Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Shadow bug with alpha objects

With the vertex programs, the render uses the order of the meshes that is defined in the XML files so actually it's quite good because you can choose it yourself. :)

If you're interested, I can take more time to see if we can use the same mechanism for the normal render mode...

Whenever you do have some time, I do think this would be the best way. I noticed some "see through" bugs with the medallions when I had the vertex program off. But since I reordered the xml file like you said to do, it looks fine with it turned on.

Np. When I'll have enough time to look at it, I'll try to do that.

Radu told me about another bug with alpha items when being invisible. I fixed it. It was because the actors were drawn twice. Once in ghost mode and once in alpha mode.

I'm running the official client 1.92 since I've started to play again and I've noticed only yesterday that the shadows were not working anymore when wearing a medallion. I've checked the shaders/anim_depth.vert file and I've seen that it has been reverted to the old version.

The line almost at the end of the file is:

MOV result.color, constant.xxxz;

and should be:

MOV result.color, constant.xxxx;

So did you revert it because you found another bug related to this change?

If it's just because you've forgot to put the file into the official package, then it's just a reminder about what should be done to fix the bug... ;)

Cheers!

Edited by Schmurk