Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BunnieRabbit

Wraith Quiz

I was thinking, and too often do you see newbies walking around with a horrible pickpoint set up (we've all been there before)

and it would be nice, or not so nice for some, if before you could use the Wraith for the first time you had to take a quiz and pass it with 100% to unlock him.

Example:

Question 1: What does Physique do?

1) Allows you to carry more, do more damage in a fight, increases your health, and reduces damage you take in a fight

2) Reduces damage you take in a fight, increases your ethereal points (mana), makes your summons more powerful, and increases chance to summon 1 additional creature

3) Increases your health, reduces your research time, increases amount of experience you receive, and increases your ethereal points (mana)

In the intro explaining what the test is over, why they have to take it, etc. the Wraith can say: "You can click the '?' icon on the action bar to study what each attribute does", then make it where they cannot take the test with the ency open or something like that:

This will at least give an introduction to the ency, showing how useful it actually is, and give them some knowledge of what exactly attributes are.. and someone that is interested in the game will study the attributes so they can use the Wraith and others will just guess until they have 100% correct, but then again, that's just on them and they will find out later in the game when they #reset that the test was trying to help them. :P

Also, there could be another test on nexuses too. Similar to the attributes quiz.

Hate it or like it, it's only a suggestion :)

Edited by BunnieRabbit

Its a good suggestion but to be honest I doubt that they will really learn much from it. Sure one or another would but on the other hand there might be others that just thinks it's idiotic that you have to do it to be able to play. Would be a good thing if it was optional so you can point a newbie to what ever NPC that has the quiz so they can learn when they are interested in learning instead of forcing them into it.

Its a good suggestion but to be honest I doubt that they will really learn much from it. Sure one or another would but on the other hand there might be others that just thinks it's idiotic that you have to do it to be able to play. Would be a good thing if it was optional so you can point a newbie to what ever NPC that has the quiz so they can learn when they are interested in learning instead of forcing them into it.

You make a good point there, making it optional could be done too:P I just figured if they were forced to do it then they would collect some basic knowledge of it, even if they guess through it all.:) I've playerd games where you have to do something harder than just take a quiz and it wasnt optional.. Although I don't usually stay around games like that long :) so maybe it being optional is a better idea for it

I'm not sure it makes too much sense.

People interested in that, will read-up on pickpoints. People not, will not. And even with knowledge of the encyc you can't properly judge the relative importance and strengths of the single attribs and nexus for this or another character type you envision to build.

Edited by Elke

Personally i feel that allowing players to re-distribute their attributes and nexus points is what should be done. If i am a new playe my first char may have some crazy attributes and odd nexus points, and currently there are 2 ways to fix this. attribute removal and nexus removal stones or reset/make a new char.

I think it would be better to allow people to have 1 re-distribution of attributes. My idea would allow players to re-distribute points at OA lvl "x" and ONLY at that level and ONLY that ONE time.

So i reach OA lvl 100 for example and i can go to the wraith and re-distribute once and only once. If i reach OA lvl 101 then i missed it and can never get it back.

i think that is a better solution.

Personally i feel that allowing players to re-distribute their attributes and nexus points is what should be done. If i am a new playe my first char may have some crazy attributes and odd nexus points, and currently there are 2 ways to fix this. attribute removal and nexus removal stones or reset/make a new char.

I think it would be better to allow people to have 1 re-distribution of attributes. My idea would allow players to re-distribute points at OA lvl "x" and ONLY at that level and ONLY that ONE time.

So i reach OA lvl 100 for example and i can go to the wraith and re-distribute once and only once. If i reach OA lvl 101 then i missed it and can never get it back.

i think that is a better solution.

That's a good idea too. Of course it may be abused in some type of way.. there would have to be something negative to discourage people from abusing it. Like say you lose 4 oa levels after doing it.

So if you do that at 100 OA, after you do it you'll be 96 OA.. make sense?

All in all, I do like your suggestion.:)