Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sir_Odie

watch more than one skill in the stats-bar

there is no 'remove bar' context menu (latest cvs)

The new version is not yet committed to CVS.

The latest version is working nicely IMHO. Thanks for taking our suggestions on board Sir_Odie.

This ability did confuse me to start with. In fact I posted it as a bug.

I normally have multiple characters logged on, so my screen isn't wide enough for multiple exp bars.

On the occasion that I focus on one account (usually fighting), the ability to have multiple skills exp bars displayed at once will be nice. I can conceive of Attack, Defense, Magic, Ranging, and OA.

One thing that might make it easier to fit these bars would be to drop the color bar (it exists on the right anyway). This way each would require less room. Another way might be to put the bar under the numbers and continue down with the skill name.

To help those with lower resolution displays, the exp to level could optionally be put to the left of the current status bars. Might even want to make the font-size configurable.

That is a number of my rough thoughts. Thanks for keeping innovation going.

Nice update, I love it, but I noticed an odd behaviour, or at least I find it odd.

When I have more than one stat bar in my HUD, the rightmost one is changed if I simply click a stat in the overview, like in the old client (this is what I expect so no problem there). But if I click the currently selected stat for the rightmost bar it does not revert to OA but is removed. Don't know if this is intentional or not, it just confused me a bit till I found out what was happening.

Nice update, I love it, but I noticed an odd behaviour, or at least I find it odd.

When I have more than one stat bar in my HUD, the rightmost one is changed if I simply click a stat in the overview, like in the old client (this is what I expect so no problem there). But if I click the currently selected stat for the rightmost bar it does not revert to OA but is removed. Don't know if this is intentional or not, it just confused me a bit till I found out what was happening.

Clicking on an already selected skill removes that skills bar. However, when you remove the last bar, rather than display none, a bar for the OA skill is display. That is the intended and observed behaviour. I modified Sir_Odie's patch a little when I committed and I can't remember if this behaviour was something I changed. If people like it, its Sir_Odie's otherwise its mine. :) If there is an alternative, better way lets discuss it.

What I had expected was that if I clicked the skill selected for a bar, it would display OA, not remove the bar, but rethinking it, I guess that would be confusing if OA was already selected for another bar.

This however gave me another idea: make the leftmost bar lockable (or maybe all), so that it can only be changed by right clicking it, and selecting another stat to be displayed.

Or make an option where only alt+clicking an already selected stat would remove it.

Or just leave it as it is :hiya:

Or make an option where only alt+clicking an already selected stat would remove it.

alt+click to remove a stat-bar was the way i implemented it. As you need alt to add a bar, needing alt to remove it would be consequent.

There were some issues with the stats-bars, that's why bluap made some changes to resolve them; as this version seems to work, it's the question if we should try to change it again or leave it the way it is...