Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Raistlin

Attack bug

I encountered a strange phenomenon today. I tried to attack another player and couldnt get an attack

cursor, even though I was in a PK area. OTOH he could attack me. He and me tried to logout/in, still the same.

Then we played around with the equipment he was wearing, and all of sudden, after several attempts, it worked

again. Ghrae was witness of this. Our assumption is, that is has to do something with the combination of the

items worn and the order he took them on/off.

He had the following equipment: Tit plate, MoL, CoL, SoP, Steel cuisses and greaves plus CotU

As I said, he took them off several times, piece by piece, to see what caused this. Sometimes it was the MoL,

other times the SoP etc., then he wore full equipment after numerous tries it worked again (Attack cursor).

Note: The whole time I was able to attack other players AND creatures.

Edit: added note

Edited by Raistlin

I generally wear my equipment in the following order: CoL, torso, cuisses, greaves, weapon(or shield), medallion, weapon (if two-handed weapon not equipped before), cape. Hence in this case, my initial order was:

1. CoL

2. Tit plate

3. Steel cuisses

4. Steel greaves

5. SoP

6. MoL

7. CoTU

After some permutations and combinations Raistlin could range me with all the items on. In the meantime, taking off one or multiple items was working in a random fashion. No consistency in what item was to be removed, or even how many were to be removed before attacking was becoming possible. An observer however was able to get an attack cursor for me throughout the episode. Ally/NAP status wasn't affecting this occurence.

Regular 1.9.1 client (not the new test one)

Win XP Pro 64

Hmm, didn't try to disable "New selection", haven't thought of it.

Perhaps I can get back with TudaeFadda to try to reproduce it. Ty.

For me: -

#ver returns Eternal Lands Version 1.9.1 Beta (not the new test version, however)

OS Windows XP Home SP3, 32 bit

New Selection box is unchecked.