Eternal Lands Official Forums
Raistlin

Inconsistency in book read

Hi all,

I just started reading a new book:

You started to research Ice Dragon Cuisses Armor Building. ETA: 1428 minutes.

typing #research confirms it:

You are researching Ice Dragon Cuisses Armor Building. Research points left:20000/20000. ETA: 1428 minutes

If I look into the knowledge window (CTRL+K), there is shown 20000 pages as well, BUT if I hover mousecursor over knowledge bar, it says: ETA: 2500 minutes

I waited a few min, still nothing changes, one counts down from 1428 minutes the other from 2500. Hever had this issue with other books afaik.

Edited by Raistlin

Are you using a recent build from git? I added the knowledge bar to the hud and now calculate the ETA based on the actual reading rate so that the effect of reading rooms is included. The #research command is server based so always shows the standard rate. Quite how this relates to the figures you included I don't know. Are you in a reading room? Do you have positive food?

btw bluap, if I leave the fast reading room before finishing the book, will the knowledge bar reset to standard rate? I think it didn't last time.

btw bluap, if I leave the fast reading room before finishing the book, will the knowledge bar reset to standard rate? I think it didn't last time.

Yes it resets. It will take until the next updates message from the server which is usually around a minute,