Eternal Lands Official Forums
Wizzy

God Please save PK

I dont see diference who use char real owner or someone who bought it, as far as i understand this thread is about unbalanced and overpowered skills in pk like eng etc... not about that you should grind to get some pk etc...

Well if you want to revive PK, you need new people start PKing.

Oh and i don't say you should grind to be able to PK, quite the opposite - but atm it's not possible because of people with ego problems.

This is not a topic about char sales, buying, this is about balance

And groomish is quite right, pk needs new players. But people will get very discouraged if they start to pk and get owned with tricky bombs and ultra harms. No one minds losing, but to get completely owned and blind sided makes one think there may be more fun ways to spend ones time

or a 130s char who is bored with nothing better to do no matter how you look at it somthing will always be there to complain about or try to change just fix a few things not go over board xD

having trained my char from the start,it gives me great pleasure to pk char buyers thats the reason i trained also having a high lvl char dsnt mean your good in pk

same here, trained from scratch

IF u have high lvl char it means u're good in pk, not much to do nowadays, cast MI, use bronze+fa pot up, use summons. thats all

Edited by Alchemic

I dont see diference who use char real owner or someone who bought it, as far as i understand this thread is about unbalanced and overpowered skills in pk like eng etc... not about that you should grind to get some pk etc...

Well if you want to revive PK, you need new people start PKing.

Oh and i don't say you should grind to be able to PK, quite the opposite - but atm it's not possible because of people with ego problems.

Not true. It is very possible. People think its only the newbies who get owned in fact it's not.I go into kf on both my char's, fighter and ranger and i have ppl 20-40 lvls above me coming in attacking me. yes i die sometimes i escape but i keep going back. With a few tweaks likewizzy is saying, a more diversity of players should be able to participate. You have to learn how to pk, dis/tele, other counters. Tweaked armor, imo, would help this and make useless items more used.

My two cents as somebody who's relatively recently chosen to focus on a/d:

I would never step into a pk map as things stand now. Not even for friendly pvp.

1. I flat out refuse to lose gear that would cost at least half of my total gc to somebody else. Just not happening.

2. There are too many over-leveled characters that have no business being ingame. I have no interest in being "owned" by somebody on somebody else's character. There are nowhere near enough people in my own range because everybody has bought an insta-pr0 character somebody else worked on but has now left the game. (Off topic-and what a joke when a bought character announces a level gain. Who the bleep cares when you didn't get the 160 levels before that one.)

3. I refuse to take the risk of being broded on principle. I don't care how low the odds are. That is a horrible item. That is just mean people out to be mean, it has nothing to do with strategy and pk fun.

4. I agree there are overpowered items and overpowered spells ingame that make it not fun and not even worth stepping into the map for, especially in the hands of overpowered characters.

5. People hear the chat in @6 and what the "strategies" are, who's in pk maps and which ones, what the trash talk of the day is, and obviously it is not appealing to bring more in, is it.

6. Believe it or not, back in the old days, I used to hang around in KF with friends. PK used to be booming when levels meant something, you knew who everyone was (none of the constant namechange/character swap garbage), there was a cap (even lower than 48), weapons and armor didn't cost your first-born child, and nobody bought and sold characters. or shared to get 24/7 leveling, or gc farmed for $$ on your alt just to turn around and buy everything ingame from the shop with the money you earned on your other character. Those who cheat the way the game was meant to be played rule pk and it sucks, to be blunt, for everyone else. And in my opinion this problem does belong in this thread because it is a reason people don't go pk. That simple.

My two cents as somebody who's relatively recently chosen to focus on a/d:

I would never step into a pk map as things stand now. Not even for friendly pvp.

1. I flat out refuse to lose gear that would cost at least half of my total gc to somebody else. Just not happening.

2. There are too many over-leveled characters that have no business being ingame. I have no interest in being "owned" by somebody on somebody else's character. There are nowhere near enough people in my own range because everybody has bought an insta-pr0 character somebody else worked on but has now left the game. (Off topic-and what a joke when a bought character announces a level gain. Who the bleep cares when you didn't get the 160 levels before that one.)

3. I refuse to take the risk of being broded on principle. I don't care how low the odds are. That is a horrible item. That is just mean people out to be mean, it has nothing to do with strategy and pk fun.

4. I agree there are overpowered items and overpowered spells ingame that make it not fun and not even worth stepping into the map for, especially in the hands of overpowered characters.

5. People hear the chat in @6 and what the "strategies" are, who's in pk maps and which ones, what the trash talk of the day is, and obviously it is not appealing to bring more in, is it.

6. Believe it or not, back in the old days, I used to hang around in KF with friends. PK used to be booming when levels meant something, you knew who everyone was (none of the constant namechange/character swap garbage), there was a cap (even lower than 48), weapons and armor didn't cost your first-born child, and nobody bought and sold characters. or shared to get 24/7 leveling, or gc farmed for $$ on your alt just to turn around and buy everything ingame from the shop with the money you earned on your other character. Those who cheat the way the game was meant to be played rule pk and it sucks, to be blunt, for everyone else. And in my opinion this problem does belong in this thread because it is a reason people don't go pk. That simple.

Completely understand your view point, and there are many others in game that share this. a few points I would like to make.

You made the example of the use of a brod. It is a good example to use, as there is a counter defense for this item. There is no defense for an Remote Control bomb stack.

