Eternal Lands Official Forums
Aerowind

3 New Skills

Ok my ideas of skills

Fishing (yes been suggested before)

Cooking (yes been suggested before and denied many times)

Archery (has it been suggested??)

First of all Fishing would come into play first u can buy maybe a wooden pole (can break easily from big fish if u use the wrong bait) ok then there would need to be bait like worms or something then a new animation in rivers to tell u this is a fishign spot (fish jumping out of the water) i don't think there should be a nexus for this or any books (maybe some books to use higher lvl poles) then u click a spot in the water and if it is close enough u'll cast ur line (must be sitting (gives a purpose for sitting)) then u might get a tug on ur pole and u continuosly click in the area where ur pole is and u'll slow reel the fish in or ur pole or line will snap (or u will lose ur bait) that's my fishing idea

now then this can go into cooking cuz then u would have bunch of different kinds of fish u could cook along with veggies, fruits, and raw meat u could have a roasting stick and then u can sit down around one of the campfires (another purpose for sitting) and cook ur meat depending on ur skill u could burn it (items dissapear except roasting stick) i mean then peeps could have more fun and the cooking idea does work in the game

Archery hmmm... well if we use bows wut are u just going to get attack exp?? that's kinda weird O.o so why not make a new skill called archery (of course when bows get implemented) and u can have like archery ranges to practice and stuff like that i think it would be pretty cool

and P2P items i think P2P items should just be more advanced items (like say have a short bow in F2P and all other bows in P2P)

I'd like to see some new skills that I haven't thought of before. When I read a fantasy book, I don't care if the characters go fishing - I want to hear something new, with some imagination.

No offence intended Aero, I'm just stating an opinion.

Or we could have a skill called woodworking for like staves, wooden hammers, and possibly more new items.

wood/leather working we need a name for that skill cuz then metal things can be in a different class :blink: so i'm taking it peeps are liking my idea??

i want cooking!!!!! el NEEDS cooking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EL will be the ub3r3st game if we get a good cooking system, cuz no game really has a good cooking system

ya i know Mike is my cooking system good u think?? the fire essies cooking idea is really gay

I think that a fishing skill is stupid, why wuld it be a skill and what would the point of a fish be?

Cooking...why? Cooking raw meat is the only thing i can see you doing. What else would there be? Sautee'ing veggies or making fruit smoothies?

Archery would be do specific...how about some sort of long distant skill in general.

I think manu is fine the way it is and with the items that can be made with it. Woodworking would be good because it would need new materials and books (like crfting did). They just need to add iron battle hammer mking to regualr manu :blink:

I think that a fishing skill is stupid, why wuld it be a skill and what would the point of a fish be?

Cooking...why? Cooking raw meat is the only thing i can see you doing. What else would there be? Sautee'ing veggies or making fruit smoothies?

just wut u said there tells me u didn't read all of my post u fool read before u post

Still, the best u can get is a fish? How would that help...

And cooking would only work if u had fish <_<

well, we could sort the meat into different categories, like rabbit meat, boar meat, deer meat and each meat heals more and requires higher level

did no one see my post? NO ONE THINKS ITS A GOOD IDEA :blink::blink:

well, we could sort the meat into different categories, like rabbit meat, boar meat, deer meat and each meat heals more and requires higher level

did no one see my post? NO ONE THINKS ITS A GOOD IDEA ;):angry:

hmmm it's not bad it would work but i still like fish

NO

-- horses (for riding)

-- cooking

-- fishing

-- making leather

-- first person view

-- faster movement

-- unique attributes for items

i just found that in the pinned section so this topic is a no go ;)

hey i don't care it's still my idea and i'm sticking to it this game would be much cooler with it

aero...im sorry but this is just stupuid you even suggested it. Do you think ur opinion in this matter will change what they already decided? I think not. So you say "i'm sticking to it this game would be much cooler with it ". Well who cares, this is a spam post. it shold just be deleted

On the cooking and fishing topic...I think they can be combined into one skill...hm..culinary? But there'd be more than making good food(the better food you make the faster you regain health),you'd also learn how to poison food, and can leave that in bags and be evil...if you are a mage, you can use a show poison food spell, but maybe that would be mroe annoying than anything.

Well, currently from the amount of info we have this is really not worth it as a skill unless some good ideas(and many of them) to actually form it into a skill.

The reason why I like the idea of cooking/fishing is becuase I believe that a game with a lot of variety and things to do is a better game..the more interaction, the more fun. It's stupid not to be able to cook meat in a game like this, I don't like hinderances, even if they seem fairly trivial, it brings more life to our little game world.

More to build the skill on didn't i give u enough??

Now the way Roja says it, it sounds like a really good idea. Aero, ur way was to basic and couldnt have enough secializations for each skill. Roja's, however combined it into one skill and came up with interesting ideas (such as poison food ;) Id love that)

LV u'd agree with nething Roja says u just hate me like i hate u so shut up ;)

yea be able to fish or have meat from rabbit/boar/ext.. cook it make it so it full restores your food lvl and make it so u can store it in your bank maybe make it take up 2 emu instead of 1 if it will full restore

and be able to use the poison spell on the food or cast harm on the food but u could eat it without it hurting u but bag jumpers or should i say food jumpers think twice about takeing your meat... that didnt sound right <_<

Fishing...well I don't care if it would be implemented or not. It would be nice.

Cooking would be great but got denied so it is closed topic.

Roja, combining it has no sense because fishing rather fits to hunting...anyway making stuff from fishes

like filets from raw fish would be very nice. And about archery, if bows will be implemented it would be

needed, I don't know how bow can give you attack or defence exp if there is no contact with opponent.

Hmz, it would also be good competition for attack/defence skills because at high level archery you could

kill a hostile monster or player from the distance.

Regards.