Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dipi

#AFK

Hi, I suggest when you come back from #AFK it brings you the blue spam messages, just like it does with the PMs received and the local chat where is your name.

This would help people to avoid invasions they dont want to join or join to events announced.

Regards.

Dipi.

The only blue, spam messages I know about is #gm :o Is there really a sense in bringing it all back? ;)

Since I believe the messages showing up when you come back from #AFK are client side messages, it would make sense to me that this feature could be enhanced and configurable to show any type of message you missed while #AFK.

This could be harvesting events, fighting events, player death events, invasion events, global mod messages, personal mod messages, guild messages, interguild messages, channel messages and as usual private messages and local messages. Of course, bringing back all of some of that might be rather annoying, but an option is an option.

It might be nice to have a list of words (case insensitive) which could be used as optional triggers for the option too. Then, you could have the game log it whenever someone says your name or a certain resource....or whatever you like.

Channel 3 without #ignore_bots could still be somewhat usable again if we could configure channels so that they are excluded from the "ALL" channel tab unless a trigger word is mentioned. Ok, I added another suggestion inside this suggestion thread, but it seemed relevant to my addition to his suggestion. :)

The only blue, spam messages I know about is #gm :o Is there really a sense in bringing it all back? ;)

there are also global announcements (invasions: "the moon turns red...", contests and such) in the same colour.

there are also global announcements (invasions: "the moon turns red...", contests and such) in the same colour.

True indeed, but i do agree with the idea of having a message after coming from AFK, with and about a Global Invasion - if one its going on or will go soon. Like this we dont have to get on ch6 and ask all the time where what how, or GM - if someone is online and not AFK to answer. :icon13:

<...>

True indeed, but i do agree with the idea of having a message after coming from AFK, with and about a Global Invasion - if one its going on or will go soon. Like this we dont have to get on ch6 and ask all the time where what how, or GM - if someone is online and not AFK to answer. :icon13:

Then might it be possible to repeat the message you get on logging in (time, #il output, #day output)?

Or treat the blue messages (global announcements) like PM's, giving you the option to review them.

Afaik, the global announcements all use the same channel, which means that correctly parsing out the invasion (or contest) msgs is going to be tricky or impossible.