Eternal Lands Official Forums
ManDroyL

Graphic problems!

Please can you provide details of your graphics card and driver version. A lot of the time, updating the graphics drivers fixes this kind of problem. Also can you post the contents of your error_log.txt file. Thanks.

I have a little bit similar problem.

Performance of EL has gone really DOWN for me (but this could be because of my old GFX i guess).

I have now 1-4 FPS (running on "poor man")...

You can see my problem on this video (5MB): http://umbro.mud.sk/el/videoprob.avi

I am running the latest ubuntu package.

GFX:

excerpt from glxinfo:
OpenGL vendor string: DRI R300 Project
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R300 (RV380 3150) 20090101 x86/MMX/SSE2 TCL
OpenGL version string: 1.5 Mesa 7.6

excerpt from lspci:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M24 1P [Radeon Mobility X600]

I have a little bit similar problem.

Performance of EL has gone really DOWN for me (but this could be because of my old GFX i guess).

I have now 1-4 FPS (running on "poor man")...

You can see my problem on this video (5MB): http://umbro.mud.sk/el/videoprob.avi

I am running the latest ubuntu package.

GFX:

excerpt from glxinfo:
OpenGL vendor string: DRI R300 Project
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R300 (RV380 3150) 20090101 x86/MMX/SSE2 TCL
OpenGL version string: 1.5 Mesa 7.6

excerpt from lspci:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M24 1P [Radeon Mobility X600]

Try going into the restricted drivers thing and adding the proprietary ati driver. It has better performance I think.

Try going into the restricted drivers thing and adding the proprietary ati driver. It has better performance I think.
I might be wrong, but this ATI card is no longer supported by Ubuntu's latest version of Xorg and ATI's proprietary driver ;/ (i run ubuntu 9.10)

At least from what i read on forums ...

I might be wrong, but this ATI card is no longer supported by Ubuntu's latest version of Xorg and ATI's proprietary driver ;/ (i run ubuntu 9.10)

At least from what i read on forums ...

Then you might need to revert back to a version that was supported. Honestly, ati's linux support is shit - I've had to deal with it too so I understand your pain :o

Well, i can't downgrade due to other things ..

But interesting thing is, that my FPS is pretty decent (like in the old client) until the textures start to flicker. Then CPU usage jumps to the roof and FPS drops down to 1-4 (i use now isometric view and when the textures start to flicker, i zoom in till it stops) ...