Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dchels

AP increase and decrease

Hi,

With people taking armour piercing potions i would like to see it be possible for those players to increase or decrease their armour piercing capability depending on what they are doing. Obviously depending on how many they have purchased. For this they could increase up to their maximum for PK or decrease it for normal training.

Davy

Well i knew this would have come up the old rl, this is a game shit lol. For Khalai where in rl can you click a button and heal your self ffs have an imagination.

What am i basing this on, ok during melee attack you have a choice of different armour and weapons for different effects on the target, i think it would be nice to have the same for those who have spent a lot of gc on AP pots to have a choice for their effect on targets. It lets them have a good effect in PK and also lets them train better the same way ice dragon armour and aug armour would in melee training/pking.

I don't know how hard this would be to implement, i have a few suggestions but would like some sensible feedback or criticism before i would mention them, other than the "you cant do this in rl". We are playing a game and other than programming constrictions all is possible with a little imagination, we are not bound by the laws of physics.

Davy

Just bring in a new arrow/bolt to cover the different aspects of ranging.

Arrow/bolt of fluffy pillows: Has reduced armour peircing capabilities due to the head being made from a mixture of cockatrice feathers, white fabric and cotton. Half damage calculation based on a hit, as per a training arrow, but chances to hit have a negative on the AP in the calculation. Since these would be mix-only items and not available from NPC I would suggest the price range be higher than training arrows on market. I'd also think they would be less accurate than most other arrow currently available, since wind sheer/aerodynamics would reduce accuracy to a great extent (who said we cant bring some physics into it??).

I don't know how hard this would be to implement, i have a few suggestions but would like some sensible feedback or criticism before i would mention them, other than the "you cant do this in rl". We are playing a game and other than programming constrictions all is possible with a little imagination, we are not bound by the laws of physics.

We are not indeed, I just wanted to hear some sensible explanation, how this should work :) And yes, it was intentional provocation from my side, but only to achieve that this idea will be more elaborated.

"This is game, not real life" will not suffice if you want e.g. nuclear arrows w/o sensible explanation, why and how it should work. I have read none in the original post, so I took a little pinch there ;)