Eternal Lands Official Forums
Xaphier

EL now in git

Hi everyone, el is now version controlled using git on berlios. The el client is in the master branch, map editor is in map_editor. The branches under feature are for trying new stuff. Currently there is only feature/new_engine. Feel free to ask question in this thread

Great news:) It would be nice if we could enable a commit email list for git too. Looks like you need to be the project admin to add new lists though.

I guess we ought to discuss what constitutes a new feature too. Is this and end to #ifdef features? For example, what is OK to commit to the master branch between releases? Just bug fixes? Or "minor" changes also?

Edited by bluap

I will take a look at the e-mail thing, any idea where to find that on Berlios?

The feature branch should be for stuff that radically changes the way the client works. Anything in that branch does not need to be #ifdefed

The master branch should be used as was the CVS in the past, for relatively minor things that do not require large client changes. Everything there should be #ifdefed

I also want to add that from now on no new things should be commited in the CVS, only in GIT.

I created: elc-git@lists.berlios.de and hopefully configured it right.

The list itself should be created in the next ~12 hours or so. Let me know if it works.

I created: elc-git@lists.berlios.de and hopefully configured it right.

The list itself should be created in the next ~12 hours or so. Let me know if it works.

Thanks for creating the list and for the information on #defs etc. I've subscribed to the list and made a commit but nothing has appeared via email yet and the archive is still showing empty. If you like, I'll contact the site admins to investigate.