Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Red_Dragon

Dev-c++ Doesn't Work

Guest Red_Dragon

Hey everyone I just downloaded this game and everytime i make a character or sign in it just Comes up error with

Dev-C++

what is that and how do i fix it

Tell us exact, whole error message. It will me more helpful.

Regards.

Guest Red_Dragon

Developed using the Dev-C++ IDE has encountered a Problem and needs to close We are sorry for the Inconvenience

I have seen this sort of post before, and it looks as though it maybe an unsupported video-card problem.

What is your system specification, especially your video card?

You may have to update drivers or even get a new card, but before you go to such drastic measures, post your system specs here please :)

Once again, will whoever is compiling the Windows version PLEASE change the description to "Eternal Lands" or anything other than the default Dev-C++ description?

Once again, will whoever is compiling the Windows version PLEASE change the description to "Eternal Lands" or anything other than the default Dev-C++ description?

What difference would it make?

To the OP: Did you try to download the patch listed in the first thread in this forum?

What difference would it make?

At least they will blame us for bad code, and not dev-c++ :rolleyes:

Guest Guest_Hulk

I get this error when running XP. This is on my laptop AMD Opteron Processor Dublin 2800+. Also it doesn't have nvidia video but VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro.

What happens is I get to the point where I type my username and password and when I click Login I get the error.

I would test this computer with the Linux version but I can't get on the Internet with Linux because I using PeoplePC internet and it's not Linux friendly. So until I get home (3 weeks) I can't play my favorite game. :blink:

Also I did install the patch, but I still get the error.

Any suggestions?

I would test this computer with the Linux version but I can't get on the Internet with Linux because I using PeoplePC internet and it's not Linux friendly. So until I get home (3 weeks) I can't play my favorite game. :(

Absolute rubbish, just because your ISP may only have windows versions for its softare, doesnt mean you cant connect with linux. If your on dial-up you can connect with linux (just enter the dial-up number and user pass into kppp, duh! :ph34r:), and even if you have adsl, you can connect with Linux.

Depending on whether its dial-up (which as long as there are winmodem drivers for your modem, or if you have a LinModem) means that you can connect with linux. If your using adsl, eciADSL (eciadsl.flashtux.org) is a great driver that is compatible with many adsl modems.

I reckon you should give it a go with linux :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this