Eternal Lands Official Forums
Saelf

Skills and Market enhancements at game

Just a last try: where did that new recommended level 33 for the S2E come from?

lv28(170k exp)*2 = lv32.5(340k exp)?

Edited by Helklo

Ok, I see where we calculated differently (I calculated the new recommended level such that the number of items to gain a level was the same)...

That seems to work for manu, as the most important items all give about 5*(rec. lvl) as experience.

Won't work as well for e.g. alchemy, where the higher common items give more than the lower items (e.g. fire essence 6, most other essences ~4,

but bars 5.5-6). Potion is even worse in this respect (SR/BR ~3, extracts ~10) That means that the distance in levels between items will become

larger than it is now, and bridging those levels slower.

Ok, I see where we calculated differently (I calculated the new recommended level such that the number of items to gain a level was the same)...

That seems to work for manu, as the most important items all give about 5*(rec. lvl) as experience.

Won't work as well for e.g. alchemy, where the higher common items give more than the lower items (e.g. fire essence 6, most other essences ~4,

but bars 5.5-6). Potion is even worse in this respect (SR/BR ~3, extracts ~10) That means that the distance in levels between items will become

larger than it is now, and bridging those levels slower.

I dont think alchemy needs any change tbh. Its very easy to level it, and unlike manu, you make money by making essies/bars.

The skills that need change are those that cost a lot to level up or are very slow to level up, that would be sum, man, craft, eng, tailoring and ranged. And im not saying (and never did), that the formula i proposed is the right one, nor did i say it would be the same for all skills. It was just an example how its possible to fix one of a few problems with current skills.

My suggestion wouldnt fix the cost/speed of leveling those skills, nor the market prices, it would mostly affect OA. But it certainly be more attractive to level them up, knowing that you at least get some decent Overall exp, whereas now the only good OA exp comes from a/d, and somewhat OK exp from alc, potion, harv and magic.

Edited by Helklo

It is somewhat bad that the exp gained through leveling mixing skills is less than what it is for a/d. Also, we cannot really state that the mixing skills are very profitable. I think the crafting area of the game (not talking about the skill, but the mixing skills in general) needs a revision. If we make these skills too easy to level, market might get flooded with items, so we need to find a right balance.

How about making items some items harder to make, as in, their required ingredients should be somewhat harder to obtain, but the experience given by them should be huge. This would ensure leveling without flooding.

Just my 2 cents