Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LEXIC

Death

When we die, have a graphics like for example when goblins die, we would fall to the ground, and in about 3 seconds, respawn at beam up place with no health.

I know that it is easy to get out of hell, but all it is really is a waste of that map. Make the hell map a hunting place for mid level characters, add creatures that are a bit tougher then skeletons like deamons, hell hounds, flying skulls, etc. make the spawn decent so that more then 1 person can hunt there.

Oh yea death should have more concequences. I noticed when the new map was added, people would just take off all their gear, and go explore the new map, and if they die, they would lose nothing. Maybe after each death, we shoud lose some experience in certain skills. Maybe like lose 15% experience from 2-3 random skills.

No, please dont do that experience thing. If you take 15% off of my alchemy thats like 150k exp. Which means several hours of work down the drain. THat would be a bit too harsh i think...

Not that i died recently, but you never know when you stumbe into a garg, or accidentally click on a bear :roll:

about that hunting in underworld. there are newbies that die too. and they would never get out of the underworld if skels, deamons and who know what else kept killing them on the spot. don't forget that you were a noob too.(maybe a long time ago, but you were)

and about that xp think. i think that would just spoil the game.still doing the same lvls all over again. where's the fun there? it would just piss most player of. this game is about fun, not about spending days in front of a cactus and then be affraid to go anywhere, because it may imply next couple of days in front of a cactus just to get back my lvls. i would return to playing enemy territory instead. that would take out action out of the game.(the bit of action there is, for now:-)

Glad to hear that. I have been busting my *** off raising my skills. I would hate to loose that over an accident.

Also, people wouln't be able to train combat on eachother anymore. Combat training usually is a fight till the death where the winning player makes sure that the looser gets all his stuff back. No-one is going to train anymore if you also loose XP.

<adds his vote in support of the underworld>

But i *do* think getting out of it should be made a little harder. A lot of good suggestions have been made, ranging from a small quest to disabling the compass.

The compass can't be disabled, since it's a client only thing, so people could 'hax0r' it.

As for quests and such, I don't know, that would piss off a lot of people...

The compass can't be disabled, since it's a client only thing, so people could 'hax0r' it.

hmmm...good point, didn;t think of that.

As for quests and such, I don't know, that would piss off a lot of people...

how about finding a bot that moves around?

IMHO Ent, you should just keep it the way it is. Maybe some animated lava would be cool, just base the animation in the client so no server cpu is eaten up.

please, this game is supposed to be fun, as is with all games. make quests, make hard monsters, but don't force people to stupidly walk around in pointless maps. the underworld is good the way it is. death is penalized quite hard and that's the way it should be. what's the point of running about, instead of playing the game?

It is just unfair to the players that actually leveled combat/attack/defence, took their time to get really high levels in those. They should be the ones exploring and finding the secrets of the new maps because they deserve it, not some newbies or lower levels in the fighting to just take their gear off and go explore and find secrets, with nothing to lose.

I've played games with experience loss, and I thought it was a really good idea. All it really does is make people fear death, and makes them play with alot more caution, thus making them die alot less. I dont think exp loss would be such a big deal, if you play the game stupid and go fight trolls or cyclopses at a fairly low level then you should get penalized for it.

Also, a way to make this work better, is make a new item - Amulet of Life

This item would be fairly rare and only dropped by monsters. If you are wearing this amulet, and you do die, it saves your experience, so you do not lose any.

If you keep adding suggestions that make the game a little bit easier, then the game will become too easy. Already I think the game is a little bit on the easy side. Gold is fairly easy to get, and with a little bit of gold you can almost do everything to raise most of your levels.

Manufacturing - was good from lvl 1-12 because you actually had to work for those levels, hunting foxes and rabbits to get the items you need. But after level 12, with a little bit of money, you can raise that up to high 20s, even into the 30s in a day or 2, because you can buy everything you need to get your maufacturing exp up.

Alchemy - probably the easiest one to level up with a bit of money. Heck for the higher level alchemy it is even easier cause you dont really need money. From 1-38 Make essences, which you can buy the items to make them. To make a magic essence you just buy 2 flowers at like 15 gold each, and an emerald at 120 i think it is, and then you sell the essence for 100 gold. and you spend not even 50 gold to get 105+ exp. S0 to get lets say 50k exp you only have to spend 24000 gold, which is bairly nothing. AND after level 38, you buy silver bars for 150 gold each, coal for 30 each. You need 8 silver ore and 3 coal which costs you 1290 to buy. And then you just go and sell it for 1400 so your actually making a profit of 110 gold, and your getting all this exp from it.

Potion - same thing you can buy everything you need at a fairly low prise, and get your exp up really fast.

Magic - same thing, buy essences, or even better make essences which would cost you bairly nothing to make, and get that magic exp up really high.

The only skills that are a challenge is havesting and the fighting skills, because you cannot buy the experience, you actually have to go and harvest things, or fight monsters which takes time to find and kill to get that expierence. And thats how all skills should be like.

