Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cilestiel

broding

<CLIP>

lrn2sarcasmtag.

A sarcastic tone cannot be heard when reading text.

Indeed. I have problems knowing when alot of people in this game make jokes or sarcastic remarks. They need more emoticons or to say "(joking)" or something like that.

As for the economy of the game, a bit of player vs npc price comparisons would help, since some items can no longer be made at market price or even a 25% discount from market price. Of course, that is a bit off topic.

On topic, is there a counter in the current or the test client for tracking how many items you BroDed or had BroDed on you? It might be an interesting thing to track if the BroD is to stay in existence. The information could even be used for future debates on the matter of BroD use.

Edited by nathanstenzel

<CLIP>

lrn2sarcasmtag.

A sarcastic tone cannot be heard when reading text.

Indeed. I have problems knowing when alot of people in this game make jokes or sarcastic remarks. They need more emoticons or to say "(joking)" or something like that.

As for the economy of the game, a bit of player vs npc price comparisons would help, since some items can no longer be made at market price or even a 25% discount from market price. Of course, that is a bit off topic.

On topic, is there a counter in the current or the test client for tracking how many items you BroDed or had BroDed on you? It might be an interesting thing to track if the BroD is to stay in existence. The information could even be used for future debates on the matter of BroD use.

Albeit brod may not be good for the economy.

It is however a useful force tool. Some one scams, yada yada. The BROD is there to strike a little fear in them. However minute it might be.

It's a great revenge tool for those who want to 'get even' with some one who has more than wronged you. I don't see the point in taking it out to be honest. It might be an asshole thing to do but it does serve somewhat of a purpose in the game. And that is NOT to help the economy.

It is however a useful force tool. Some one scams, yada yada. The BROD is there to strike a little fear in them. However minute it might be.

True

It's a great revenge tool for those who want to 'get even' with some one who has more than wronged you. I don't see the point in taking it out to be honest. It might be an asshole thing to do but it does serve somewhat of a purpose in the game. And that is NOT to help the economy.

Agreed here too. What I've always asked myself though, is if NOT having Brod would actually benefit 'the economy'. There are quite a few people who decided to no longer set foot in PK, basically only because of the chance to get hit with Brod. With the high end gear that's needed these days for Joe Average to even stand a chance to last longer than a minute against the people that have either trained for 5+ hours a day for a few years, or who have purchased their levels, or have purchased their gear with USD injections. A player who choses to keep EL free to play and who is unable to spend a lot of time making gc ingame simply can't afford to get their hard earned dragon armor degraded on purpose by someone else. Of course there are the 'hardcore PK lovers' who will still go and who don't care about it, but I'm fairly certain PK could be appreciated by a larger crowd if the brod was not an issue. A larger crowd that might get so enthousiastic that they would be more driven to level up, use more essies, use more SRs and also PK pots, they would also need to invest in some more armor, a wider range of weapons in storage etc.

I guess we'll never know :)

Edited by Dilly

I was reading a dispute post today about broding, and I do agree that broding in PK just to see if you can kill higher lvls for their items (silly ones without rostogol) or just to be able to kill people is not a good thing, however what do you think about broding when you are on a hydro run?

is this deemed acceptable, because you are defending your stock of s2e's for your hydro run.

Only BRoD if you want to piss someone off by Breaking their st00fs...if you wanna' KILL now, that calls for the BoD.

And as far as who,what,when and where ? It's all in your Tags colors Bro...

If ur Green,u get a pass.

If ur Yellow, errrr...

If ur Brown, "youre goin' DOWN" ! ..or I'll die trying anyways,so...

tokie

p.s.

And yes,Poundin' You (#nU) Guild only uses 3 colors. Take ur pick ; )

True

Agreed here too. What I've always asked myself though, is if NOT having Brod would actually benefit 'the economy'. There are quite a few people who decided to no longer set foot in PK, basically only because of the chance to get hit with Brod. With the high end gear that's needed these days for Joe Average to even stand a chance to last longer than a minute against the people that have either trained for 5+ hours a day for a few years, or who have purchased their levels, or have purchased their gear with USD injections. A player who choses to keep EL free to play and who is unable to spend a lot of time making gc ingame simply can't afford to get their hard earned dragon armor degraded on purpose by someone else. Of course there are the 'hardcore PK lovers' who will still go and who don't care about it, but I'm fairly certain PK could be appreciated by a larger crowd if the brod was not an issue. A larger crowd that might get so enthousiastic that they would be more driven to level up, use more essies, use more SRs and also PK pots, they would also need to invest in some more armor, a wider range of weapons in storage etc.

I guess we'll never know :)

I agree ..but if anyone DOES wanna' BRoD my AuggieZ, well they're more than welcome to try :)