Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Learner

Open Source Map Editor

Could you release the source to the Map editor so that we could fix bugs and add improvements into that as well?

A friend of mine has been using it and one of the first suggestions he had was he'd like to see when you click one of the icons (such as the ground tile mode) that it automatically open the selection window.

We can add it to the same CVS that we are using for the elc development.

Now taking requests for bug fixes and simple improvements for map making!

Try to explain the hows & whats in detail to give the developers a good idea of what your talking about.

If you have a bug fix or patch you'd like to see get applied, let us know and we'll check it out and see about putting it in.

the new map editor that came still didnt work so i transfrs the 3D and 2D files to one of the old Eternal-lands folders i had and it now works but i wanna know why you can only do walking lvs in 20's like:

weres 0.10??

I know a good improvement:

when you select an object, dont recenter it around the mouse cursor. Example: Say that I am placing waterbanks on the map. I rotate the camera a bit and I see that it doesn't align perfectly. It just needs to be 2 pixels to the left so I hit select, I click on the waterbank and *poof* it's on my mousecursor, a long long way from where it was... So I reposition it, check it, see it still off, click it again and yet again *poof* it moves haflway doen the screen to my cursor... Grrrr.....

[cut here. You can guess the rest]

Please make it so that when I select an object, it doesn't get centered on the mouse. I want to select it, move it a bit and drop it again.

Oh, and please correct that irrirating non-working click after you used a windows panel.....

I've got a nice one:

When you've selected a 3D model to place, you place it, then it gets deselected (so you gotta load it all over again to place the same object twice). That's pretty annoying if you're doing river banks/forests/jungles. Just let the object you loaded stay loaded after you place it.

I've got a nice one:

When you've selected a 3D model to place, you place it, then it gets deselected (so you gotta load it all over again to place the same object twice). That's pretty annoying if you're doing river banks/forests/jungles. Just let the object you loaded stay loaded after you place it.

That's what the clone tool is for ;)

Jah, I know, but still, it'd save me alot of time :) Just clicking away madly when I'm trying to make a decent jungle... :)