There are only a few logical ways of dealing with this. 1) Make the prices for the items alot more expensive, that it totally is not worth buying your experience, but its much better, but much more slower to harvest or hunt for your items to get your exp up. or 2) Get rid of the sales of those items and have npc's just to buy items from you, like get rid of selling flowers, and selling ores/coal, or selling essences etc.

every game is a lot easier when you're an experienced character. but it's pretty hard at the start. if the game is hard as hell and you spend hours just harvesting to get any money at all, nobody is going to play. there's going to be 20 people and i wonder what ent would do:-) it's just that you want to get rid of everybody who could explore something before you. so you'll trap them in the hell, no way out for a noob. start playing as a new character if you find the game too easy. make the game harder, i don't care, but don't make people do same things all over again. high lvl characters don't die(at least i don't). so you'll just trap noobs. and this game needs new people. btw, if somebody can explore as a noob, so can you right? or you need the combat/attack/defense, and then the noob is out of the question anyway. i still don't see what we get out of loosing xp.

about potions:

i have yet to see a shop selling bone powder. granted you can park out doing the same potion until the cows come home but that is allways a problem with activity based exp...

but to make the game harder, we could prevent using potions while fighting. than, you would be limited to a monster you're capable to bring down without a full load of potions to feel secured. it's much better way to scare people than loosing xp. if you have full inventory of potions, there is very little risc even in an uncharted territory.

Ludwig you make absolutly no sence. The game is not hard at the start at all. Ive been playing for 3 weeks, im 33/34/33 combat, almost 37 in harv, and almost 40 in alchemy. The game is not hard it is just tiring. If the game is hard, nobody will play???? I dont think so, games are based on challenge, thats what makes people play. And about making money hard to get, i never said anything about that. About making me wanting to get rid of everyone, im not talking about myself since i cannot even take cyclopses and can barly take trolls, im talking about people like krull, who too his time to level all the way up to his 50s in fighting, and for what? People like him should have the prevelage to explore those new lands. And not making people do the same things all over again?, then why the hell do u tell me to level up again starting from a newb????? This game is all about doing things over again. If you need money you harvest cactus/silver AGAIN, if you want fighting exp you go fight monsters AGAIN, if you want to level potion, you go make potions AGAIN. If you lost exp, you go get it back AGAIN. This will not trap newbs, In my time of playing I only died 2 times. One was just me being stupid one was taking a risk. If you play this game and die like 10 times a week, then whats the point of this game? EVERYONE will be high level sooner or later, and that will make the new people not want to play, since there will be so many high levels, that there would be no insperation to get to the top, since you would just be another high level. You do not get anything from losing exp, duh. But what your suppose to realize is that your character does have some restrictions, like exploring, and maybe you shouldn't go explore the new maps or do certain things because there is a panelty, and then you think to yourself, hmm maybe then I should go get that fighting experience up, for a reason.

Duran, thats just for a few potions, we should have something like that for every potion, manufacturable item, and such. Maybe we can only by 1 or 2 things that an item needs to be made, but the third thing can only be hunted for, or harvested for. Not all of the items that something needs to be made should sold in stores.

lex, there is a difference between working hard towards something and working hard towards nothing. people have to see progress. if they don't then they don't play. this game isn't forever. i bet you've been playing almost everyday for past 3 weeks. and you've gained 33 out of 100 lvls. and the first 1/3 is nothing compared to the rest. you're just a beginner after 3 weeks. many games don't last even a week before completions. it's gonna take you many months of gaming between getting anywhere. if i was supposed to play two days to get a single lvl i wouldn't play it and many others too. this game is about exploring, not about clicking on cactus or silver. you don't make sense. instead of making quests, maps etc, you suggest to take down xp whenever you die. doing lvl 30 alchemy all over again for nothing is bloody boring. my point is,make the game interesting.you want to subsitute many quest and a long story by beeing stuck by a cactus, harvesting. you want to do that, then play as a new character if you feel incredibly strong and it sucks. but don't force me to do it. want to make the game more challenging? dump the great items, stat boosting potions etc. make the character first, items second.

Im not talking about that it was easy to get my harvest and fighting skills up, what im talking about when i got to 38 in alchemy in like 2 days because i made some cash, and bought items to gain my exp, something is wrong here.

"this game is about exploring" No it is not. If it was, then i would just create a newbie, and go explore everything and im done. Exploring is a small part of the game. Games that have levels in them, makes people wanna be better then the poeple above them. Thats the main part. To be the best. And to be the best the game relys on you to level up, which is clicking those cactii and silver. Exploring should be like fighting monsters or harvesting. I wanna level up so I can beat up those ogres, i wanna level up so I can harvest titanium, i wanna level up so I am strong enough to explore.

And why do you keep thinking you will not get anywhere with losing experience??? Tell me how many times you die in the last week, and how much exp you got? Lets say you i have around 400k exp right now in combat. I can get like 50k in 20 mins if i wanted to. And took the risk and died what, 1nce in the past week, so i would lose 40k with my 10% exp lose. Think about it, 40k is barly nothing at that rate. But yet I still would be penilized for it.

than if the penalization isn't anything much and really doesn't matter, ent doesn't have to spend time to program that but can do something better. and this game is about exploring. and is about quests(when there are some). my point is, loosing can't be big, and small loosing is pointless. it's just annoying. and that's what games should avoid. it may come to you as a surpirse, but i play it for fun and not as a race, because being better in this game is just a matter of time you have on your hands. i don't really care what lvl are you or anyone else. you have 100? good for you. i want to get somewhere.if you can't live with a thought that i won't race with you, you've got a problem. i'm not racing against anyone. want to measure to other people? play enemy territory. how do you want to measure with someone who started playing 3 months later? really? think about it. anyway, ent says no, and as long as he doesn't change his mind, our flaming is pointless. this loosing xp will only piss off noobs, as you yourself suggested, and we need noobs or this game goes to hell.