Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LEXIC

Few Bugs With Update

Sometimes when fighting orcs, whenever they are about to die, I lag up and then it says resync with server. Never had this problem b4 the update.

The mouse icon lags when changing icons. What I mean is, if you put your icon over lets say the flag on a boat, it doesnt change to the door icon right away, theres like a 2 sec lag for me b4 it changes. It gets really annoying when walking, and i put my mouse icon over a house, then I click somewhere else on the ground to walk, but the icon is still a door cause of the lag, and it makes me go into the house.

The mouse icon lag is connected with the increase in frame rate. I'm looking into possible solutions that don't reduce the framerate.

1. The update didn't change anything regarding the orcs deaths.

2. The problem was somewhat improved after this update, especially for those with slow frame rates. What is your FPS?

My framerate is always high (from 60-120) But I talked to alot of people that were on yesterday and they noticed the exact same thing. They were complaining how it was so frustrating to hunt animals, chasing them all over the place because the mouse icon was delaying and when they got close to the animal, once the icon changed it the animal was already gone.

And about the orcs thing, b4 the update it never happened to me once, but just yesterday after the update, it happened to me about 10 times.

Actually I just logged on and seen that the framerate ranged from 20s-50s after this update. I never had a problem with framerate, never was lower then 60 b4 the update.

Well for me and other people i spoke too, it started after this update, I noticed also that my fps dropped alot after this update too, and ent says thats what causes the cursor lag cause he hasnt changed it.

I've had experiance on a slower system with the cursor lag before this update. One thing that appears to make the lag worse is when the fps is fluctuating between a side range of numbers. That appears to be confusing the cursor logic as to when to check what is under the mouse.

Ent, I can go over this or anyone else in more detail. Those with source can also take a look at draw_scene.c ref the logic using main_count and read_mouse_now.

One of the reasons i made the source code available was for people to solve their own problems...

Yup, thats one reason I've been giving as much of as response as I have. Since I don't have what I consider a proper fix (the best would be fast mouse and maxed frame rate) at this time, I'm at least trying to give people seeing the problem the benefit of what I've seen so far.

I referenced you in case you thought you needed anything offline for something that might be a better description.

One option people might try to fiddle around with is patch #55 which is intended to allow tuning a small portion of this code.

Ent has it ever occured to you that not all people that play the game have computer programming background, and I probably am speaking for alot of them when Im saying I have no clue how to fix this problem by myself through the source code.

Yep, most of the people that play EL have NO idea how to even use a sourcecode. I get about 1 second mouse lag but I got used to it and now its easier.

I have always played the game with slow framerate and had not had the problem with the cursor lag until the update. Since the update my fps is improved but the cursor lag makes it almost impossible to enjoy the new map. For some reason cursor delay or lag is worse there than anywhere else in the game.

As for trying to fix the problem myself, I am not a programmer. I play the game. When anyone starts talking about the coding that makes it work I smile politely and nod. I am clueless.

A new comp isn't an option for me nor is anything but dialup. I don't understand why if it was working well for me before it is not working well for me now.

I just want to be able to kill the trolls and not die because my cursor got hung up on an eye or a door.