part

of the America is working. Rya is good person but he has too quick temper and small thing can piss

him off so...you know newbies can be evil and annoying and if you will be a NH you have to be nice for

them - this is how cool is working in help desk. So at nigh NH can be a person who:

Is European and has insomnia or:

Is American and is sysadmin so he can play at work without being fired. ;D

Regards.

hey well guess what

no matter how bad you want to be an NH you dont fucking ask, cuz i did once and it completely shitted all my chances for being one. You get asked to bve an NH cuz if every would post something that says they want to be an NH then almost everyone would do it.

so dont post in here about wanting to be, or have other people say how great you are and that you should be an NH

I asked. I asked politely, and stated valid reasons.

I can already see why you were not made one.

Small part of Europe has insomnia and is EL cerber when big part of Europe is sleeping and big part

of the America is working. Rya is good person but he has too quick temper and small thing can piss

him off so...you know newbies can be evil and annoying and if you will be a NH you have to be nice for

them - this is how cool is working in help desk. So at nigh NH can be a person who:

Is European and has insomnia or:

Is American and is sysadmin so he can play at work without being fired. ;D

Regards.

Sort of like the monkey see - monkey do problem with spamming and off-topic chat in the market eh Plat?

People have their misgivings, but I would like to state that I never received the memo that made you the EL shrink. So, I'll get to the topic before my post is deleted by Learner, and teh banned 0n3na has to defend herself in 12 posts or less: Rya is knowledgeable in all areas of the game and has the time to play/help, which are the reasons I gave Roja when I asked for a position.

That are usually not newbies who spam and talk offtopic on market channel Jride.

I am talking about people who play their first RPG and I don't want underestand what are you talking

about while answering their questions - it can piss off everyone. Also I am not looking like a potential

NH by that if I like him or not and I think some people does - it is really bad, people should be objective.

Regards.

Well I based my opinion of Rya on observation. He is very knowledgeable of the game, he has been very nice to me and anyone I have seen him come in contact with, and helpful to me and whoever else was around. What else exactly is required of a NH???

Level 60 in patience. ;-) But it is only IMHO.

Regards.