Eternal Lands Official Forums
Wolf_Lord

El Walkthrough

great job wolflord! I'll add it to our newbie helper links on the main site..in fact I think I should make a page just for newbie guides because we will have too many :P

GOATSGOMOO’S NEWBIE FAQ:

These are the answers to the questions I commonly hear on the newbie help channel.

Q: I’m new. What do I do?

A: First, start off with killing rabbits. You attack something by clicking on it. Then, click on the bag, click on the fur and the meat, then go to the tavern. Press tab, and click just above the orange dot on the map, then press tab again. At the tavern, you can sell the meat and fur for 1 gc apiece. Then you can buy bread for 1 gc apiece.

Q: How do I eat?

A: Double right click on food in your inventory. You can’t eat raw meat, and you can’t cook it either.

Q: Why can’t I drink stuff?

A: There is no drinking of wine, ale, and mead.

Q: Then what is wine, ale and mead for?

A: You make pots (potions) with them.

Q: Where are the swamp candles?

A: On Isla Prima, the starting island. Type #beam me up and go south until you hit the river. There will be a row of plants there, and one of them is the swamp candle.

Q: What does stand for?

A: IP = Isla Prima, the starting island. WS = White Stone. To get there from Isla Prima, go south to the docks and take the ship by clicking on the banner. WSC = White Stone City. It is the city in the White Stone map. DP = Desert Pines. To get there, take the ship in White Stone. CC = Crystal Caves, the western caves in the Desert Pines map. VotD or VOTD = Valley of the Dwarves. To get there, take the ship in Desert Pines with the bear banner. PL = Portland. To get there, take the ship in Desert Pines with the anchor banner. GP = Grubani Peninsula. To get there, take the ship in Portland that is south of the ship from Desert Pines. There are monsters that will attack you here. KF = Kilaran Field. To get there, go to Valley of the Dwarves, then go west into the graveyard and click on the sign. This is a PK map, and there are monsters that attack you.

Q: Where is a bank/storage?

A: There are 4 storages Raven in White Stone in Grahm’s village Grim in Desert Pines in the desert near the big lake Molgor in Valley of the Dwarfs in front of the flower shop and William in Portland down past the fruit stand

Q: Why can’t I store some stuff?

A: You can’t store food (raw meat counts as an animal item). You can’t store books that are not rare (monster drops ONLY).

Q: What color dot is [store]

A: Purple dot = Blacksmith, Orange dot = Tavern, Pink dot = Flower shop, Yellow dot = Magic shop, and Green dot = General store

Q: How do I PM?

A: To pm (private message) type /name message

EX: /tirashazor gimme all ur forking gold or I will pwnz0r j00 in t3h KF!!~!11!

Short names work too.

EX: /tiras gimme all ur forking gold or I will pwnz0r j00 in t3h KF!!~!11!

and // will PM the last person that PMed you.

Finally, call them PMs, PM’s, PM’S, or pm’s, not PMS or pms.

Q: I am stuck in a house!!~!11!

A: Turn your view with the arrow keys/holding down the middle mouse button/mouse wheel and moving your mouse left and right. Then click the door. If you are still stuck, type #beam me up.

Q: I am not getting any harvest xp.

A: You there is a 120 harvest xp limit, meaning that you only get harvest xp for the first 120 items you harvest. You must be logged in during the hour change for the limit to reset.

Q: How long is an in-game hour?

A: One real hour, but it’s off from real life.

If there is any missing information or one of the answers isn’t clear, contact me in game or on the forums and I’ll fix it as soon as possible.

Can somebody do something with this... i dont have a webpage and i dont feel like paying for a server...

Guilds are 'bout to bring certain ppl from the same profession together but basically its 'bout friendship in EL. Guilds bring friends together.

In terms of game mechanics, what difference does it make being a member of a gulid?

Being in a guild can be helpful for levelling up your character. Get some guildmates to help you gather stuff for alchemy or manufacturing, or have them run the stuff you make to the storage so you don't lose it. And if you're trying to level at fighting, it can be nice to have a chaperone around who can pick up the stuff you drop if you die.

Goatgomoo: I will add it to EL.net official FAQ if you don't mind...

Very nice job.

Regards.

I am almost to 69 oa soon to be working 70 oa not to shabby hehe if ya wanna know my advance leveling how i still get a level every other day or so with almost 600k a level pm me ill let ya know if you want my input that is....

*blushes* I appreciate hearing that NeoSeS :P

Got it added this morning..btw, I saw your Section Six, If you want, you can refer some to my Jobs page that I created for some ideas...you may have some better ideas on them, though, but feel free to use EL Manuals for a background if you need to :(

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.