Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nathanstenzel

Disable stats by look while on pk maps

If the server sends the character attributes and such while on a pk map and it gives too much information, it may be too convenient to use it on pk maps and choose some newb to slaughter. I get the feeling that might not be a good thing. It might not be good to show the information of anyone that is on a pk map either. I am considering pk arenas as well as actual complete maps when I say pk maps.

If the server sends the character attributes and such while on a pk map and it gives too much information, it may be too convenient to use it on pk maps and choose some newb to slaughter. I get the feeling that might not be a good thing. It might not be good to show the information of anyone that is on a pk map either. I am considering pk arenas as well as actual complete maps when I say pk maps.

Or...

The newb sees the others have chars way out of his league and is warned.

The higher chars see the opponent is a newcomer and choose not to engage.

It's too easy to assume all PKers are bastards. :whistle:

ummm unless i'm missing something, you don't get stats when u use the 'eye' on a person, just their achievements...

Omg but they can see if I have vanquisher, AP etc.!

Well yeah I don't get the point of this suggestion either.

ummm unless i'm missing something, you don't get stats when u use the 'eye' on a person, just their achievements...

Ah. I guess I remembered Radu's post wrong. Well then, this post was a waste. Sorry, folk.

If Radu ever does include any stats, I hope he only includes physique in the info.

So long as privacy stops it, who cares.

Hows about from now on we leave the PK suggestions to people with more than 4 PK fights in their PKi, ey nathan? :P

So long as privacy stops it, who cares.

Hows about from now on we leave the PK suggestions to people with more than 4 PK fights in their PKi, ey nathan? :P

Oh. Don't worry. I will butt in from time to time. It is not just pkers that have a right to post on pk matters. The victims have a right to post too. Ever doubt my right to post and I will end up posting twice as much. You should know that well enough by now.

Yes, I know that despite how often we facepalm @ your ill-conceived, under-PK-educated posts you'll continue to make more, and we'll continue to facepalm. :omg:

You might want to consider too that having "the right" to do something doesn't automatically mean it's a good idea to do it.

The achievements should be hidden by privacy settings if the user wishes.

I'd also like to turn the whole achievements thing off. Don't want the pop-up notifications or the achievements.

-- Zoot

an option to turn achievements off would be great...its a nightmare trying to click on a monster in an instance with people already on it...or just following someone for that matter

The achievements should be hidden by privacy settings if the user wishes.

I'd also like to turn the whole achievements thing off. Don't want the pop-up notifications or the achievements.

-- Zoot

an option to turn achievements off would be great...its a nightmare trying to click on a monster in an instance with people already on it...or just following someone for that matter

http://www.eternal-l...ndpost&p=543387

Thanks Chr0nik, but I already have the "eye" popup disabled. I don't know if this affects the other type of popup that occurs when you get the achievement. I don't want those either. I don't want to know when I've managed to eat a 1000 vegetables.

And further, I don't want the achievements at all. I'd like to opt out of the system all together and lead a quiet life.

-- Zoot