Since there are many no drop maps in game, Losing equipment is not as big of an issue as it once was. And yes they are expensive. Lets say, a complete fighter outfit with thermal serp is 1million gc's. My suggestion would be for a complete mage out-fit, or ranger outfit to be equivilent. That is, the pain threshold for TOP gear. Though this sounds terrible, it is not, as a fighter you will only need the one set, You will have to choose more wisely where to invest those gc's then to invest them in every item in game.

A tit set with a radio active rapier is still pretty good, and competive at 1/2 the cost. So my suggestion is to add balance to the items in game. So that the items that suit a ranger best are used for the pk competive ranger. I wish I had better language skills to make my point more clear.

Channel 6 is a topic for another time, and I think you know my feelings on that one.

what of tunic of the ninja/cape of passive camo those are good for rangers in pk the bombs i completly agree with but its a risk of steping in pk unless you have one perk then its thier fault for taking the perk if it is changed wouldnt it effect the consequences of the neggs?

besides dpa bombs dont work and can easily pk there to avoid them :P

You asked why people don't pk and how to balance it so they will.

Trying to justify the things people have pointed out as why they don't pk isn't going to make them want to pk any more than they already don't.

Telling them their reasons are for another topic isn't going to help either.

These people (not all but most of them) get bored very fast and start to have attitude/ego problems and must kill everything that moves around. This in my opinion ruins PK.

SO agreed.

Edited by RedDevil

Trying to justify the things people have pointed out as why they don't pk isn't going to make them want to pk any more than they already don't.

Sorry Aislinn,

I did not ask why people did not pk, some people still do :)

The meaning of my question is what items, skills in game could be tweaked to make the current system of pk more balanced.

Sorry Aislinn,

The meaning of my question is what items, skills in game could be tweaked to make the current system of pk more balanced.

And my post was to indicate that pk won't be more balanced with only a tweaking of spells and gear. However I bow out to your handful of invited posters to discuss amongst themselves how they would like their gear and spells to work. The rest of us will muddle along on critters as usual.

Sorry Aislinn,

And my post was to indicate that pk won't be more balanced with only a tweaking of spells and gear. However I bow out to your handful of invited posters to discuss amongst themselves how they would like their gear and spells to work. The rest of us will muddle along on critters as usual.

I feel so miss-understood I am expecting Pink to write a song about me...

But after our chat in game, and others saying over the years, Sure, Lets remove brod from game, if that would change the mind of people to give the pk aspect of the game more of a chance, I don't think anyone would really complain. Since almost all pkers wear a mage skirt (with cotu perk) Removing the Brod effect would be a great start.

I dot think wizzy is saying this will fix all problems with pk. He is just saying maybe its time to try something else to help it. Gear now is mostly geared to fighters. not mages, summoners, rangers except for a few pieces as drty mentioned. and even then it doesnt help much.

Not only would this help pk but a specific outfit for say rangers could also help in invances, invasions, instances etc.

It's a start. And tbh i sit in kf for hours letting lower level players fight. A lot of ppl leave ppl alone if they say they want a 1v1 fight. Not everyone are jerks but yes there are many.

huh ?:o

so whats going to happen to the brods we own as seeing its a 180-200k item...

Probably nothing, unfortunately :P

Wizzy: I can disagree and still :wub: you :hug:

small hits to fix a bigger problem. and a fix to the small hit might be that the npc could be made to buy them back.

yea cali i agree but its just not soley for pk if it did happen it wouldnt be just for pkers so tbh it wouldnt effect pk that much,it would go for instances/invances mostly so still how to benifit pk idk i guess be active youre self in it (not you cali as we fight almost every day xD) but people who think they know whats best for pk that dont pk is a little absurd ;)

well time to sell it then o.O

Well it is still an item right, Maybe the brod could be turned into a "Mage Weapon" For example does extra magic damage / hit but uses 5 extra mana every hit.. See, maybe we can use some imagination here. No one is saying remove it completely, but tweaking it might have benifits too.

yea cali i agree but its just not soley for pk if it did happen it wouldnt be just for pkers so tbh it wouldnt effect pk that much,it would go for instances/invances mostly so still how to benifit pk idk i guess be active youre self in it (not you cali as we fight almost every day xD) but people who think they know whats best for pk that dont pk is a little absurd ;)

How about people saying why they DON'T pk? Is that absurd? Because that's all I've really seen here so far.

thats the reason pk has died no one participates because theyre scared of a death in kf so what you dont drop...i think it is rediculous that people talk about pk but yet i have seen them maybe pk 2ce or 3 times in the past 2 years and ruined pk all the higher a/ds try to huddle together in one guild or ally or nap that is what ruins pk

but people who think they know whats best for pk that dont pk is a little absurd ;)

Interesting phrase here. "Best for pk"

Are we talking pk as it stands now with only a handful of people in it and most of those on recycled and shared characters and keeping it that way?

Or are we talking making it more appealing for more people to want to participate?

Do we want to improve it for just the current bunch or make more want to come? What does "best" mean to you?

@ drtydevil: Don't talk like you've been here since 2003 and know everyone who's ever pk'd or not and on what character.

imo i think the 130s+ all jumping on 1 or 2 lower lvls or 130+not attacking others thier own levels and just chit chats in a pk map is what ruins pk its stupid lol why not try to have a good fight instead of a quick 4-5 hit fight and a guarenteed win best imo should hold a contest no prizes just make no brods allowed and all skills allowed just to have fun and see what happens i dont mean guild vs guild more of a free for all? let ppl try pk who havent from that aspect then comment on this thread as i pk every day so does cali and many others who tbh i dont see on this topic