Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AitorTillas

Forum Idea

Hi There,

I dont know if its possible to implement that, because i dont know if radu implemented the forum himself or if its possible to updated it.

The idea is that the server remembers which of the posts in a thread i have readed, and when i get in the thread again it goes to the page of the first post i have not readed and scholls down till i find the first unreaded post in the top of my screen.

There are some actual forums which actualy implement that feature, and it makes it quite easyer to follow conversations that take multiple pages.

What do u think? Is that even possible?

Thx

AitorTillas

I think i have not explained myself good, or i dont know how to configure that, but in my case it does not work.

I Try Again....

In a Thread there are lets say 54 pots, with a page size of 10 posts per Page. I have readed till the post 34 in my last time.

My wish is that when i enter to this thread, it directly goes to page 4, and scrolls down to post 5(35), so the post in the top of my page is the one i have not readed.

Wh

A perfect example of that is the GenX Thread in the market channel. When i enter the thread, i want to skil the 300+ pages that i have allready readed, and just go to the first post i have not readed

Some of you are familiar with the unofficial Forum. This forum does exactly what i mean.

Can i configure this forum somehow that does exactly that? I have checked the configuration, etc.. and it does not make it

I use Windows with Firefox installed, no plugis afaik.

Thx

AitorTillas

It already exists...

Is the small orange arrow that appears on the left of each threat name: "Go to first unread post"

In other point i want to add a suggestion for the forums: Allow guests to make searchs.

You can also use the "View New Content" link that Wizzy mentioned, in the upper right side next to the RSS icon, and any post links in the list that gives you will go to the first unread post also. ;)